Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

2020 feels like a simulation of all the possible things that can go wrong

No major bolide impact events or supervolcano eruptions yet... :v

The universe is saving both of those, plus a nuclear war, an alien invasion, and a LARP of Jreg's Centricide series for 2021.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm living alone for the first time in my life... I only got my own apartment for the first time when I was 38 years old... and after having shared living quarters like that so much, I had no real furniture aside from my bed and my computer desk....

I've lived in this apartment now for almost 3 years, and for the entirety of this time, the couch and loveseat that I have in my living room.... have reeked. I ended up with them because I had a VERY short window, the day I moved in, to find furniture. I ended up going to see them after 9pm, having moved all day from 8am, and having to return the UHAUL truck that night.... I was exhausted and ready to be done. And so I was fooled, because I was exhausted and they were in the garage of the seller so I didn't smell anything... but once I got them home into my very small apartment...eegad. Like a combination of sweaty teenage boy BO and dog pee (though there was no pee, I triple checked for that.)

No joke I found 2 pairs of wadded up panties and about 4 condom wrappers inside the damned things when I cleaned them. So they were obviously well used, lol....

Well after 3 years of having them stink up my tiny apartment--no amount of cleaning got rid of the funk--and so thus 3 years of me being embarrassed to have guests in here, I'm finally getting brand new furniture tomorrow. It has literally taken me this long, due to my pittance of an income, to be able to buy anything new.

You see kids, when you grow up, boring shit like new furniture is what excites you......

last edited at Jul 6, 2020 7:33PM

Givemeanaccount
Screen%20shot%202022-10-24%20at%208.03.03%20pm
joined Apr 25, 2017

^ Considering I have both played the Sims 3 and have seen my oldest brother's apartment with and without furniture, getting and placing new furniture is nice. Makes me think, "It's actually starting to look nice now."

Also, this is just me, if I found a condom wrapper or wadded up panties in my sofa or if it reeked that badly, I would immediately throw it out and buy a new one. Or at least one that wasn't filthy.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/37411811
Kiniro Mosaic Alice x Shinobu

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 8:50AM

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Also, this is just me, if I found a condom wrapper or wadded up panties in my sofa or if it reeked that badly, I would immediately throw it out and buy a new one. Or at least one that wasn't filthy.

Well like I said, it took me 3 years to be able to buy new stuff. I live on $1200 a month, that's to cover all rent, utilities, food, gas, and for me also, lots of doctor bills and prescriptions. I usually am down to pennies in my account by the time the new month rolls around with my next check. If it weren't for me being very very lucky enough to be in subsidized housing, that check wouldn't even cover rent in most places. So it's not like I was being cheap and choosing to live with stinky furniture out of an exaggerated sense of frugality or something.

It's not like I didn't clean it! It all got a good steam cleaning, I'm a very clean and tidy person. Just the odor never left, I think it was in the wood that made up the frame behind the cushions, cuz that's where the smell was worst.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^ I'm really happy for your getting new furniture! (I myself am a clean tidy person sensitive to smells so I imagine it's been hard for you)
So I wish you many happy memories with the furniture :)

Givemeanaccount
joined Apr 25, 2017

^^ Understandable. I’m glad that you’re at least able to get newer furniture.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/68079149
Yuru Camp Nadeshiko x Rin Marriage

last edited at Jul 7, 2020 8:49AM

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I can almost smell your story...OOF.

I kinda miss my old stinky sofa. My dogs always sneakily used them when we were asleep lol.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/82807125
Honkai Bronya x Seele NSFW
My 1st dupe pairing so far. Bronya x Seele x2 is too good to not share.
Fixed* with something else.

last edited at Jul 8, 2020 8:27AM

Same holy fuck

joined Jul 26, 2016

So apparently Brazil's knockoff Mussolini and all-purpose dickwad Bolsonaro tested positive for teh coronas.

Not gonna pretend my Schadenfreude isn't stronk on the news. >:D

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

So apparently Brazil's knockoff Mussolini and all-purpose dickwad Bolsonaro tested positive for teh coronas.

As much as I don't want the man martyred, I await with bated breath the announcement that Trumplestilskin has The Rona. Why fear martyrdom? Cuz it would make his brainless constituents even more rabid; but if he contracts it and DOESN'T die, then he will turn into an even greater powerhouse of ignorance. "See? It was never a big deal." And he WILL get it eventually, despite all the laughable overtesting done daily, because he treats it like a joke. 130,000 dead Americans, like a joke....

joined Jan 14, 2020

Actually, a recent article says he's terrified of getting it. This may go back to earlir germophobia on his part, not be a new thing. Anyway, he treats it like a joke in public, because he's a lying liar who lies, but god forbid you should cough in his presence.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/26/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-protocols/index.html

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Trump may be stupid and dishonest but this virus is taking lives at an alarming pace. Not to mention, he's been in close contact with infected people.

I'm worried about Brazil, I have no idea if America in general will survive but Brazil's cases have spiked out of control so hard just like the U.S.
After the apocalypse ends, Canada will soon politely take over what's left of America...

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/72708624
Overwatch D.va x Sombra

Yesterday's pic was deleted. Changed link for a similar one by the same artist.

last edited at Jul 8, 2020 8:28AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

After the apocalypse ends, Canada will soon politely take over what's left of America...

Unless a war happens. Then the Canadian take-over will be much less "Sorry, eh!" and much more like "I'll take 100 POWs by myself and, after my BFF dies, capture an entire city by myself, eh!".

joined Jul 26, 2016

As much as I don't want the man martyred, I await with bated breath the announcement that Trumplestilskin has The Rona. Why fear martyrdom? Cuz it would make his brainless constituents even more rabid; but if he contracts it and DOESN'T die, then he will turn into an even greater powerhouse of ignorance. "See? It was never a big deal." And he WILL get it eventually, despite all the laughable overtesting done daily, because he treats it like a joke. 130,000 dead Americans, like a joke....

Eh, wouldn't make a difference anyway. He could claim the Moon is made of cheese and his believers would swallow it whole. Remember kids, don't speedball blind-faith Führerprinzip and cognitive dissonance.

The US correspondent of our biggest newspaper is in the opinion that "the Republican party has devolved from a rich men's club into a Fascist personality cult" and I see preciously little to indicate he's wrong.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Same holy fuck

Old:

New:

Big difference. lol Now if only the off-gassing of the new stuff would end soon, I'd be pleased. Still, chemical-y new furniture smell is a lot better than ripened sweaty teenage boy.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

^you have nice cushions!

joined Oct 22, 2018

^^ That's some pretty furniture.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well I didn't get the F!Byleth and Rhea duo unit in FEH, but I did get Dorothea so I suppose that's a fine result too.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016
Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

My left joycon now stopped working! FUCK!

Well I didn't get the F!Byleth and Rhea duo unit in FEH, but I did get Dorothea so I suppose that's a fine result too.

I haven't got any (other) summer units.
I thought I could at least get someone from summer 1 like Tiki so...out of orbs lol

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/53465732
Street fighter Chun li x Juri

last edited at Jul 9, 2020 9:50AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TX9XCF/ ~_^

A good buy! The colors are beautiful.
I bet sitting on the couch would be as if you were out on a spring day, sitting near the edge of a pond. You could feel the freshness of the blossoming trees and the white lilies, and contemplate the calmness of the pastel blue. Or something like that.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

I wasted so many hours trying to fix the joycon...it worked for a bit after doing the re sync, but it just kept disconnecting. I was able to keep it connected long enough to do an update and it worked for like 5 more mins but it just doesn't work now no matter what I try. If the joycon starts blinking to sync, because sometimes it just doesn't respond, it just stops working immediately after attaching it. It's as if the Switch itself is rejecting the controller.

I do have 2 pro controllers and the right joycon works just fine but I like playing on the couch laying down and it's a bit uncomfortable since it's not in handheld mode.

Also, Panama is getting close to the lead in Covid cases per million in America or however you call that statistic. yaaaay Numero 1! Even though I haven't stepped outside in 4 months yaaaay!
Kill me!

https://66.media.tumblr.com/b21e6da1da0925cbb86dd15a2643d166/tumblr_oes8iyMtz51vhjk92o3_1280.jpg
Steven universe Ruby x Sapphire

last edited at Jul 10, 2020 9:10AM

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Knock on wood, but my Switch controller has never had the drift issue with it. However I don't play it that often either given how much time FGO, Magia Record, and Fire Emblem Heroes take.

Today I'm getting the newest Sword Art Online game in. Have to grind in FGO for my Sigurd, maybe Surfer Mordred. Am almost done leveling my Blackbeard. I only have three berserkers that are NOT max leveled. Hopefully once Summer 3 comes around Jeanne d'Arc Berserker will join the ranks.

Givemeanaccount
joined Apr 25, 2017

I'm not sure if I've had problems with my joycons, then again, I'm not fully sure what's considered drifting.

Yesterday, I got a bunch of games from Steam, since it was the last day for the summer sale. I got Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures, LISA, Ricochet, RollerCoaster Tycoon, and Surgeon Simulator.

I haven't played Amnesia yet.
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures is so far pretty fun, but very difficult. I played three different levels and had 30 lives at the beginning of all of them, and I couldn't make it to the end of any of them.
So far, LISA is quite dark and grim. I also did make a good amount of progress in the very beginning, went into the menus, pressed the wrong button and got sent back to the title screen. And I didn't save. At that moment, I just thought, "That's enough of this game for now."
I only bought Ricochet as a joke and because my friends told me to (It was only a dollar, like hell I'm gonna pass it up). Despite claims that there is no one playing it, I managed to find a server with three other people on it. I had no idea what the hell was going on, but I managed to get 15 points, so that was cool.
I did not expect to enjoy RollerCoaster Tycoon as much as I did. I quickly loaded it up just to get a little taste, and then I realized I was about an hour in already. I do have a soft spot for Tycoon games, like Game Dev Tycoon.
Actually playing Surgeon Simulator has given me an idea on how difficult it really is, with so many of the tools just slipping out of my hands. However, after two instances of malpractice, I did manage to successfully do a heart transplant.

https://www.pixiv.net/en/artworks/8652512
Pokemon Cynthia x Dawn

More transphobic subreddits got banned!

To reply you must either login or sign up.