Forum › Tifa Takes A Shower discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@Skywallker Once we get the intergrade dlc later this year where you play Yuffie, expect a lot more art for her to pop up!

@Skyrin Not at all- she has some visible muscle- and if you're refering to the the origional game lol- her in game sprite is SO low poly you cant tell a thing about how ripped she is meant to be- her body is just a few sticks and lumpy bits etc.
In the original games cgi she isnt muscley at all either.

last edited at Mar 11, 2021 8:28PM

Photo
joined Apr 26, 2017

Arieth.exe has stopped responding
Way to go Tifa you broke her xD

joined Mar 8, 2016

It was all a dream?!!?!

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

... Unless the full version takes things in a more concrete direction? In which case...

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!

... Otherwise I stand by my "boo." Beautiful art either way, though. ><;

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

@elevown Yeah, and I am saying that "some" is not enough. Speaking of the modern iteration specifically here. Sure, they gave her a hint of something, but just enough to not upset certain demographics that want their fictional women busty and kickass but not too threatening. And so her arms are still basically twigs. I am not saying she looks bad mind you, just that they could have gone a bit further, and it is pretty clear why they did not.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I think it was both to make her more or less like she is in the origional, and also- because she is incredibly fast- not a a powerhouse tanky kinda character. All that flashing through the air doing 20 kicks in a second is a lot less believable if she is well built and muscley and looks like she'd be quite slow.

joined May 8, 2018

This is literally the first time I can't see the gay or feel it, and I love yuri like it's part of me. But... Hm... Maybe it's just me.

91107743_210163720238204_8085939365433311232_n
joined Oct 15, 2015

Damn, this is gorgeous af. Hope we get more, this artist and this pairing are made for each other.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is literally the first time I can't see the gay or feel it, and I love yuri like it's part of me. But... Hm... Maybe it's just me.

Have you played FF7R? If not I can see why- there isnt much in the origional to go on- beyond people wanting to pair them up because they like them both and they are both in the game.

In the remake, with the close up cameras and voice acting etc giving more feels, there are lots of little scenes between them- that I wouldnt say are flirting or even subtext- but they sure are fuel for the fire and make you think about the posibility. They have a certain chemistry and closeness.

last edited at Mar 12, 2021 6:12AM

joined Sep 9, 2015

In the remake, with the close up cameras and voice acting etc giving more feels, there are lots of little scenes between them- that I wouldnt say are flirting or even subtext- but they sure are fuel for the fire and make you think about the posibility. They have a certain chemistry and closeness.

I am so with you on the chemistry in FF7R. I only played through with the English voices though so I have no idea if it's even remotely close in Japanese. I don't think I'd even thought of them as a pair before FF7R, but it was almost screaming to me (in a good way) while I was playing. But like you said; not flirting! Just being good peeps to each other.

Soooooo. Is there more of this? Is there a link to the creator? Where to go?

joined Mar 8, 2016

I think this is a clear generational thing, because if you (like me) were around for the original game, and you were into lesbian/yuri content, this was a foundational ship. There were plenty of doujin featuring them at the time; they were maybe even the first video game women to get a lesbian ship (there may have been two or three Terra x Celes FFVI books but it was really rare). Yes, largely because they were the two main female characters in an enormously popular game, but damnit, we took what we could get AND WE LIKED IT! Uphill! Both ways! In the snow!

Anyway, I see a lot of replies on Tifa X Aerith lately to this effect and I'm always a little confused because, frankly, fans will ship anyone with everyone now with the slightest (or even no) justification. ><; All that matters is basically, "would this be hot to me?" Not sure why this pairing always brings out the critics.

last edited at Mar 12, 2021 12:02PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

RivalRedRogue posted:

I am so with you on the chemistry in FF7R. I only played through with the English voices though so I have no idea if it's even remotely close in Japanese. I don't think I'd even thought of them as a pair before FF7R, but it was almost screaming to me (in a good way) while I was playing. But like you said; not flirting! Just being good peeps to each other.

Soooooo. Is there more of this? Is there a link to the creator? Where to go?

If you click the artist link at the top of the doujin, you'll end up on their page, with links to various social media. Have at it!

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I love the art and that body type is one I would like to resemble soon!

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Yes, largely because they were the two main female characters in an enormously popular game, but damnit, we took what we could get AND WE LIKED IT! Uphill! Both ways! In the snow!

Just wanna say that this gave me a big dumb smile. Thanks. :)

Lastpersimmondrops
Chi3c
joined Apr 22, 2020

looks like a pretty fun daydream

joined Apr 28, 2019

wheewww i'm mesmerized!

Hololive%2032
joined May 1, 2018

I'm such a sucker for wishful thinking comics. On the topic of shipping that seems to be going on, I never could feel the ship energy between these two in the actual story, but that sure as hell won't stop me from really, really enjoying the doujins and fanart.

Hotyangicon3
joined Jun 6, 2013

This was so needed after playing Final Fantasy 7 remake holy crap.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I just snagged my PS5 two days ago and the FF7R is one of the first games I downloaded to play. Since I am old school and played the original way back in 2001, I think they were one of the first "couples" I secretly shipped (cuz I was wayyyyy in the closet back then. Kagome with Sango from Inuyasha was another ship. Yet "I'm not gay dammit" I said. Riiiight. ahem, anyways..). So not only am I thrilled to be playing such an upgrade to my all time favorite FF iteration, stuff like this makes my day too

20200119_124434
joined Jan 19, 2020

Wow the first doujin in over ten years

I must admit that I never shipped these two i liked Aerith with Cloud but all the fanart with them is so cute I might ship them now too

last edited at Mar 15, 2021 2:05AM

joined Sep 9, 2015

If you click the artist link at the top of the doujin, you'll end up on their page, with links to various social media. Have at it!

Thank you soooo much! :)

Man. Reading all the stuff about trying to find yuri in everything with subtext etc really brings me back. It's great time to be alive when I can actually pick through yuri now...

...unless you get on one of those rare ships (sweatdrop). Happens more than I'd like, haha

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

i think i just died

Fate%20yuri
joined Nov 19, 2020

too bad she only in her head or lucky for cloud

Fate%20yuri
joined Nov 19, 2020

It's canon, and AERITH, y'all just have to accept it

I am more cloud x tifa so I disagree but I love your Spirit

To reply you must either login or sign up.