Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

joined Jul 26, 2016

Ok https://mangadex.org/title/61469/lala-vs-megashark-vs-seto-kaiba

I like the cautionary disclaimer on the cover.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ready for more Gatcha? https://youtu.be/rFeBMv98X30

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ Probably not, Ain't got time for more. I've seen some gameplay and it looks cute. Maybe we'll get some yuri content.

https://twitter.com/CRUNCHY_MMLONI/status/1357055721704091649?s=20

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

Characters look cute, but yea. The fact it's gacha immediately disqualifies it for me.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Sometimes the simplest solution is the most effective one, I moved the pc to a different location and it's working just fine. Still keeping settings low and have a small fan next to it just in case.

https://twitter.com/taletoki/status/1357915471257899009?s=20
Final TakaMori link for now.

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

New avatar is the newly discovered smallest lizard on earth, in case anyone's wondering. Trocticophiles may now relax.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I don't think it will get a global release anytime soon though. At first I though it was an anime and not a game given how good the animation was.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

New avatar is the newly discovered smallest lizard on earth, in case anyone's wondering. Trocticophiles may now relax.

Great, now we need small lizard tag ...
I'm confused, Madagascar is probably one of the few paradises left on earth and yet there is a deforestation problem?

joined Jan 14, 2020

Madagascar is inhabited by humans. What makes you think it's a paradise?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar#Environmental_issues

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deforestation_in_Madagascar

last edited at Feb 7, 2021 10:25PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Deforestation by life in Madagascar by human intervention first made an impact on its highland forests as early as AD 600 in the establishment of swidden fields by Indonesian settlers.[11] The creation of swidden fields is a subsistence method of agriculture that has been practised by humans across the globe for over 12000 years by means of a slash and burn technique that clears an area in preparation for crop growth.[12] An increase in the rate of forest removal was seen around AD 1000 with the introduction of cattle from Africa, compelling Malagasy islanders to expand their grassland grazing areas. Historical records point to the importance that this impact has caused with the disappearance of most of Madagascar's highland forest by 1600 AD"

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I've only had smol lizard for a day and a half, but if anything happened to him, I would kill everyone in this world and then myself.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/83554176
Princess principal Ange x Princess

Monitor%20lizard
joined Nov 21, 2020

I've only had smol lizard for a day and a half, but if anything happened to him, I would kill everyone in this world and then myself.

I'd hate to sacrifice one of my brethren to the cause, but nevertheless I've added this to my list of ideas for eliminating the human race. Thanks!

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Why do I hear Final Boss music?

joined May 8, 2017

Um, I'm going to take a skill assessment test for a job interview an hour for now. I'm kinda nervous.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Good luck!!

Saved for posterity. If you made it to 666 posts, surely you can ace this one too.

joined May 8, 2017

^Thanks for the support and the screenshot!
Since I reached 666 posts today, maybe Satan will reward me with the job?

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

Just wanted to lament how I barely have any motivation to read JP yuri nowadays. I started reading CN webnovels a few months back and the sheer quality of them compared to every JP plot I've seen makes all of the JP yuri I've read fall flat in comparison. On one hand, novels tend to be deeper in the first place unless the mangaka makes 100% use of the art medium to tell their story like in Bloom Into You. On the other hand, it feels like yuri manga still has a sizeable amount of S class yuri or yuri that panders to men while CN yuri, at least the stuff I read from jjwxc, pander to queer women.

I tried reading JP webnovels too, but they also fall flat compared to the CN novels I've read. I Favor the Villainess is one I read that I sorta liked but not really cause I felt the politics talked about in the novel ended up being very immature and the romance felt forced in the end. I don't have a CN novel that I can directly compare to it, mostly cause all of the "villainess" novels tend to be quick transmigration novels and can't really be compared to regular isekai novels...

What I can compare though, is how well-written the CN novels are. I read most CN novels using Google translate cause there aren't many translators for yuri novels and I can still see how good they are. A few examples being Female General, Eldest Princess (fully translated), My Feelings Can Wait (first 9 chapters translated), and Three Hundred and Sixty Five Kinds of Difficult Living Methods (no translations).

Female General, Eldest Princess is a story about a woman crossdressing as her twin brother to enter the military to avenge her village that was slaughtered by the Huns set in ancient China. She eventually becomes a general while the other main character is the eldest princess of the current dynasty whose mother just died, sending her and her brother's positions into peril. Her goal is to successfully survive and seal her brother as the crown prince. The romance between her and the other MC is very very slow burn and the biggest focus of the story is on the political plot of the imperial court and the revenge plot in the military that end up mixed cause the eldest princess is a very ruthless and smart woman. This story is almost 200 chapters long so I tried very hard to condense it into a paragraph, but by God did the author do a phenomenal job of making this story extremely good in all aspects.

My Feelings Can Wait is entirely different. It's a rebirth story set in the entertainment circle or think Hollywood where both the main characters are actresses. It's an extremely angsty story of a broken relationship, loss of life, and second chances. The two MCs gradually reenter into each others lives, figure out what made them not work before, and actually resolved their mistakes before finally getting back together. I cried multiple times reading this and sympathized with both the MCs through all their hardships from the past life to where they are now. I have yet to read a single yuri manga that tugged at my heartstrings the way this one did.

The last one is Three Hundred and Sixty Five Kinds of Difficult Living Methods and honestly? This novel was everything I never knew I wanted. It's a suspenseful murder mystery, but with YURI. The murder mystery itself was also very well-written and engaging. The whole dynamic is detective x criminal except things aren't as they seem and the relationships and strings tying things together are a big surprise when you finally get to the reveal. The romance is also a lot more prevalent than I expected from a plot like this, but tbh it really added to the overall drama since it involved criminal psychology and the like. Another thing I want to point out is how well the author treated mental illness in this work. Mentally ill characters were treated respectfully and weren't villainized for their illnesses.

Anyways, just those 3 stories out of the dozens I've read already have way more interesting and engaging stories than any yuri manga I've ever read. It's made every yuri one shot or manga I've read since then (with certain exceptions) feel bland and tasteless.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

^ thanks for the recommendations!
....but all I do is watch Vtubers now, I don't know when I'll get to them...

Felt like playing FEH again, got around 10 5*s in one day...wtf? I've been clowing so hard on this game for years and now is giving me gold. Only 3 on rate, rate up is still a lie, I just want Sothis!

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/87647010
Original Maids

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Forgive my ignorance because I don't know if these are Chinese or Korean, but one thing I avoid from them compared to Japanese is because they use this plot a lot in their lesbians work (in manga or comic, I don't really read novels), the plot of SUPER beauty or super world famous model and all the stuff and fanciness that comes with it, like jealousy from other models and scandals ... One trend I got too tired to read was "This super model who is super extremely beautiful falls for this newbie new model or manager and things are starting to look good until the Ex of the super model comes around for a joint work, and she so happens to be the bitchies bitch from bitch planet!" and stories like that always pop up in Mangadex, to put it simply, is way easier for me to immerse in a fantasy world with magic or humanoid creatures from other dimensions than the "world" of super rich people.

I wish there were more variety in Japan too, but just like the Shonen jump formula, yuri always has the same issues/formula... I think "Can't defy the lonely girl" is a prime example of super basic yuri from Japan, the latest chapter shows that the author isn't trying to break any molds.

Speaking of beautiful people, this song broke my sarcasm detector https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axPe_p0OLcY

Rsz_0642646002c7e23a9b0c50ea92cc124d_2
joined Jul 26, 2020

^ Oh yeah, that's definitely a thing but you can avoid those by just reading through the summaries of stuff before actually reading them. I've definitely read my fair share of those types of stories but the ones I listed aren't of that type. While all of the MCs are definitely beautiful cause that's just a staple no matter what, the ones I listed don't have that problem.

Those super rich stories tend to be based on the "overbearing president falls in love with me" trope that is very popular in China. All you need to do is avoid that tbh, though the stuff I read in regards to those tend to be quick transmigration novels and those are literally "the MC travels into novel worlds and replaces a character in it" so that feeling of it being too good to be true doesn't hit as hard since the worlds the MC goes into are supposed to be fictional anyways.

Since I already recommended some stuff, here's some more.

There is a Wall Behind the Shadow (9 chapters translated): an extremely long survival in the wilderness novel where the MC is actually transmigrated from zombie apocalypse times and retained her power abilities from that time. The romance is very slowburn but it continuously dangles sweetness in front of you before they finally get together very late into the story. The main appeal of this is the wilderness survival plot with a mix of live streaming all of it happening with another mix of avoiding being killed by assassins paid to be on the program. This story was very immersive in how it described the surroundings and actions the characters took, and I genuinely liked all the characters I was supposed to like.

Love from the Male Protagonist's Harem (no translations): a novel that really fooled me with its summary. I thought it would be a romantic comedy but instead I got repeatedly gut punched with angst. The MC transmigrated into a xianxia (immortal cultivation) world with a system that gave her the powers of a puppet master. Problem is, puppetry is illegal and things aren't as they seem. The MC befriends the male protagonist of the world while they both were beggars and then went to the same sect together. Along the way the MC meets a lot of different girls who the MC believes to be the harem of the male protagonist, and gets entangled with them in one way or another.

The thing is though, things aren't as they seem and the past she has with them is much deeper than she remembers or knows. The real emotional entanglement she has with them was genuinely heartbreaking... and I was conflicted on who I wanted her to end up with. I couldn't believe how well the author made me like each love interest and I couldn't decide who I was rooting for at all. While there was a sizeable amount of romance, a lot of the plot was still focused on unraveling the mystery of the MC's past along with some drama involving her puppetry and the evil sect that one of her love interests is the leader of.

Ex-Girlfriend Find Out (not sure on the title translation tbh, also not translated): a quick transmigration novel focused entirely on how strong the MC is. She's originally from the villain department of the transmigration agency(?) where she went into novels and replaced the villain and completed their roles. She got transferred to the ex-girlfriend department where her job is to avenge the person she takes the place of who got broken up with in despicable ways. The difference with her is that she is the type of person to directly go to violence and torture since she was originally a general in an interstellar world before becoming a transmigrator. She went completely against the regular ways of how people handle the ex-girlfriend tasks and that's the biggest appeal of this story. There's 5 worlds in total, only 4 of which are focused on revenge while the last one is a bugged world where she was helping fix said bug. The love interest meets her by coincidence in the 1st world and follows her into the subsequent worlds. The romance takes a while cause the love interest doesn't have her memories when she becomes an NPC of the worlds the MC goes to, but it works out eventually and honestly was pretty damn sweet.

The plot of each world is basically like this:
1st world: Battle Royale with supernatural elements and rules in place before the students can kill each other to find a way out of there.
2nd world: ancient Chinese setting where the MC is an abolished queen and the emperor is the scumbag who needs to be dragged down from his throne.
3rd world: cabin in the woods type of horror where the group of people need to figure out the mystery of each floor while killing each other until only 1 person remains who can exit the cabin.
4th world: entertainment circle where the scumbag is an actress and the MC is her agent. Lots of careful planning here and nowhere near as violent as any of the other worlds. Also where the romance peaked.
5th world: bugged world where the MC and love interest needed to complete tests to survive until the end. Most tests involving life or death situations of course.

last edited at Feb 9, 2021 3:40PM

2SpiritCherokeePrincess
Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Got the legendary 45 minute ad LOL
I HAD to screenshot this. I'll never forget this moment. Notice another ad at the bottom too.
https://imgur.com/a/X2WPJv9
Pic is a mess! English-Japanese-Spanish hahaha

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/87698565
Hololive Lamy x Botan

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

What kind of unique perks does the legendary ad come with?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I just recently played Analogue : A Hate Story by Christine Love and I really liked it and looks like author really likes gay girls and made games with yuri . Anyone know the author or their other works should I check it out?

To reply you must either login or sign up.