Forum › Resounding Echo discussion

joined Jan 30, 2013

Finally found this again!

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I think the extras were both a source of benefit and vice for this anthology. It's always fun to look into the author's personal thoughts regarding stories...but a few of the character career futures, and all of the relationship futures shoulda probably been left alone. The fact it seemed pretty implied none of the relationships actually lasted and a lot of the character traits went under some drastic changes...well it made the whole thing seem pretty fake.

Of course maybe it's just a translation problem and in reality all 4 relationships sustained throughout the series in which case I can not only forgive the resounding character changes, but I can also relish in the successful future of all of them.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I think the extras were both a source of benefit and vice for this anthology. It's always fun to look into the author's personal thoughts regarding stories...but a few of the character career futures, and all of the relationship futures shoulda probably been left alone. The fact it seemed pretty implied none of the relationships actually lasted and a lot of the character traits went under some drastic changes...well it made the whole thing seem pretty fake.

Wait, none of the relationships lasted? It says outright that the Lonesome Echo couple are living together, implies (albeit very subtly) that the girls from Unbalance are together, the Asymmetry girls are sisters, and it doesn't say the Runner's High couple broke up and are in fact both doing sports which is what connected them in the first place.

So which relationship didn't last?

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Wait, none of the relationships lasted? It says outright that the Lonesome Echo couple are living together, implies (albeit very subtly) that the girls from Unbalance are together, the Asymmetry girls are sisters, and it doesn't say the Runner's High couple broke up and are in fact both doing sports which is what connected them in the first place.

^ I took another look at it. You're totally right I was just being dum. Thank you, makes the whole thing feel great again.

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

^ I took another look at it. You're totally right I was just being dum. Thank you, makes the whole thing feel great again.

Lol, that's Nezchan for you. Very wise.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Glad to see this featured.

joined Jul 31, 2014

This is one of the best story I ever read 2 years ago.
Highly recommend

Thiaguinho-sama
Homu%20avatar
joined May 11, 2012

This is one of the best story I ever read 2 years ago.
Highly recommend

I wonder why no one is translating her other two mangas, Green and AA Concerto...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I don't remember this collection other than it having kickass art, time to reread

Sans%20titre
joined Jan 25, 2017

That was great. Can't wait for more of this author's work to get translated

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

That was great. Can't wait for more of this author's work to get translated

It looks like it's going to be a while... ;_;

joined Apr 16, 2022

Glad to see this on featured. All of these stories are great but Runner's High in particular remains one of my favorite oneshots. It captures such a depth of complexity, not just in the two protagonists themselves but in how their relationship changes and grows, the loss of innocence represented by the push leading to an even deeper connection through forgiveness of self and other.

Aaaaaaaaa
joined May 2, 2012

I always come back to this anthology no matter how long.
It's beautifully written and illustrated.

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

I always come back to this anthology no matter how long.
It's beautifully written and illustrated.

Same here. I feel kinda dumb crying everytime I go for a re-read, even though I know what's gonna happen lol

last edited at Nov 1, 2022 5:22PM

joined Apr 5, 2023

Over 7 years since the first time I read this, and I still like it a lot. Very enjoyable to reread every now and then.

To reply you must either login or sign up.