Forum › Hanyou no Yashahime! New sequel to Inuyasha announced!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/announcing-yashahime-princess-half-demon

Anyone else an Inuyasha fan?

It was my gateway anime drug starting back in 1999, it was the first anime I ever watched and it's what got me into even helping to fansub and distro back then, too! (Before the utterly horrid English dub arrived and aired, haha.)

Now here it is 20 years later and we're getting a sequel!

TBH I'm not entirely sure how I feel, my tastes have definitely changed since then, but it might be interesting to see how they handle things, to seemingly have a lot of "girl power", and to see what our old heroes look like as adults. :)

joined Jul 26, 2016

inb4 it runs for another 20 years, just like the original :U

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

inb4 it runs for another 20 years, just like the original :U

Haha, that's fair.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm pretty hyped tbh, always liked the diversity in the yokai they face and how gruesome the enemies tended to be, it was so much fun
Don't know how much of the original cast we'll see again, but I'm pretty interested in how all three leads are girls, because of how unexpected and uncommon it is for an adventure/action series

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm pretty interested in how all three leads are girls, because of how unexpected and uncommon it is for an adventure/action series

That's what I meant by "a lot of girl power", I'm all for that. :D

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

shadesofgreymoon posted:

I'm pretty interested in how all three leads are girls, because of how unexpected and uncommon it is for an adventure/action series

That's what I meant by "a lot of girl power", I'm all for that. :D

I'm certainly very excited for that too!! should be fun unless one guy shows up and the plot is the 3 girls fighting for him ahhahaha.

Nah but seriously, because there's no manga or novel to adapt this from, what I'm most afraid is actually having a Boruto 2.0, where you use nostalgia and attachment for the franchise to make an infinity amount of fillers without a goal or end in sight.

Maybe I'm being too negative? alright what I DO like is Moroha, she looks like the most fun and wild

I Only saw Inuyasha as far as the Latin American dub made it, and later they heavily censored the episodes so I lost interest so I'm not a huge fan nor I know how it ended.

I got reminded of https://myanimelist.net/anime/435/Magic_Knight_Rayearth

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I had my friend ask me, "so like, those twins are supposed to be Sesshoumaru's right? So who's the mother?", to which I replied, "... Rin?" but no, that wouldn't make sense cuz she was way younger than the rest of the crew and all these daughters are the same age, lol.... so I wonder who?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

shadesofgreymoon posted:

I had my friend ask me, "so like, those twins are supposed to be Sesshoumaru's right? So who's the mother?", to which I replied, "... Rin?" but no, that wouldn't make sense cuz she was way younger than the rest of the crew and all these daughters are the same age, lol.... so I wonder who?

Someone at ANN (who was responding to someone making rushed assumption about pedophilia and grooming ) responded this about that issue: No it does not mean that. Sesshoumaru is 900+ years old. The end of the original series [she left his side for over 10+ years at the least so she's definitely an adult by the time they get together, IF they do.] no problem

Also saying in a later post that the time Rin and Sesshoumaru were together at first was like 2 years and then they got separated for several years.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

shadesofgreymoon posted:

Someone at ANN (who was responding to someone making rushed assumption about pedophilia and grooming ) responded this about that issue: No it does not mean that. Sesshoumaru is 900+ years old. The end of the original series [she left his side for over 10+ years at the least so she's definitely an adult by the time they get together, IF they do.] no problem

Also saying in a later post that the time Rin and Sesshoumaru were together at first was like 2 years and then they got separated for several years.

I meant that whereas Kagome, Sango, and Miroku were all around 16ish on average (yes I know their actual ages but it's not relevant) when we were following the story, Rin was 8, and was 11 at the end and living in Kaede's village. So the others would presumably have kids a few years earlier just by virtue of their age.

But then again it was normal to start having a family at like 14 in "sengoku jidai", but not so normal in modern day Japan so it makes sense that Kagome and Inuyasha's kid would have come at a later age for those two.

last edited at May 9, 2020 8:29PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Idk about shounen but the designs and art style are spectacular. Personally hoping for Pixie Cut-kun to be as suave as she looks!

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Idk about shounen but the designs and art style are spectacular. Personally hoping for Pixie Cut-kun to be as suave as she looks!

It's pretty standard Takahashi style! I do believe that "pixie cut" is Towa :)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I lost interest in Inuyasha a while back. Never finished it. I'll stop there, I was about to rant about it. and shit on it
This looks somewhat interesting. Who knows?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The official website: http://hanyo-yashahime.com/

And a basic translation/synopsis of it by a somewhat pessimistic tubmblrite lol: https://fast-moon.tumblr.com/post/617680657785733120/more-hanyou-no-yashahime

Me and a friend I made back in the early 00s reconnected again over this. She used to run both a discussion forum AND do the scanlation releases as they came out back then. (I forget the name of the site where she hosted her scanlations at the moment, but the forum was named QuadNineDyne and she only took it down just a couple years ago. Some of you older fans may remember her and her fanart too, she went by "kuro" or "moonphased" back then.)

It's been super great nerding about it all again--even about how all Takahashi characters suffer from Sameface Syndrome--and I'm hella tempted to dig out all my Inuyasha schwag that I still have from back then, lol. I've got stuff like gold coins from the Tokyo movie releases and such, it's pretty nostalgic for me. :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Alright! I was afraid that they would say "nah, Towa is actually a guy, it was a misstranslation" but nope! Girl pawaaa! Hahaha so yeah the 3 girls and one mystery to solve and the time traveling should be fun.

I don't think they'll give us answers about the wheresbouts of their parents any time soon but I'm exicted for this!

I expext Moroha somehow going to that prestigious all girl school and cause chaos hahaha

last edited at May 11, 2020 12:15AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I really need to finish Inuyasha someday, even more reason to do so now. Used to watch the a4e rips back in the day, but then the group died and I never got around to finding the rest...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I really need to finish Inuyasha someday, even more reason to do so now. Used to watch the a4e rips back in the day, but then the group died and I never got around to finding the rest...

My fansub group was Animeforever hahaha, I did a lot of projects with them.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

My fansub group was Animeforever hahaha, I did a lot of projects with them.

Have done QC for a few groups myself, eventually the utter stupidity of the last series I worked on killed any motivation I had for the job, though...

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Have done QC for a few groups myself, eventually the utter stupidity of the last series I worked on killed any motivation I had for the job, though...

I worked with a few other groups back then too; I helped release Peacemaker Kurogane, Scrpped Princess, Chrno Crusade, ton of others. The only reason I stopped doing fansubbing then was because Hurricane Charley happened and destroyed my life, lol

Inuyasha brings back memories of my life before utter disaster so here's hoping for only nostalgic feels and no traumatic repeats with this new series. I'm looking at you, 'Rona....

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

I lost interest in Inuyasha a while back. Never finished it.

Same. Used to read it and it was pretty nice, but at some point it just dragged way too much and it got really repetitive. Find big bad. Big bad almost loses. Big bad has cheat ability so they're not able to kill him off for good. Big bad runs away. Rinse and repeat. I lost patient to following it.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm pretty hyped tbh, always liked the diversity in the yokai they face and how gruesome the enemies tended to be, it was so much fun
Don't know how much of the original cast we'll see again, but I'm pretty interested in how all three leads are girls, because of how unexpected and uncommon it is for an adventure/action series

Magic Knights Rayearth would like a word.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So I've watched both episodes that have aired. My take?

Episode 1 was basically "Days of Our Lives: Sengoku Jidai Edition", and it was kinda neat seeing old favorites puttering around and doing regular life stuff. Bonus points for using the original seiyuu cast, aside from Miroku, whose VA sadly has passed away.

Episode 2 I have Christened "Inuyasha 2: The Powerpuff Girls", and during the course of the episode I may have muttered "Moon Prism Power Make Up!" Once or twice, or even referenced a song or two from West Side Story.....

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I posted in anime thread but here:

So I watched first episode of Hanyou no Yashahime, the Inuyasha spin-off. It started off interesting by introducing 1 from 3 girls from new main cast, but then spend almost entire episode on the original main cast fighting some generic demon. It was really boring and felt pointless, but I guess the point was to reintroduce/remind them to new/old viewers. Also I'm not sure if I missed it or it'll be relevant later, but I feel like demon itself was entirely irrelevant to the story. Also we're 1 episode in and show already gave me some hardcore Naraku PTSD flashbacks. Some ancient demon that Kikyou sealed just before she sealed Inuyasha was released, they find it and kill it immediately, but turns out fragment of it survived and regained strength somewhere else. So they later found it again and killed it again, only to it escape again. Later suddenly there's many of those demons spawning all over the place and they keep killing them and only then it's explained they're just parts of it and the main body is hidden somewhere. So they force demon to reveal its true form and then they kill it and even purify the land around it. You'd think now it's dead for sure? Nope. Small fragment survived and went to some tree (that I didn't quite understand how important is and I don't remember if it's some reference to original series) and hid there? I'm not sure. So yea, they definitely know what they're doing, since they manage to brought back the worst parts of Inuyasha. Oh and episode ends with other 2 girls from new main cast showing up I guess. I do like Inuyasha's and Kagome's daughter and can't wait when episode will actually focus on them.

Episode 2 was good. They really should have just started anime there.

To reply you must either login or sign up.