Forum › Yuuki Yuuna is a Hero Club Member discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't follow this series, so I'm quite confused about how this should be tagged. Help welcome.

joined Feb 11, 2014

Wait... is it a manga version of the anime? Did the anime come first or the manga?

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 9:49PM

joined Apr 23, 2014

Wooooooooah cuuuuuuteeee! This is totally my cup of sugar!

I don't follow this series, so I'm quite confused about how this should be tagged. Help welcome.

I concur. This is looking like another 'girls club with friendship and some context' but with only two chapters to go by, it's hard to come to a conclusion.

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 9:58PM

joined Feb 11, 2014

Oh, okay. It's one of those 4-koma parody spin-offs.

I recommend you guys watch the anime though. It's nothing like this.

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 9:49PM

joined Jun 18, 2014

lols. lots of tags missing on this series. wheres my tragedy tag?

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

The anime trolls you. It pretends to be a slice of life, then halfway through the first ep it turns into Madoka... then by the 5th ep (I think) it turns into SOL again... AND THEN it turns into Madoka again during the next ep. xD

I think this is more of the SOL part of the series... so it's not the manga version of the anime.

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 10:13PM

joined Apr 23, 2014

Yeah... I just skipped through the anime series as it is so far and its completely different then any of this. <:/

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The anime trolls you. It pretends to be a slice of life, then halfway through the first ep it turns into Madoka... then by the 5th ep (I think) it turns into SOL again... AND THEN it turns into Madoka again during the next ep. xD

I think this is more of the SOL part of the series... so it's not the manga version of the anime.

It sounds like the anime, by your description at least, has seriously uneven pacing.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hm, I think this is actually a prequel, before the magical girl stuff starts

Itsuki is so boring before she loses her voice

It sounds like the anime, by your description at least, has seriously uneven pacing.

It's clearly intentional, though. The series messes with your expectations

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 10:35PM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Holy crap I love Yuki Yuna I come I didn't know this existed? and yet I know about the 2 games lol
Yuna x Togo still OTP I love it! I really don't want to ship the sisters but sometimes I can't help it >_<
What's with the Vividred credits?...........I know the Vividred director was the same from Strike witches but I didn't find any connection here...hmm...

Probably not yuri but maybe you should throw in a subtext tag just in case. This is a spin-off so that tag is fine, the anime is half accion/mahou shoujo and half slice of life there's "break time" just like strike witches and vivdred operation we can't have cute girls fighting a full season after all gotta have those awesome character interactions!

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

this is so cute but the actual series is just it hurts my feels so much :(, why cant it be fluffy like this ? ;.;

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Yuna x Togo still OTP I love it! I really don't want to ship the sisters but sometimes I can't help it >_<

I know, right? I honestly have no idea whether the shippy moments between those two are intentional. Yuuna x Tougou obviously is, but...

What's with the Vividred credits?...........I know the Vividred director was the same from Strike witches but I didn't find any connection here...hmm...

It looks like a 4koma spinoff ran in the same magazine

last edited at Dec 6, 2014 3:21AM

K
joined Oct 12, 2014

Wow Yuki Yuna Yuusha de aru no manga how nice!!!!
watching this anime of this and now a manga series how cool!! well anyway the story looks like a lot with Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

page 2: "Besides, don't you already have a waifu, Yuuna?" - Can't help but grinning here :D

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Holy crap I love Yuki Yuna I come I didn't know this existed? and yet I know about the 2 games lol

Probably not yuri but maybe you should throw in a subtext tag just in case. This is a spin-off so that tag is fine, the anime is half accion/mahou shoujo and half slice of life there's "break time" just like strike witches and vivdred operation we can't have cute girls fighting a full season after all gotta have those awesome character interactions!

It's more like 25% SOL lol.

I like Vividred better for a cute girls doing badass things show... Yuki Yuna is too all over the place, it's like Madoka Magica with a split personality disorder :P And besides, Vividred has a confirmed yuri couple in it.

joined Jul 5, 2014

It's more like 25% SOL lol.

I like Vividred better for a cute girls doing badass things show... Yuki Yuna is too all over the place, it's like Madoka Magica with a split personality disorder :P And besides, Vividred has a confirmed yuri couple in it.

It does? o.o
Which couple?

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Wakaba and Himawari

joined Jul 5, 2014

Heeh... When was that confirmed? I don't remember anything like that in the anime.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

They didn't kiss or confess love for each other (that I remember), but it was pretty obvious without yuri goggles... so maybe obvious is a better word choice than confirmed.

joined Jul 5, 2014

They didn't kiss or confess love for each other (that I remember), but it was pretty obvious without yuri goggles... so maybe obvious is a better word choice than confirmed.

Hmm, they were close, sure. I always kinda considered Vividred as a harem lol, seeing as they only ever docked with red. Even though they could dock with each other.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

Yeah it did have a harem feel in that respect lol.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Don't judge Yuki Yuna yet, good or bad. It's a series still in progress, anime-original.

I think it's amazing, but I do get annoyed by people comparing it to Madoka. Yeah, it's similar in that it's a super serious Magical Girl show, but that might be where the comparison trails off. They are two completely different shows, one is amazing, and the other looks to also be amazing but in a different right.

No spoilers, but you'd have to see the show for yourself to see what I mean. Basically I just highly recommend you all just go and watch it. It's come roaring out of left field in terms of what shows are the best this season.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

As for the shippings, if you have issues with incest, then learn to swallow your pride. Fuu and Itsuki is a pretty cut and clear ship. If you don't want to like that, then at least learn to accept the subtext and embrace YunaxTogo. Seriously, those two make me squirm in delight so much when I watch the show.

Kosuzu
joined Nov 11, 2014

Hm, I think this is actually a prequel, before the magical girl stuff starts

Itsuki is so boring before she loses her voice

It's clearly intentional, though. The series messes with your expectations

Does it though? Did anyone really expect the entire second half to be SoL? Hate to be cynical about this (Despite its faults, I genuinely like the show) but it looked to me like they just wanted an opportunity to shoehorn in some fanservice.

And Nezchan, I think the pacing is even enough. It's just really fast. They're basically doing two story arcs in a single cour.

joined Oct 17, 2014

Don't judge Yuki Yuna yet, good or bad. It's a series still in progress, anime-original.

I think it's amazing, but I do get annoyed by people comparing it to Madoka. Yeah, it's similar in that it's a super serious Magical Girl show, but that might be where the comparison trails off. They are two completely different shows, one is amazing, and the other looks to also be amazing but in a different right.

No spoilers, but you'd have to see the show for yourself to see what I mean. Basically I just highly recommend you all just go and watch it. It's come roaring out of left field in terms of what shows are the best this season.

I totally agree with you. I feel really annoyed when people just hear or watch a couple of episodes, then conclude it imitate Madoka and start to compare.

It is a hidden gem and become better after each ep. And the OST are also great too > <

To reply you must either login or sign up.