Forum › Sanae-san Is on the Run! discussion

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

AzMaya always has the best ideas. Sanae running around Gensokyo as a cute drifter is a premise with ridiculous amounts of potential, and the dressing-up theme captures Touhou's true appeal- fashion.

It's kinda hilarious to see how irresponsible Kanako and Suwako are here, especially in comparison to the latest Lotus-Eaters chapter. It seems like they've imbibed the Hakurei spirit of getting plastered and making bad jokes, which is always a good way to go about life, if not religious solicitation.

I also appreciate how Azuma characterized Momiji as the punctilious, composed officer she's supposed to be instead of the standard awoo butt-monkey portrayal she's saddled with. Has any character been so butchered on the basis on so few appearances? The mentions of shogi were a nice touch too.

Seems like we'll be heading to the SDM next chapter, because every Touhou work in existence seems legally obligated to feature Remilia's mug within the first three chapters. Azuma's always been great at balancing light-heartedness with canon fidelity, though, so her takes on the vampire's extended family ought to be entertaining.

Also, Sanae better get a Yakumo tabard at some point in the series. It'd also be hilarious if she somehow ended up on the moon and got a crash course in Lunarian fashion from a perennially-silent, mildly-disgruntled Sagume.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I like this one :) I've seen her run away from home for almost the same reason in another good doujin- though this one is playing out different.

p.s

Isn't the SDM on the shore of misty lake, not an island in the middle of it?

last edited at Dec 4, 2020 2:22PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

First panel best panel

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

AzMaya always has the best ideas. Sanae running around Gensokyo as a cute drifter is a premise with ridiculous amounts of potential, and the dressing-up theme captures Touhou's true appeal- fashion.

It's kinda hilarious to see how irresponsible Kanako and Suwako are here, especially in comparison to the latest Lotus-Eaters chapter. It seems like they've imbibed the Hakurei spirit of getting plastered and making bad jokes, which is always a good way to go about life, if not religious solicitation.

I also appreciate how Azuma characterized Momiji as the punctilious, composed officer she's supposed to be instead of the standard awoo butt-monkey portrayal she's saddled with. Has any character been so butchered on the basis on so few appearances? The mentions of shogi were a nice touch too.

Seems like we'll be heading to the SDM next chapter, because every Touhou work in existence seems legally obligated to feature Remilia's mug within the first three chapters. Azuma's always been great at balancing light-heartedness with canon fidelity, though, so her takes on the vampire's extended family ought to be entertaining.

Also, Sanae better get a Yakumo tabard at some point in the series. It'd also be hilarious if she somehow ended up on the moon and got a crash course in Lunarian fashion from a perennially-silent, mildly-disgruntled Sagume.

Yeah it would also be funny if she dressed as the ^The Freaky T=shirt Girl lool and yeah Azuma Aya is really great making Touhou doujins and content her art became really good too

20230113_090020
joined Nov 25, 2018

We need 2.1.5 where Sanae takes the clothes off the maid

Tragedian%202
joined Oct 1, 2020

Azuma is so good with hairdos. Sanae's little braids were very cute, and Sakuya's parting elevates her from 'chick magnet' to 'catnip for lesbians'. I also like how Sanae's rural roots were explored instead of just making her an Akihabara export like so many other doujins do. Azuma continues to lend beloved characters incredible freshness and make up for the drought in official content these past few months.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Lol Mama

joined Mar 27, 2018

"Kicking my Marisa's ass is my job"

Just that badass line said with such a derp face is what sells it.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Lol and I thought Reimu was honestly nice this time

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

New chapter here! Also I keep forgetting Koishi is Myouren's laywoman

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Sanae that is not a good place to collapse.

Other things to say, wow Aya drew Sanae in other clothes really good

FiveStripeFlag
joined Apr 27, 2020

miko looks very good in this chapter

Koishi_perf2_low
joined Jul 1, 2020

This manga just keeps on giving huh?

Also, loved Miko doing that kind of villain impression lol. In the end both her and Shou just wanted to see Sanae in different clothes, hehehe. Seeing Kanako cleaning things up and still worried about Sanae was also somewhat heartwarming.

Now let's see. Will Mokou take Sanae up to her house, to the village, or maybe some rabbits will just take her to Eientei? Anyway, that was a nice chapter.

47571239_1082868645220236_4572154478010040320_n
joined Oct 19, 2018

Yeah I think Mokou will take her to Eientei, since well she would be worried about Sanae condition first and Eientei is the one that comes to someone mind if there's a sick people

joined Mar 16, 2020

I knew that Mokou would show up eventually. She got lost in the Bamboo Forest after all. I wonder where Sanae will go next.

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Next stop Mokou's hut! Or maybe Eientei?

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

Next stop Mokou's hut! Or maybe Eientei?

I'm betting Sanae would ditch the rabbits in the next chapter since they made a fool of her, which is pretty much the primary reason why she'd leave any area in the previous chapters. Probably Mokou would take her in the process.

Or maybe it would still be Eientei since it has to fit the theme of each chapter (This one being the rabbits of gensokyo).

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

Where next I wonder... since she's in the human village already, maybe a barmaid at Geidontei?

joined May 13, 2021

I hope she'll go to Suzunaan, can't wait to see Kosuzu in this manga

Koishi_perf2_low
joined Jul 1, 2020

Oh my God, That one made me lose it xD !

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

Yeah... Just what I would expect of Sanae teaching

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Jesus fucking christ, I just felt my blood sugar spike to unhealthy levels after seeing Suwako

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

AaaAaAaAaAAA I love the look they gave to Suwako

Glsp3y3v_400x400
joined Nov 19, 2020

I hope she'll go to Suzunaan, can't wait to see Kosuzu in this manga

EYYYYYYYYY

Plasma%20pea
joined Jan 26, 2021

If the newspaper were to give clues, maybe she's heading to Mystia? But I would really love for her to go to Geidontei soon!

To reply you must either login or sign up.