Forum › Maple Love Extra discussion

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

Didn't Seravi post in the discussion on Maple Love that the artist is Moquette? is that still right?

joined Nov 30, 2011

Yup!

Who's the artist? Doesn't seem like Otsu Hiyori's art.

The name of the artist is Moquette. Looks like it came from this site: http://jianki.sakura.ne.jp/diary/diary08_11_1.html

Oh well. Even if it's not by Otsu Hiyori, I still like it.

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

Yup!

Who's the artist? Doesn't seem like Otsu Hiyori's art.

The name of the artist is Moquette. Looks like it came from this site: http://jianki.sakura.ne.jp/diary/diary08_11_1.html

Oh well. Even if it's not by Otsu Hiyori, I still like it.

Ah just had to ask cause the author was put as ??? .3.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I was actually in the process of asking about who it was because the art didn't match up. Luckily I refreshed before posting lol.

Also I liked the continuation it felt quite natural considering how the original story was.

last edited at Apr 23, 2013 9:32PM

Sj%20celine%20icon
joined Mar 2, 2013

Yeah since it is like a conversation RIGHT after the ending of the actually story it doesn't exactly matter that the art is different it has the same feeling.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Maple Love will always have a special place in my heart.
This continuation is also really cute though. Kinda glad nothing too NSFW happened, or else it'd break the original atmosphere [for me].

@Random Reader: Is your avatar from Spaceballs???

joined Nov 30, 2011

Maple Love will always have a special place in my heart.
This continuation is also really cute though. Kinda glad nothing too NSFW happened, or else it'd break the original atmosphere [for me].

@Random Reader: Is your avatar from Spaceballs???

Couldn't agree more!

And yup! It's Dark Helmet in the flesh ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o6rNEqe0qg

joined Mar 31, 2013

I don't mind if we have more of these doujinshi ;)

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

great idea a otsu sensei dj !!!

expecially of this story

last edited at Apr 24, 2013 2:32AM

joined Feb 19, 2013

No wonder i didn't recognise the manga the extra was coming from.
The art is completely different :P

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

hahahaha....I really liked the one shot so seeing the extra is a bit refreshing I guess... xD hehehe

2w5t94i
joined Feb 27, 2011

Cute extra, wish they fleshed out the story of these two a bit more would be fun to see :D

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well, even if the extra isn't by Otsu Hiyori it still feels pretty much the same way..
Maple Story is by far my favorite (which is surprising 'cause my tastes change every couple of days) of all the yuri I've read till now and I don't really see it changing.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

so I don't get it, how did some other author pick up maple love and do an extra? did they get permission from otsu hiyori or what? because I don't trust otsu hiyori stories with anyone but otsu hiyori, because otsu hiyori is love <3

last edited at Jun 11, 2014 1:56PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

As cute as it is....I just can't buy it. It's hard for me to see Kae-chan pressing the issue like that, when she hasn't done so about anything else in the original manga. I can see her asking in all innocence, figuring that was something Miyaji knew about, but then leaving it at that until events caught up with her. As for Miyaji, she really doesn't seem that easily embarrassed, especially where Kae-chan's concerned.

Maybe a similar story spread over about 12 pages or so?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

so I don't get it, how did some other author pick up maple love and do an extra?

It's a doujin published online by a fan; nothing more.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

As cute as it is....I just can't buy it. It's hard for me to see Kae-chan pressing the issue like that, when she hasn't done so about anything else in the original manga. I can see her asking in all innocence, figuring that was something Miyaji knew about, but then leaving it at that until events caught up with her. As for Miyaji, she really doesn't seem that easily embarrassed, especially where Kae-chan's concerned.

Maybe a similar story spread over about 12 pages or so?

The characterization is possible considering that the roles reversed a bit on the closing pages of the original story (Kaede being more assertive with Miyaji being more flustered), in any case is a really sweet and cute epilogue to a great story.

last edited at Jun 11, 2014 5:34PM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Even if they are from different autors, isn't this a sequel of this? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maple_love#1

last edited at Jan 25, 2019 10:42AM

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Could we categorize this as like a doujin for maple love or something to make it easier to go from one to the other?

To reply you must either login or sign up.