67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/CRUNCHY_MMLONI/status/1376758671468752897

Kiara just gave Mamaloni permission to break her limiters

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

So I was checking out Neptunia Virtual Stars to see what the deal with it is. I think it's some sort of... rhythm-based third person shooter? It looks like a fun game... but apparently you can't actually play as any of the guest vtubers? Which seems like a missed opportunity on an enormous scale. There's a ton of them, so maybe they just couldn't make that happen due to the sheer volume, but I feel like most people are going to find that out and say "Why would I want to play a game with vtubers in it if I can't play as a vtuber?"

Also there's no Nijisanji as far as I can tell? Which seems odd? Aren't they like... crazy big in the Japanese vtuber scene? More than HoloPro even?

Like other Nep games the premise sounds hilarious (you have to fight the malicious, content-destroying "Antis"), but as someone who has never really been able to get into the series, I don't think that's enough for me to justify buying it at full price.

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

^Perhaps Niji didn't consider it to be worthwhile. The Neptunia series isn't exactly as well-known as it used to be. That said, seeing Aogiri High School Game Club there... Oof. The main group that they're part of was the one with the infamous controversy of replacing the people behind the vtubers treating them as "just" seiyuus. Tho this side group, Aogiri, is doing better now? I did hear one of the members graduated.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So I was checking out Neptunia Virtual Stars to see what the deal with it is. I think it's some sort of... rhythm-based third person shooter? It looks like a fun game...

Reviews I've come across have not been kind

Also there's no Nijisanji as far as I can tell? Which seems odd? Aren't they like... crazy big in the Japanese vtuber scene? More than HoloPro even?

This was true for a while, but I think Hololive has since surpassed them. ...It's still weird since NVS's roster seems to have been finalized in 2019, and that was a banner year for Nijisanji :/

Doesn't have Kaguya Luna, either. Several dead channels, though

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

No one mentioned the OkaKoro stream? Kisses!!!!

HoloEN went full degenerate...I'm ok with this but I dunno if Ame screaming "COOM" on another channel is a good idea.

Uto was a deviru for a day.

And yay Haachama is back! Literally
Forgot to mention: Lulu is back too.

Give some love to Mint: https://youtu.be/27UKSIRqW2A
She's retiring in 34 hrs. That's the final stream.

Reviews I've come across have not been kind

Because apparently the game runs like shit on pc. Let's wait for the patch, as usual.
Can't say anything about the gameplay since I haven't played it yet. I was already disappointed about not being able to play as the Vtubers since the JP release.

last edited at Apr 2, 2021 6:32AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

1st Gen collab stream incoming

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

HoloEN went full degenerate

And smol. I think Walfie may technically be the most prolific official artist now

Mostly I'm wondering what they consider to be such a major announcement that they need to tease it like this

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Are there clips of the Karaoke stream Ame did yesterday?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Mostly I'm wondering what they consider to be such a major announcement that they need to tease it like this

My money's something on EN gen 2. Maybe. That would be pretty "major".

edit: whoops I thought it was HoloEN gen 1 they were talking about.

Well then I guess Hololive gen 6? Unfortunately it's at 4 AM PDT, so I'm gonna have to miss it. The early risers on the east coast might be able to catch it I guess.

last edited at Apr 4, 2021 6:14PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Some fun OkaKoro details

Well then I guess Hololive gen 6

Yeah, that's plausible, if more buildup than usual

last edited at Apr 4, 2021 6:15PM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Some fun OkaKoro details

My money's something on EN gen 2. Maybe. That would be pretty "major".

But on a JP stream?

Dang it you caught my mistake before I could edit it lmao

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://youtu.be/vsMR6QVtG_A

Kiara's call during Calli's birthday stream was so cute.

joined Dec 18, 2020

Kojo Anna of Sugar Lyric had an English stream recently. Sadly she privated it because of some embarassing thing that happened, but it was a really fun stream, even if it went to weird places. You should keep an eye out on her.

last edited at Apr 5, 2021 7:47AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Came across some Towa info and I love her even more now. She's truly an angel. Its not "forbidden info" but I dunno the source, so I don't want to just share it carelessly.
Edit: check today's Apex stream for cute cat noises, 30 min mark for archive viewers.

Kiara got emotional about her wife-friend on stream again.

Also, boinboin Nyanners is cursed as hell.

last edited at Apr 7, 2021 8:04AM

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Cursed, or BLURSED?

Having not seen it I'm going to guess cursed.

last edited at Apr 7, 2021 5:35PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So the gen 1 collab announcement turned out to be a 3rd anniversary live show

Now you're making me curious

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

PPT nearing the end of Jump King. Come lend her your power!

DEDENNE!

SHE DID IT! SHE IS THE KING OF JUMPS! Perfect Platformer Tenshi!

Matsuri's favorite english word is 3 letters long.

So I just discovered that there's a Holomyth... soundtrack thing? And it is absolutely AMAZING.

Ame's song is too damn good. Like DAMN. I need to get this album.

last edited at Apr 13, 2021 1:00AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Noel 1M!
Suisei flirting with everyone now lol

OkaKoro kiss again! ...and Korone is simping for beef vampire lady from RE8 too. Surprised Miko isn't.

Oh pfft Subaru couldn't clear a single lvl in MM2. I think this means it's time for a training montage!

I know it was days ago but here's boinboin Nyanners for those who missed it: https://youtu.be/lzi0AR9I-t8

So I just discovered that there's a Holomyth... soundtrack thing? And it is absolutely AMAZING.

Uh...it came out last month and was posted on the mostly def HoloEN channel.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Uh...it came out last month and was posted on the mostly def HoloEN channel.

Hey, I've got a perfectly legitimate excuse for not knowing about it.

...or I would if I could think of one.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, Nijisanji IN's last day is the 30th. General consensus is that they just weren't making enough money to offset costs. Weird, though, since the announcement states that the branch is only temporarily gone?

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Sui-chan concert and song were amazing as usual! I like the fact that her english pronunciation got a lot better after the first en karaoke.

Amelia played Paladins lol. I've never been so proud of being a long time player of this broken jank mess but fun game. Gura is playing it on Saturday but more importantly....SHES PLAYING DMC BABY WOOOOHHOOOOOO!

Speaking of her:https://twitter.com/amatsukauto/status/1381976606697123840?s=20

Ground pounding is getting weirder and weirder...

So, Nijisanji IN's last day is the 30th. General consensus is that they just weren't making enough money to offset costs. Weird, though, since the announcement states that the branch is only temporarily gone?

Tbf, I don't think Niji themselves knew what to do with this brand. They rebranded them to Nijisanji En then back to In at one point. The second part is definitely the weirdest thing, yeh. I wish them the best.

Relevant: https://twitter.com/Noor_VTuber/status/1381992959965495300?s=20

Among Us collab between JP vtubers Kizuna Ai, Siro, Nijisanji's Higuchi Kaede, and EN vtubers of Vshojo Silvervale, Nyanners, Ironmouse, Veibae and Froot happening right now.

I need to finish this one. Btw, Kiara got Froot into some trouble with Zentreya lmaooo:
https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1381415060556414979?s=20

Luna is not into yuri...buuuut.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

https://twitter.com/takanashikiara/status/1383907763894427653

Very important phoenix lore from the woman herself.

To reply you must either login or sign up.