Forum › Pop Team Epic discussion

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

The fucking megazord one got me way more than it should have.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Did... Did he just make a chad meme reference?

Which strip do you mean? I don't see anything.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

The fucking megazord one got me way more than it should have.

Same.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Is it bad that I got most of the references this time? Also, it's nice to see Cthulhu is a recurring character now.

Genbuakicon
joined Jun 27, 2015

SHUT UP BABY IM TRYINA SING

Facepalm%20godzilla
joined Dec 15, 2016

I really love absurd comedy (btw I myself always called it nonsense humor after watching nichijou, mainly because this description works in german as well). I watched and very much enjoyed stuff like nichijou, danshi kokosei no nichijou, pani poni dash. I even bougt the helvetica standard manga when I was in japan but this is nonsense humor I don't get, I never was that big with memes so thats obviously a part of that but I gave this a chance because I normally enjoy this genre so much. I read the manga when it was first uploaded on this site and I tried watching the anime both are in my opinon disappointing at least compared to also in my opinion way funnier crazy japanese comedies

5%20(1)~2
joined Dec 13, 2019

You are number one

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I really love absurd comedy (btw I myself always called it nonsense humor after watching nichijou, mainly because this description works in german as well). I watched and very much enjoyed stuff like nichijou, danshi kokosei no nichijou, pani poni dash. I even bougt the helvetica standard manga when I was in japan but this is nonsense humor I don't get, I never was that big with memes so thats obviously a part of that but I gave this a chance because I normally enjoy this genre so much. I read the manga when it was first uploaded on this site and I tried watching the anime both are in my opinon disappointing at least compared to also in my opinion way funnier crazy japanese comedies

Ok

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I like that Cthulhu is just the third main character now.

joined May 7, 2017

I can't believe they went to Brazil. R.I.P.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Name a more meme-aware manga.

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

1984 was my first Van Halen album. Props to bkub for keeping the rock 'n' roll dream alive.

joined Jun 1, 2020

Why gardenscapes, this was the place I least expected to see it

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

I had to double check to make sure it wasn't saying "Egoraptor"

Blanksmall
joined Nov 24, 2017

"It's not a scam, it's marketing from home! And the best part is it's multi-leveled, so even beginners can do it!"

In other news, I think I feel the need to purchase a social distance flail.

last edited at Nov 7, 2020 10:24AM

SuperSexyCommandoKyouko
Img_20200306_121603_955
joined Jun 6, 2020

That yugioh reference tho

last edited at Nov 14, 2020 4:50AM

Lovelivealpaca
joined Feb 2, 2013

Omg poor tenga egg. He's just genres and he just doesn't know it yet

joined Apr 29, 2019

The eye floaters strip was too real...

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Transformers G1 movie, is there anything this manga won't reference?

Ivan's%20words%20of%20wisdom
joined Jun 22, 2013

I can't believe Pop Team Epic was cancelled (again)

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Page 2 of Chapter 59 is so relatable it hurts.

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

strangely transphobic bathroom joke in this one... I hope im just missing context somehow. I dont expect bkub to be a paragon of kindness or anything but that one was so 1 dimensionally mean that it reads like some awful fascist comics id rather not name

Sanya Juutilainen
Ava_256
joined Apr 8, 2019

strangely transphobic bathroom joke in this one... I hope im just missing context somehow. I dont expect bkub to be a paragon of kindness or anything but that one was so 1 dimensionally mean that it reads like some awful fascist comics id rather not name

It's not a trans person. It's a peeper who wants to leer girls on their bathroom, thus stuff like "He's gonna find that I'm a guy" or "Gotta fool him with a girly voice" which don't really work for trans people. Trans girl won't think: "I'm a guy," because she's not and trans people don't usually maintain something like separate voices.

To reply you must either login or sign up.