Forum › Rocks and Murderous Intents discussion

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

The puns, oh god, the puns.

I know, it's got me all sedimental for my middle school geology classes.

joined Aug 16, 2015

I thought it was already set in stone that we were done with this schist... It's not gneiss to keep going when everyone else stopped.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Jadeite? Nephrite? Does anyone else see a possible reference to a certain magical girl anime/manga from some years back? But where Are Zoisite and Kunzite? Hmm, I seem to have overreached this one and fallen into the rocky abyss.

Ah... I'll show myself out now.

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

I thought it was already set in stone that we were done with this schist... It's not gneiss to keep going when everyone else stopped.

I'm sorry but when I read them all I couldn't help but marble in wonder over how many there were.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

A bit understated in terms of the yuri, but I really enjoyed the art style. I'd love to see more from this artist. Thanks Yuri Project.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

MZH posted:

I think the title is a multiple-reading joke. As written on the first page, it reads 石 コロ殺意.
石: ishi --> stone/rock
コロ : ko ro --> around/near/toward
殺意 : satsui --> murderous intent/impulse

"Murderous impulses near rocks!" A tale of one girl's passionate, violent pursuit of another girl through stone pits that ends with both in a cement mixer that ends messily for all.

Yuri fury lures quarry into gory quarry slurry!

. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING! .

... cough ahem ... Sorry, I don't know what came over me.

Back to the title. Group the "ko" with "ishi" to get "ishiko" or "stone girl." Or, "ishikoro" could be short for "ishi kokoro," which is "stone heart." So, the title might be something like "The Urge to Kill Her Stone Heart."

Thank you! as always, coming with a perfect translation for the tricky japanese is a challenge,

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I really liked it. It was nice to see that Akira was ready to be humiliated and ostracized by rest of the class, just so she can break the stone. I agree it could be little too much for Hisui, putting her between rock and a hard place like that.

(This thread ruined my brain).

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

MZH posted:

I think the title is a multiple-reading joke. As written on the first page, it reads 石 コロ殺意.

"Murderous impulses near rocks!" A tale of one girl's passionate, violent pursuit of another girl through stone pits that ends with both in a cement mixer that ends messily for all.

Yuri fury lures quarry into gory quarry slurry!

. I APOLOGIZE FOR NOTHING! .

... cough ahem ... Sorry, I don't know what came over me.

Back to the title. Group the "ko" with "ishi" to get "ishiko" or "stone girl." Or, "ishikoro" could be short for "ishi kokoro," which is "stone heart." So, the title might be something like "The Urge to Kill Her Stone Heart."

Thank you! as always, coming with a perfect translation for the tricky japanese is a challenge,

Please don't put any trust in my translation. I don't read Japanese at all (or speak it, or understand it aside from a handful of phrases). Google translate, Wikipedia, various online symbol dictionaries, and the Japanese love for puns did most of the work.

joined Mar 11, 2016

That was delectable. Thanks for the meal. =3

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

Labhubhul posted:

Even another page or two would have been more concrete

You mean another page would've been more ROCK solid? (0u0)

You've really got stones to make a joke like that.

You guys hit rock bottom with those puns.

I feel the next page or so is going to be pretty rocky in terms of quality.

keep them going, rock it baby !! ....

you guys better stop....or I'm going to stone you all to death

These rock puns are a stone's throw away from getting out of hand

No need to rock the boat, now.

The sediment of this thread makes me want to see mohs of it.

these puns are a real diamond in the rough.

These jokes are getting boulder by the minute

At least no one stays stone-faced after reading this.

Aaaand we fall off the rocky road of sobriety into the canyon of temptation.

Dare I say it?

These Jokes Rock!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MZH posted:

"Murderous impulses near rocks!"

Actually "koro" is mainly used to mark exact point/event in time (like "it is 2 am.", "it is time to eat" or "during summer"). You seem to mixed it up with "koko". It would mean something more like "Urge to kill during stone time". Yea, it still doesn't make much sense.

last edited at Mar 28, 2016 9:05AM

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

They should watch Steven Universe.

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

I find interest in rock balancing.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

I don't understand why liking rocks would be weird. Are jewels not just rocks?

joined Jun 12, 2012

Their relationship was quite rocky at first but fortunately, it cemented quite well in the end.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

The genki is dazzlingly bright.

The art style is great. I can't put my finger on what it reminds me of but I really dig it. It's kind of reminiscent of Kumichou's characters smiling but at the same time it's not.

Tenshi-Tension
joined Jul 19, 2017

I guess you could say this rocks.

Rsz_1465926231839
joined Jun 24, 2015

That was a very unsatisfying ending

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Jadeite? Nephrite? Does anyone else see a possible reference to a certain magical girl anime/manga from some years back?

I didn't know SU was an anime?! Go figure!

To reply you must either login or sign up.