Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

I think it's about time that Katy Perry's original version of E.T. be altered and re-recorded with yuri in mind. Keep Kanye the hell away from it, too.

joined Apr 6, 2013

I hate that Shizuka never answer Mio interrogation, merely deflecting it under the umbrella that it won't happen

Same
At this point though Mio has seen multiple times how fixated Shizuka is on Kaoru, so if she really plans to continue the relationship she has no one to blame but herself if things go bad.

I mean how stable can a relationship possibly be if just a passing comment by Kaoru has the ability to undo all their progress, heck just the possibility of it is causing so much stress.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I hate that Shizuka never answer Mio interrogation, merely deflecting it under the umbrella that it won't happen

Same
At this point though Mio has seen multiple times how fixated Shizuka is on Kaoru, so if she really plans to continue the relationship she has no one to blame but herself if things go bad.

I mean how stable can a relationship possibly be if just a passing comment by Kaoru has the ability to undo all their progress, heck just the possibility of it is causing so much stress.

I mean it's not like she could give a satisfactory answer without falling right back into her old bad habit of lying through her teeth, there. (You know, that part of herself she's seriously trying to leave behind.) She knows only too well she hasn't yet quite gotten over that unhealthy relationship she had with pre-Mask Kaoru.

However what she tells Mio there is the truth and nothing but the truth as far as she knows it; these days Kaoru is adamant about dropping that weird cat-and-mouse thing they had going like the bad habit it was and keeps solemnly telling her to move on and be happy with Mio instead.

Homura-devil
joined May 7, 2018

At some point, Mio seemed like a salvation for Shizuka (and she still probably may be that in the future), but right now this does feel unhealthy for the 2 of them. Shizuka is still hung up on Kaoru and Mio is becoming exceedingly possessive of Shizuka. And to think that Mio started off as the run-of-the-mill kouhai who liked their senpai. She's tracking to reaching non-violent yandere levels of possessiveness if Shizuka doesn't get over Kaoru soon.

That said, this is actually one of the more interesting dynamics in this manga, a few levels deeper than most of the other couples, so colour me intrigued.

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

Fucking hell

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

God i fucking hate this pairing...

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

Been waiting for MioXShizuka to reappear. For me, they provide the drama and intensity angles of a relationship in this series. I'll never get over that chapter where Mio was so done with Shizuka's shit that Shizuka finally had the epiphany to not let Mio go and actually chased after Mio. Imagine that, a goddess of senpai like Shizuka realizing she wouldn't last a day without this stormily romantic plebeian kouhai. I so enjoyed that scared and panicked look on Shizuka's face when Mio told her she saw her and Kaoru kissing in the library. Like, TAKE THAT SHIZUKA.

I think Shizuka's genuine in wanting to prove to Mio that she's super for real i.e cutting her long, raven-black hair short cuz it's like the reminder of Kaoru's once obsession with her and her (Shizuka's) ties to the memories of their (KoaruXShizuka) romance. She wants to move on with Mio in her life.

Hence, her acquiescence to be abducted by Mio (hopefully, it's a metaphor. But this is Virgin's Empire so I'm kinda expecting a slightly freaky-sexy kidnapping or stuff).

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Can't stand it. Know you planned it. I'm gonna set straight this Watergate.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Hence, her acquiescence to be abducted by Mio (hopefully, it's a metaphor. But this is Virgin's Empire so I'm kinda expecting a slightly freaky-sexy kidnapping or stuff).

Not the first time that's come up, as they mention, and IIRC Shiz had a... positive reaction the first time around too. P sure that's because she has a fairly obvious subby streak plus a somewhat pathological need to feel desired, so Mio getting all possessive and domineering is majorly checking off her fetish list.

Reckon the whole "steal me away" aspect tickles her romantic teenager streak, too.

Unnamed
joined Sep 11, 2019

I have to admit it guys...Mio and Shizuka are my least favorite pairing in the series ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴

last edited at Feb 1, 2021 12:22PM

joined Feb 1, 2021

That was... intense. Here we were thinking Mari and Yuu were the kinky couple.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Characters don't always have to be likeable, but they should be interesting.

The fact that many of the decisions these two make frustrate me to no end, yet I'm still unsure of and heavily invested in what'll come next for them is a testament to Torajiro's writing.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Everyone deserves a second, third, fourth, fifth chances, right?

You made me laugh out loud with this comment. Well done! (⌒▽⌒)

Indeed, when you put it that way, it really looks like Mio is letting Shizuka walk all over her... like she should dump a lover that keeps screwing up no matter how many new chances she's willing to give her...

It comes to show that you cannot summarize a complicated relationship on a few lines and actually cover the whole gamut of subtleties underlying it.

Eagerly waiting to see how their sexy abduction purei turns out. (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

joined Jul 23, 2019

Eagerly waiting to see how their sexy abduction purei turns out. (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

I foresee a cabin in the woods, Shizuka chained to a wall or tied to a bed, and Mio having her way with her helpless prisoner in a most non-politically-correct manner. XD

These two ain't that interesting, but their drama sure is.

Elixhono
joined Apr 28, 2020

Took me a moment to remember the characters. Also yeah the drama is a bit much, but a nice balance with the rest of the chapter. Also god damn she look good with short hair, the author really know how to make the character beauty stand out.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

While a bit creepy (read insecure) Mio is turning out to be quite the alpha.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Fucking hell

perfect reaction tbh.

Integra%2010
joined Dec 4, 2019

Fucking hell

perfect reaction tbh.

Yeah, honestly...

Inkede_li-convertimage%20(1)
joined May 10, 2018

Unlike y'all, I love their relationship. They are my fave couple of all yuri manga. Their dynamic is just so realistic, I really wanna see where this goes.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Yeah, I have seen this exact dynamic play out in real life a number of times (and it's possible I've been Mio myself). It feels very realistic. That dynamic is painful and rarely works out well, but sometimes you just gotta let it play out because you want it to go well so badly.

last edited at Feb 10, 2021 4:15AM

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

I would like to remind to everyone that Mio have always had these tendencies as visible in ch9
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/virgins_empire_ch09#12
Trololol

By the way I love this pair so much

joined May 11, 2018

A pathetic pairing.

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

"And if you look to your left you'll see were having a blue light special on red flags in aisle 10."

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

A pathetic pairing.

Thanks for the input. See you next time you think something is garbage.

To reply you must either login or sign up.