Forum › Ayame 14 discussion

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

When the girls discuss what "pussy" means, are the discussing the english word, or the japanese "manko"? You would expect them to know the japanese word but if it's the english "pussy", how did it come up in the conversation?

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

"Meat Taco"!?

Give me a fucking break...

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

When the girls discuss what "pussy" means, are the discussing the english word, or the japanese "manko"? You would expect them to know the japanese word but if it's the english "pussy", how did it come up in the conversation?

I believe the word (o)manko is slang. Or just really really rude in general.

joined Oct 20, 2013

They are discussing the Japanese word "manko". English "pussy" does not appear.

The only words in this chapter written in English are where Shinobu says her name for the first time (as an annotation), where she says "repeat after me, Mankovitch" and where Ayame pronounces "Mankovitch" correctly.

joined May 2, 2014

Mankovitch lol i was waiting for something cute ( shocked ) XD

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Mankovitch lol i was waiting for something cute ( shocked ) XD

Claudia is cute >,<
anyway, of course they'd meet with Fukuyama's group and ended up with a figh..... mutual understanding?

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

I thought it was gonna be an old-fashioned (but not necessarily bad) name of some sort like Elizabeth or Bertha.. But no! It's friggin' mankovitch! I haven't laughed like that on a yuri manga since the soba credit page.

PS mankovitch sounds either russian or german to me. Thoughts?

joined Jan 17, 2014

cool name for cute girl lol XD

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I thought it was gonna be an old-fashioned (but not necessarily bad) name of some sort like Elizabeth or Bertha.. But no! It's friggin' mankovitch! I haven't laughed like that on a yuri manga since the soba credit page.

In Russia "-vich", though sometimes met, isn't very common surname ending. It's usually jewish surnames that have this here, and Mankovich doesn't sound right for that.
It's much more common in some other slavic central-european counties like Belarus, Serbia, Croatia.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

So....is this manga going to be about all 4 girls going to puberty and 'discovering' themselves ?

Not gonna lie, I thought the "Mankovich" page was a joke, I'm glad it wasn't but... that was too much. I love this series. Big ups to Kawaii Scans.

joined Aug 13, 2014

I want Ayame and that black haired chick to end up together... hopefully they do. Isn't this not completely translated yet? Any spoilers for me please? c:

Screenshot_4
joined May 3, 2013

Just now realized the pun with the name "Ayame 14". Feel kinda stupid.

joined Aug 13, 2014

What....what is it....?

Besides the age thing?

Or is that it...

Screenshot_4
joined May 3, 2013

What....what is it....?

Besides the age thing?

Or is that it...

"I am fourteen years old."
Ayame 14
I am 14

Obviously it's not pronounced like that in Japanese, but I doubt it's coincidence.

Stroke_it
joined Aug 1, 2014

Definitely not german.

Nice catch, but the "Feel kinda stupid." part is A+ humble bragging.

%e5%ad%90%e5%8d%9a%e9%ba%97%e9%9c%8a%e6%b5%81
joined Sep 14, 2014

What does it say in Japanese for "shlickaholic"? I.e. What was the "original" line.

Also, would it be okay to see the raw for pg.16 from ch.2? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ayame_14_ch02#17 (Or is it available somewhere?) I'm curious about the terms. (Gamanko dekinai. Lol.)

last edited at Oct 26, 2014 6:40PM

joined Oct 20, 2013

I want Ayame and that black haired chick to end up together... hopefully they do. Isn't this not completely translated yet? Any spoilers for me please? c:

It's a pretty new series, I think there's only 3-4 chapters out.

There are 2 chapters out. 3rd is being worked on. You read it here first as soon as quality check of the edit is finished. No spoilers!

Great
joined Dec 16, 2013

Weirdly... nostalgic? Reminds me of my adolescence, a little, hahaha. I could definitely relate to trying really hard to be naive and innocent while actually being an ashamed horndog. (No shame left anymore, though.)

Personally, I kinda hope she doesn't end up with anyone, and it's just a manga about her trying to deal with overwhelming sexual frustration into the perpetual future. Looks like she's going to end up with Shinobu, though.

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

lol wow, so the story of a teenager during puberty! #hormones! :V lol xD

Shingeki.no.kyojin.full.1508027
joined Aug 20, 2013

The whole Makobitch thing killed me xD

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

Personally, I kinda hope she doesn't end up with anyone, and it's just a manga about her trying to deal with overwhelming sexual frustration into the perpetual future. Looks like she's going to end up with Shinobu, though.

Really ? I don't see Ayame with Shinobu at all. From these two chapter I would see her ending with Sango, Shinobu feels more like a best friend character.

last edited at Oct 4, 2014 5:30PM

joined Aug 13, 2014

Really ? I don't see Ayame with Shinobu at all. From these two chapter I would see her ending with Sango, Shinobu feels more like a best friend character.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.
I was a lil bit worried that it was headed in Shinobu's direction but you just get that /feel/ with Sango that Ayame's going to end up with her.

Untitled
joined May 15, 2014

Ayame is really, really horny I don't think one woman is enough to satisfy her. Rooting for the polygyny end.
i actually wouldn't mind that

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Oh my god...what a disaster that name reveal was.
And poor Ayame. Someone help this girl.

To reply you must either login or sign up.