Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Feels nice to finally finish the anime, I can know hop onto the manga! Anyone know around where the anime left off?

Screen%20shot%202019-06-20%20at%206.20.42%20am
joined May 6, 2017

Wow, this chapter made me cry like a little bitch.

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Is there any news about the anime getting a second season?

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Feels nice to finally finish the anime, I can know hop onto the manga! Anyone know around where the anime left off?

Volume 4, like halfway

Adachi carrying Shimamura gave me tons of serotonin.

981c42da2a6ca1ced16e6500fb8d64cc
joined Dec 29, 2020

Guys, am I actually weird for never feeling bored when reading AdaShima? I just read some comments on MAL and reddit, where people complained about how it was dragging and didn't have any actual progression. But it didn't feel like that to me? Is it strange?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Mmm I love the time-skip chapters so much.

Gotta feel bad for Chito's planet tho.

last edited at Jan 3, 2021 8:34AM

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Gotta feel bad for Chito's planet tho.

She'll find herself a Yuuri and they'll go on their last tour.

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/adachi_and_shimamura_novel_ch07_1
Yachii sure likes to visit dead worlds, huh?

Guys, am I actually weird for never feeling bored when reading AdaShima? I just read some comments on MAL and reddit, where people complained about how it was dragging and didn't have any actual progression. But it didn't feel like that to me? Is it strange?

I saw people on twitter who only watched the anime call it "yuri bait" and the same thing go for Urasekai Picnic, so I wouldn't mind them, slow burns just ain't for them. Like someone said there's a difference between a slow burn and just no progression.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I saw people on twitter

That's the problem, you checked Twitter.

I saw people on twitter

That's the problem, you checked Twitter.

True. Point being though Twitter and Reddit are the same mess, so we shouldn't mind them.

joined Jan 3, 2021

So seeing the extra chapter after expecting to have to wait a while for another chapter with volume nine being finished was really nice. After reading it though there were some things I really can't keep to myself.

So seeing these flash forwards bits is usually a treat getting to see them a ways into the future but having a good long one like this was especially nice. Lots of little things in it that were very nice but I have to say one thing that struck me as incredibly adorable was Shimamura getting Adachi to pick her up after getting back from work.
It was great because one Shimamura is getting spoiled a little bit here since clearly it's something she enjoys getting done but also it's a really cute way for her to check if Adachi is overworking herself or not since if she was she wouldn't be able to manage picking her up like that.

Also the fact that the whole thing is a story being told by Yashiro after an extremely long time after she'd last seen Shimamura is something I enjoyed. I know there is a lot of mixed feelings on Yashiro and I can agree there are times she feels pointless but points like this are where she really shines I think. Like there's this likely higher dimensional alien who seems nigh on immortal but here is a simple human named Shimamura who has managed to make such an impression on her that she remains a large part of her memories even so many years later. Also that last line about having made a promise with Shimamura being her reason for travelling to that planet really got me curious about what promise was made that Yashiro has been keeping for thousands of years. Like I know it's probably a promise that was very innocuous at the time of making but Yashiro keeping that promise for so long lends a lot of weight to that promise.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Seeing everyone refer to reddit as a monolyth is mildly disgruntling.

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Seeing everyone refer to reddit as a monolyth is mildly disgruntling.

I've noticed that users of one social media platform or forum always tend to generalize the millions of people who might be using another platform. It's particularly funny when it comes from a place like Dynasty, which is much likelier to have a smaller and more polarized pool of opinions owing to the general nature of its content and the relatively tiny userbase. While subreddits and Twitter's content filtration provide a good degree of diversity within the platforms as a whole, discussions on Dynasty either tend to devolve into users dunking on a series without looking at the tags, or flip the other way and punish critical thinking of any sort. Without the mods and the tags, this forum would either be a slaughterhouse or just eerily empty of comments beyond 'nice tiddies'. Though for all the tussles, I still have to say that the mods don't fall into the issues of laissez-faire or thought policing that I've seen on other forums. It's gotta be a pretty tough job without automatic, algorithmic aid, so kudos to 'em for that.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Also, can't someone just give Adachi and Shimamura a yuri manga? You know, just for some kind of inspiration. Nothing hardcore, but just so they can better understand what does 'dating' actually mean.

Hahaha well the whole thing is that theirs is not exactly a normal relationship, of you're talking about them getting physical, I think the author is really saving that as an important step forward to them, it's not like it's never there as well, the while thing started with Adachi dreaming about kissing Shima after all.

And well volume 8 and the bath scene clearly showed that they both have an interest in the female body, and that's good, I really dislike it when they make the characters act like physical attraction doesn't exist and they just want a kiss, or don't even think about that, both Adachi and Shima have clearly been shown interested in each other.

The thing is Adachi has been just asking for wholesome things like getting a kiss on the forehead, hugs and such, but I do wish volume 10 has them move on those feelings more, I really want that kiss and whatever will come after.

Glad you enjoyed the Otherside Picnic manga, the novel will definitely please you, the art on the novel is also like top tier.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I get that they must think the main audience for the Blu Ray release of the anime will be established fans who already read the novels, but I find it a weird move to put a story set in the future as an extra, imagine someone who only watched the anime suddenly skipping that far ahead.

But as someone who has read the novels, it's just delightful, I was hoping we'd get more chapters set in the future and this was a very nice one. It does feel like it should just have been a regular chapter like that other future one from volume 8 since it covers an important part of Adachi and Shimamura's relationship, in fact you could pretty much add it to volume 9 and it wouldn't feel out of place.

The one thing that somewhat bothers me is that it feels like the author is holding back from showing them being more intimate, though I understand he probably doesn't want to "spoil" things like their first kiss or more by just having them be a regular occurrence in the future chapters and thus make them feel less special when they will eventually happen in the present timeline.

Hahaha well as you said they know that it'll be the hardcore fans that'll go for the blue ray, I'm actually super glad they went the route of an actually meaningful story instead of some useless fluff, caring about your core audience what a rarity.

Welp that's what it feels like indeed, all the more reason that I really want volume 10 to finally include that first kiss, but yes he's saving a lot of scenes that make the future chapters a bit grating like knowing what the mom thinks about Adachi and the whole gay relationship, it was quite unnatural she didn't mention it at all taking into account Shima was going with her overseas, their intimacy, what they ended up doing and by that I mean like if they went to college together, which I doubt, I guess they just found jobs immediately? And looked for a place to live together in the city somehow, damn there's so much I wanna see.

I'm real fucking excited for those scenes though, and indeed if it had just been shown on the future chapters without any build up it'd have lost a lot of the magic, I like how well paced things have been till now so I'm really hoping that first kiss will be as good.

last edited at Jan 4, 2021 9:18AM

joined Dec 29, 2020

Also, can't someone just give Adachi and Shimamura a yuri manga? You know, just for some kind of inspiration. Nothing hardcore, but just so they can better understand what does 'dating' actually mean.

Hahaha well the whole thing is that theirs is not exactly a normal relationship, of you're talking about them getting physical, I think the author is really saving that as an important step forward to them, it's not like it's never there as well, the while thing started with Adachi dreaming about kissing Shima after all.

And well volume 8 and the bath scene clearly showed that they both have an interest in the female body, and that's good, I really dislike it when they make the characters act like physical attraction doesn't exist and they just want a kiss, or don't even think about that, both Adachi and Shima have clearly been shown interested in each other.

The thing is Adachi has been just asking for wholesome things like getting a kiss on the forehead, hugs and such, but I do wish volume 10 has them move on those feelings more, I really want that kiss and whatever will come after.

Glad you enjoyed the Otherside Picnic manga, the novel will definitely please you, the art on the novel is also like top tier.

I know the author is saving that. I just meant it would be kinda funny, especially Adachi. And for them to have more thoughts like Lovers are supposed to kiss. Will we also do that? Maybe it would make them think about those sorts of thing more. I know Adachi did, but in recent chapters not that much (but maybe because we had more Shimamura POV). And yes, I know they show physical attraction, even if it's subtle. I don't want to rush anything, I trust the author knows what he is doing. It's just random thoughts of mine.

And I have to agree that Otherside Picnic LN has spectacular art.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

I know the author is saving that. I just meant it would be kinda funny, especially Adachi. And for them to have more thoughts like Lovers are supposed to kiss. Will we also do that? Maybe it would make them think about those sorts of thing more. I know Adachi did, but in recent chapters not that much (but maybe because we had more Shimamura POV). And yes, I know they show physical attraction, even if it's subtle. I don't want to rush anything, I trust the author knows what he is doing. It's just random thoughts of mine.

I get you, the "Want" is what's missing hahaha you're right, the desire for it I guess especially coming from Shima, indeed i do want her to look at another couple kissing, or a show or whatever and also start wanting to partake in the activities herself, especially coming from Shima, but it's probably gonna be Adachi that initiates it as always.

Truly it's gone away recently and it does bother me a bit, especially when Adachi has had it on her mind constantly before and when they finally turned into a couple the thought kinda hasn't come back.

I do wonder how far it'll go, just a kiss? Most probably.

Right ? The covers are beautiful but some of the black and white illustrations is just like, holy fuck how many hours went into this, lol I can't help but wonder.

joined Dec 29, 2020

I get you, the "Want" is what's missing hahaha you're right, the desire for it I guess especially coming from Shima, indeed i do want her to look at another couple kissing, or a show or whatever and also start wanting to partake in the activities herself, especially coming from Shima, but it's probably gonna be Adachi that initiates it as always.

Truly it's gone away recently and it does bother me a bit, especially when Adachi has had it on her mind constantly before and when they finally turned into a couple the thought kinda hasn't come back.

I do wonder how far it'll go, just a kiss? Most probably.

Right ? The covers are beautiful but some of the black and white illustrations is just like, holy fuck how many hours went into this, lol I can't help but wonder.

Yes, the want. But I wouldn't like it if Shima suddenly went into I want to kiss Adachi mood. Just to think about it in her usual Shimamura way. And after some thinking just go for it and find out that she actually likes it, or something. But I just imagined Adachi and Shimamura on a date, holding hands like it's the peak of relationship, and suddenly they see a couple intensively kissing. And that awkwardness. Especially with Adachi turning red as tomato and then thinking about kissing Shimamura, while glancing at her. And Shimamura picks up on that and asks her If she wants to kiss her, like nothing. Or maybe a faint blush. And pheraps that's how the first kiss could happen? It's quite fun imagining how could it go.

It also bothered me, but maybe the forehead kiss is truly the most this Adachi could handle? Maybe her brain is unconsciously ignoring those thought and feelings for her sanity.

I hope they do a kiss at least. As for more? Don't really think it's needed here. Maybe in a subtle way? Honestly, it's quite hard for me to imagine them going further than kiss.

Definitely one of the best I ever saw, especially in LNs. Like I would get the LN just for those beautiful illustration.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Yes, the want. But I wouldn't like it if Shima suddenly went into I want to kiss Adachi mood. Just to think about it in her usual Shimamura way. And after some thinking just go for it and find out that she actually likes it, or something. But I just imagined Adachi and Shimamura on a date, holding hands like it's the peak of relationship, and suddenly they see a couple intensively kissing. And that awkwardness. Especially with Adachi turning red as tomato and then thinking about kissing Shimamura, while glancing at her. And Shimamura picks up on that and asks her If she wants to kiss her, like nothing. Or maybe a faint blush. And pheraps that's how the first kiss could happen? It's quite fun imagining how could it go.

It also bothered me, but maybe the forehead kiss is truly the most this Adachi could handle? Maybe her brain is unconsciously ignoring those thought and feelings for her sanity.

I hope they do a kiss at least. As for more? Don't really think it's needed here. Maybe in a subtle way? Honestly, it's quite hard for me to imagine them going further than kiss.

Definitely one of the best I ever saw, especially in LNs. Like I would get the LN just for those beautiful illustration.

It is fun thinking scenarios up lol, still that's exactly why I'd like for it to be Shima to be the one to initiate the kiss, it's been building up so much to it thatd it'd be especially nice if Shima was the one that couldn't stop thinking about it.

I mean she clearly also thinks about that sort of stuff, when she talked with Pancho and was asked if shed like to feel up her breasts, she realized that, yes she did lol, it's also interesting that it was at that moment thx to Pancho she realized she was constantly thinking about how pretty girls were and yeah she was into girls.

She did actively throw those thoughts to the back of her mind though, that's whyd I like it if she was the one that couldn't stop thinking about it next, like her thinking Adachi wanted it so she starts getting more and more excited about when she'll try to do it and just ends up going for it herself.

That'd be nice.

Haha well I guess Adachi is being cautious about it, while she's always going all out she knows she needs to take it slow deep down, maybe she knew at that moment Shima wouldn't likely give her more, but things are changing, Shima is definitely getting more and more invested in the relationship and what it entails haha.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

You know what I truly loved about the anime special thing was that it showed us a more complete side to Shimamuras love, like from volume 8 and her talk with Pancho and her realization that she does like Adachi, even if she still has those "how far will I go with Adachi" thoughts now she's pretty clear about loving her, especially from her talk with her on volume 9 at their date but there's still some Shima hesitation there haha, from her annoying personality of overthinking everything and there's also that sense of her still being closed off about her emotions.

On the special though you can really get a sense of how far Shima has come completely accepting Adachi's love, Shima loving the little moments of affection Adachi gives her, thinking how nice it is that they're living together, thinking about how she's a wife and not wanting to be asleep to receive her "man" lol.

And well the most blatant one was when she straight up said how she now has opened up to Adachi emotionally and could be fully honest with her where before she'd have lied or joked about it, when talking about getting a dog.

It just makes me damn excited to see them get to that point god damn, speaking of which I think it's coming soon but Gons death is gonna be one hell of a chapter eh.

Also at the end when Shima says she's gonna make one of Adachi's favorite foods but then just leave us hanging lol, kinda felt like a wink from the author, like yeah Adachi the person who said her favorite meal was water has gotten a real favorite food now, look forward to it, and I gotta say bro .... I'm excited to find out what it is.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

You guys think Shimamura will ever be the one being jealous? Her being her I really kinda doubted that'd happen, but then at the end of volume 9 we have that bit with her realizing she feels uncomfortable that Adachi is not giving her her full attention soooo idk it kinda made it seem like it could happen.

Is that what that girl working at Adachi's place has been building up to ? Shima going to visit her, sees another cute girl in a China dress and gets kinda jelly/worried?

Or that other girl that apparently had some admiration for Adachi ? The glasses girl that I'm pretty sure appeared in Volume 5 chapter 4 for a second.

That'd be pretty damn interesting lol, I wanna see Shima like that, it's not fair only Adachi is freaking out about Taru-chan.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

With Adachi being Adachi, it's hard to see Shima ever having reason to be jealous. She knows too well how Adachi is almost entirely focused on her and her alone.

To reply you must either login or sign up.