Forum › A story of Shamiko spending the night at Momo’s house discussion

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yea "bastard" is pretty good. I think "fool" is pretty commonly used too.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

I knew the walls are so thin everyone could hear everything because the manga was clear enough on that, but I didn't think anyone would interrupt given the fact that they could hear everything and everyone in the manga wants these 2 to finally fuck already. I thought they would just stay outside listening to all the lewd noises, I guess I shouldn't underestimate the ancestor's retardness.

joined Sep 13, 2018

This was quite cute and feeled like one of the official chapters.

Still ,everytime i remember shamiko stayed in a hospital most of her lifetime makes me feel kinda sad.People makes fun of her for being dumb and not knowing common stuff but they dont know she literally has no knowledge of such things because she have never seen them before.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Didn't realise it was from the author of Akuma No Riddle.

Deltheabestgirl666
Portrait_delthea_tatarrah's_puppet_heroes
joined Apr 17, 2020

Momo: "Don't touch my stomach!!"

Never change Shamiko.

last edited at Apr 17, 2020 4:31PM

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I love how the author say "wait, this contains spoilers from the manga" when the official name in english is "The demon girl Next Door" xDDDDDD

Didn't realise it was from the author of Akuma No Riddle.

Technically speaking is from the artist (?)

last edited at Apr 17, 2020 4:24PM

joined Jun 5, 2018

Without the punchline, it really wouldnt have felt like a real chapter. Im sure we'll at least get to the point in the manga, where such a scene is alluded to.

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

^^ Kisama just means 'you' right? but in a disrespectful way- so I dont think 'asshole' is a good translation - I think i'd go with 'damn you' - since it also keeps the 'you' meaning.

The most common translation used for kisama I've seen is "bastard". It's that level of disrespect, but also not really a word anybody takes seriously anymore. It's just an over the top way to talk down to someone, which fits right in with Shamiko's Saturday morning villain approach to things (Don't think this means you've won!).

Got it. Just a different word choice than I'm used to for Shamiko translations.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

I like how her tail sought out her girlfriend of its own volition.

Shigure_downscale_120px
joined Oct 6, 2017

"My Blood Sugar Level Is Dangerous"

Damn Straight.

K11
joined Apr 26, 2020

"NOOOO!" Was my reaction when Lilith cockblocked them.

Nyarin
joined Mar 20, 2012

Me looking at the cover: that really looks like Minakata Sunao's artstyle.
sees the author: OH MY GOD.

Areyougonnatouchem-17sq
joined Jan 27, 2019

While kisama is often translated "bastard", there's a really good reason not to use it that way here:

Momo doesn't have parents, or indeed any family. At best, she's an orphan, but there's a very good chance she's a literal bastard. Using that translation would make Shamiko seem to be making personal insults that she never would use.

I'm not sure "asshole" is the best choice, but if the intent is to convey "you jerk" with an extra emphasis on the disrespect, to the level of vulgarity, it does fit.

To reply you must either login or sign up.