Forum › Flowers Forming a Parabola discussion

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Wai- Wha-!? wth was that? >_<" I was expecting more...is there an extra or somethin.. gotta check :v

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

She's a bit too quick to give up, I think.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Finally, I have understood it. Honestly, I had no idea why she cried. But since my literature senses are tingling since yesterday, I finally knew why. It really is hard to see someone grow up, somewhat feeling empty after doing your part.

Somewhat like parents. Is there a sequel to this or this is just a one-shot.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

She's a bit too quick to give up, I think.

I agree, I think this needs a sequel

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Yeah, this is one of those stories where my mind wandered off on its own and made a continuation up.
In my head, Hana-san approaches Ichinose-san again pretty soon and admits something like: "I'm sorry... I know you wanted to help me so I can get along with everybody else, but... it's still hard. They're nice now, but I keep thinking that it's just because of how I look now. Because you helped me. So... would it be alright if... we could spent time again? Just us two?... " and boom, go from there.
Cause, you know, it really seems the other kids were very superstitious. Just because she improved her looks she's a better person now? Granted, she did let herself go before, but that's still lame. Ichinose-san proved to be a real friend, unlike the others...

Yuri_Is_My_Lyfe
X
joined Feb 8, 2014

Yeah, this is one of those stories where my mind wandered off on its own and made a continuation up.
In my head, Hana-san approaches Ichinose-san again pretty soon and admits something like: "I'm sorry... I know you wanted to help me so I can get along with everybody else, but... it's still hard. They're nice now, but I keep thinking that it's just because of how I look now. Because you helped me. So... would it be alright if... we could spent time again? Just us two?... " and boom, go from there.
Cause, you know, it really seems the other kids were very superstitious. Just because she improved her looks she's a better person now? Granted, she did let herself go before, but that's still lame. Ichinose-san proved to be a real friend, unlike the others...

Here goes my "fictional character rant." Get that it's not cool to judge someone by their looks, but chick was smelly. Smelly and in high school. Her situation though tough, she still had money for hygienic items. No one wants to sit next to the smelly kid...

Even with all that being said, really thought this was sweet and I too wish there was a sequel with their happy ending.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Agree with everyone, this seems to have ended about three pages too soon. Hana-san doesn't seem like the sort of shallow, awful person who'd abandon the person who literally changed her life and in many ways saved her. II doubt she would have just kept going with her new friends and never looked back.

joined Dec 18, 2014

Ouch...

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Agree with everyone, this seems to have ended about three pages too soon. Hana-san doesn't seem like the sort of shallow, awful person who'd abandon the person who literally changed her life and in many ways saved her. II doubt she would have just kept going with her new friends and never looked back.

I think the problem is more one of those teenage revelation deals where they realize they're actually not as important to the world at large as they thought. Hana-san definitely seems to be the sort that you said and the main character (I forget her name, it's been awhile since I actually read this one) would probably realize that if she took a minute to think about it.

Sj2
joined Nov 23, 2014

..... and suddenly, approaching from behind Ichinose, Hana tugged on her sleeve.

"Ichinose-san, I can't live without you. These people only like me for my looks. Let's get married," Hana confessed.

With tears in her eyes, Ichinose hugged Hana, "yes, let's" she responded.

And they lived happily ever after.

^That's my fantasy ending.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

..... and suddenly, approaching from behind Ichinose, Hana tugged on her sleeve.

"Ichinose-san, I can't live without you. These people only like me for my looks. Let's get married," Hana confessed.

With tears in her eyes, Ichinose hugged Hana, "yes, let's" she responded.

And they lived happily ever after.

^That's my fantasy ending.

Your fantasy is fantastic

Asasa
joined Nov 20, 2015

Wowowow... this story is still unfinished...
I demand a sequel!!! as if Hakamada Mera sensei hears me

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

what's with mera-sensei and her surprise sad endings? the beginning and middle of her stories are always pretty cheerful so i can't stop reading her works anyhow bwahhh 。:゚(。ノA\。)゚・。

joined Sep 24, 2016

I really love the use of the mathematical term "parabola" in the title. It fits the events pf the story well.

Smolnano
joined Apr 4, 2017

i'm actually really glad that this story didn't set up a romantic "reward" for "saving" someone. it even nicely undercut the very fantasy of saving someone in a really artful way. ichinose doesn't deserve hana for doing a nice thing, that kind of pygmallion plot always feels pretty nasty imo. a relationship between the two would have some nasty power dynamics in the near term, maybe not so much in the long term.

Happy%20face
joined Oct 12, 2016

i'm actually really glad that this story didn't set up a romantic "reward" for "saving" someone. it even nicely undercut the very fantasy of saving someone in a really artful way.

Yeah, I can dig the politics and melancholy of this story. And I think some of the concerns that Hana is abandoning her savior were a little misguided, I didn't get the impression that anyone was abandoned - the savior is just mourning the fact that Hana is not fully dependent on her, with a subtext of unrequited, immature love. That said, I have a soft spot for these nasty pygmallion plots when they're done in a sufficiently cute way, like with My Duckling.

last edited at May 3, 2017 11:33PM

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

I don't want to be the party pooper, but I actually don't like the fan endings here. They all seem to negate the core of the story, which was about the emptiness after seeing what you were caring for end up independent. My own head cannon ends with them dating, but Hana not being dependent on Ichinose

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

I liked this story :)

joined Feb 24, 2019

I'm not a huge fan of this ending for multiple reasons, but I do get the message and feelings being conveyed. That said, I'm fairly certain that teenagers are far more dependent on others than flowers, just sayin'.

To reply you must either login or sign up.