Forum › Roundabout discussion

Sachifaceagain%20(2)
joined Jun 29, 2020

One of the best stories about a messed up relationship that I've read here.

I disagree with the people who see it as a happy ending; at best, it's an ambiguous ending (which is clearly what the author intended, imo). Chiharu is deliberately trying to gloss over the past, which says plenty about her character, even if she does care deeply for Asami now. What Asami did is also obviously fucked up, though understandable in a way, as it sorta lets her have her cake and eat it too. As much as they love each other, even if Chiharu is totally faithful from now on, she might never fully regain Asami's trust.

joined Feb 5, 2020

This is an excellent oneshot but I don't see a happy ending, there's a big chance that Asami will just get screwed over again lmao, especially after that last line in the narrative. But well, if Chiharu really did change then good for them(?)

joined Apr 13, 2021

One of my favorites from this author. I remember reading this years ago. Chiharu is definitely an interesting and mysterious character. She could really be a cheater or simply didn't remember Asami at all.

Eozyobwvgaa3f5r
joined Feb 10, 2019

reading this made me feel dirty :sob:

Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

There's mistake on page 18, or i think so... There's "You were the one who up and disappeared" Who up? :D

I remembered this comment. I didn't see anyone explain it well, so, for people who aren't native English speakers:

First of all, the "who" plays no part whatsoever in the idiom. The idiom is to "up and do something." It means to do something abruptly and surprisingly, with no warning.

Back in the day, in both the UK and the US, the entire idiom declined. Thus, in the famous Jerry Jeff Walker song "Mr Bojangles," the usage of the 1820s would have been "The dog upped and died," not the actual "The dog up and died." The Oxford English Dictionary notes that to "up" as a transitive verb already existed (there are still swan-uppers, for instance).

The woman in this story does what to "up and do something" implies. She left out of the blue, suddenly. It has a negative connotation more than half the time. Why did she up and leave? So this translation is an opportunity to learn this idiom. It probably did grow from leaving out "got" in the intransitive, whereas "up" in the transitive grew from leaving out "check.

Also: They both need couples counseling.

last edited at Sep 23, 2021 10:46AM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Wow, it's been over a decade since this was posted. I feel like a granny reminiscing about the old times.

Lovely story. Terrible relationship. It's so fun to read, though.

Wtf%20kitty%20dynasty%20pfp
joined Oct 24, 2023

What a great read.

To reply you must either login or sign up.