Forum › Nomura Nao and Kyougoku Hina discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

1) The best revenge is a life well-lived
2) The prime motivator for abuse is control. There doesn't need to be a reason beyond that.

That as well yeah, a lot of abuse stems from a desire for control.

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

2) The prime motivator for abuse is control. There doesn't need to be a reason beyond that.

You know, if you had gone through that situation, you wouldn't say that. The best revenge would be if the person who hurt you dead. Obviously you wouldn't kill nobody but thinking about that is like... peace. When you dream about sleeping without fear. Living without pain. What a fucking pleasure.

And I know this sounds horrible, sorry.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Man fuck her worthless family

joined Sep 27, 2017

You know, if you had gone through that situation, you wouldn't say that. The best revenge would be if the person who hurt you dead. Obviously you wouldn't kill nobody but thinking about that is like... peace. When you dream about sleeping without fear. Living without pain. What a fucking pleasure.

That sounds unhealthy, and like serious therapy is needed.

Img_20200401_132631
joined Jun 17, 2018

That sounds unhealthy, and like serious therapy is needed.

Yep, you are totally right. I'm on it

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

This is one of the best stories I've ever read in a yuri manga, because it was so realistic and relatable. It reminded me of my friend who has a literal shit of a family and he used to come to my house to everyday to escape them. Feeling that you don't belong to your family is a serious depressing feeling and It's really a wonderful feeling when you finally find someone who treats you like their family. This needs a series, I'd pay all of my life savings (15$) for it to become possible.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

People like her family deserves to die... The only good thing they can give mankind is to disappear.

But it was a great story.

joined Oct 9, 2011

BTW is that woman a single mother with 5 kids ???????

Clearly she had a happy and 'fulfilling' marriage, before her partner passed away

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

The abuse tag almost kept me from reading but so glad that I did, and yes this does indeed need a series.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

I'm cryiing so much my dudes uwaaaah~~~

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

And on to my great but painful list it goes

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Amazing! The Mangaka responded to me asking her if the two girls end up together or stay as family!

That being said, this calls into question whether the Yuri Tag should still be on here or if it should be replaced with the Subtext Tag or removed altogether

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 9:27PM

Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Wow, this was really special. I’ve read a lot of stories on here that are saccharine, cutesy, moe, edgy, etc, but this one was really special and stands above the rest. This is a heartwarming treasure. I hope this somehow gets serialized.

joined Feb 7, 2016

Amazing! The Mangaka responded to me asking her if the two girls end up together or stay as family!

That being said, this calls into question whether the Yuri Tag should still be on here or if it should be replaced with the Subtext Tag or removed altogether

I wish I didn’t read this TT - TT I’ll respect the authors decision but awwwwwwww I really thought they were going to be romantically together

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^
Whaa!? Lewd hand holding and a supposed SHARED kiss, gotta be yuri

joined Sep 27, 2017

Interesting, thanks for the info! While I'd love this to be Yuri, the tag should probably be removed to respect the author's wishes. Plus I mean friendship is great as well. Though I am a little surprised, since with the kiss and the handholding at the end, I thought it was implied that they were going to develop into more than friends, especially with the mom teasing them about it. I guess sometimes it's hard to understand the author's intentions just from reading a story, especially since interpretation will vary between different readers. That's why I personally prefer it when author's say, "I'll leave it up to your imagination" as a response for such questions, but I also understand why authors want to have a clear cut narrative.

Akb48-cover-1-1
joined Oct 21, 2018

I think this is the first manga to make me cry on this site. I was literally in tears towards the end.

Discordavi
Dayer
joined Jun 26, 2018

Changed Yuri to Subtext and added Wholesome. First time managing an upload, so if anyone wants to step in and handle it, go ahead. For now though, I will respect the creator's intention and tag as such.

And if you're sad this doesn't end in romance: trauma in real life isn't always solved with a romantic partner. Sometimes it's just about finally having people you can trust who care about you. This story is the start of Nomura's healing, not the end.

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I wish I didn’t read this TT - TT I’ll respect the authors decision but awwwwwwww I really thought they were going to be romantically together

Another way of thinking of it is that the story is trying to focus more on the aspect of family, rather than romance. The Mangaka's intention was probably that the two girls are best left as family because that's what brought them together, in the first place, and that bringing a more romantic touch to it might slightly offset that familial idea.

Whaa!? Lewd hand holding and a supposed SHARED kiss, gotta be yuri

I should mention the Kiss Hina gave Nao was implied to have been Familial, being a callback to how she kisses her family members. So, although this is just subtext a Yuri Author put in to sprinkle their work, it does play into that theme of familial love

joined Sep 27, 2017

And if you're sad this doesn't end in romance: trauma in real life isn't always solved with a romantic partner. Sometimes it's just about finally having people you can trust who care about you. This story is the start of Nomura's healing, not the end.

Oh of course, a good support network is important regardless of romance or friends. I think the main reason why people, or at least myself, were hoping for romance is that they have a very sweet dynamic. Plus the creator frequently makes Yuri, so they attract a certain audience with their works, and it's part of why it's a bit of a surprise that it's entirely only meant to be friends here.

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Paradox tags

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

^^
I was going by the 'shared' part to imply it was a mutual kiss separate from the kiss on the forehead we got.
But now I am just splitting hairs, so just ignore this.

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 10:03PM

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Interesting, thanks for the info! While I'd love this to be Yuri, the tag should probably be removed to respect the author's wishes. Plus I mean friendship is great as well. Though I am a little surprised, since with the kiss and the handholding at the end, I thought it was implied that they were going to develop into more than friends, especially with the mom teasing them about it. I guess sometimes it's hard to understand the author's intentions just from reading a story, especially since interpretation will vary between different readers. That's why I personally prefer it when author's say, "I'll leave it up to your imagination" as a response for such questions, but I also understand why authors want to have a clear cut narrative.

Yeah, that kiss can easily be read as Yuri but remember that Hina kisses her family members, too, so the scene was tryna implicate how Nao is her family

joined Sep 27, 2017

I should mention the Kiss Hina gave Nao was implied to have been Familial, being a callback to how she kisses her family members. So, although this is just subtext a Yuri Author put in to sprinkle their work, it does play into that theme of familial love

Yeah I understand this as well. The affection shown is set up as the type of physical affection she shows for her family, and the familial contact the other girl longed for. So I understand why the friends angle is what the author was aiming for. Still interesting how it's easy to perceive this Yuri without the author's afterword.

Edit:

Yeah, that kiss can easily be read as Yuri but remember that Hina kisses her family members, too, so the scene was tryna implicate how Nao is her family

Ah I was probably typing this last comment of mine when you were submitting this, so I didn't see it until after submitting my own comment. I agree with you, and understand that's the built up narrative the author was aiming for, it's smart in my opinion even if I'd like them to be involved romantically.

last edited at Feb 21, 2021 10:16PM

Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Yeah I understand this as well. The affection shown is set up as the type of physical affection she shows for her family, and the familial contact the other girl longed for. So I understand why the friends angle is what the author was aiming for. Still interesting how it's easy to perceive this Yuri without the author's afterword.

Edit:

Ah I was probably typing this last comment of mine when you were submitting this, so I didn't see it until after submitting my own comment. I agree with you, and understand that's the built up narrative the author was aiming for, it's smart in my opinion even if I'd like them to be involved romantically.

The Mangaka is a Yuri Author, after all, so you could argue it's either habitual or there to help spice up the story through cute undertones

To reply you must either login or sign up.