Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

I just asked CT if they dropped the project - they said they didn't. So it's not nice from new group stealing the project from others.

Maybe there's a lore that I'm missing, but why is it called stealing? I think everybody is free to translate if they like that series, especially since it has been some months since CT uploaded again.

Now if they were stealing raws from CT then I don't agree, but I'm always in support for new translators. The quality aren't bad either so I'm rooting for more translations from them.

Well I mean there's that non-written rule that you're not taking the title from other groups. There are so many different titles that people can work on, and doubling work it's just well, pointless. Even if CT didn't publish the chapters right away, they are still working on them so right now it's like wasted time cuz suddenly someone else did the same thing :(

I mean the second group could just contact them or something. Not playing superheroes cuz people are are whining cuz they can't wait a little bit...

Simple example: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/if_i_can_encounter_koshiba_aoi_today Archivers are doing the title, last update was in August last year and new one yesterday - people could wait and no one took the title from them :(

I just don't like when teams are doing this for each others :(

We didn't drop the series, we just had some problems being fast this time. I know we delayed too much and we were aware of another team doing the 2 chapters we didn't got the time to finish. We just didn't expect dynasty to upload them. We will re consider if we still going to continue giving chapters here. Chapter 31 was ready and we just waited for chapter 30. Now we will have to cancel it

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, Chaosteam have always been decent people that wouldn't silently drop a series.

The current circumstances mean that some people have other worries in life than scanlation, so it can make sense that they are late.

But it doesn't explain why Dynasty didn't wait. For Bloom Into You, for example, they always waited for 4S, even though other groups were doing it in similar quality and earlier.

joined Dec 26, 2014

Well, Chaosteam have always been decent people that wouldn't silently drop a series.

The current circumstances mean that some people have other worries in life than scanlation, so it can make sense that they are late.

But it doesn't explain why Dynasty didn't wait. For Bloom Into You, for example, they always waited for 4S, even though other groups were doing it in similar quality and earlier.

That's because 4s are probably buddies here in on dynasty we're just outsiders who happened to have one of the famous yuri titles ,citrus.
As I can see the team who did unrequited love are posting other works here as well.
Can't say I'm not mad , cause we pressured everyone to get the chapters done and now it's for nothing

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I feel like it's some kind of miscommunication between uploaders/staff or someone going behind everyone's back/pushing to upload those chapters. I'd wait for clarification on the situation from admins, before pointing fingers and throwing blame on anyone.

Also it's really only issue on sites that only allows 1 chapter at the time. Mangadex doesn't have this problem, as multiple groups can upload their scanlations at the same time.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:06AM

joined Dec 26, 2014

I feel like it's some kind of miscommunication between uploaders/staff or someone going behind everyone's back/pushing to upload those chapters. I'd wait for clarification on the situation from admins, before pointing fingers and throwing blame on anyone.

Also it's really only issue on sites that only allows 1 chapter at the time. Mangadex doesn't have this problem, as multiple groups can upload their scanlations at the same time.

Point is we never said we're dropping the series and no one contacted us about taking it over. Just some entitled brats attacked us verbally on our Facebook page

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yes. I never said you're at fault. Clearly it's the person who uploaded it, but I'd wait before singling out who that someone is.

joined Feb 14, 2019

I'm not sure I'd see the "ownership" as absolute, but the lack of consultation certainly seems rude (especially since it sounds like CT despite being busy were almost done, I can see how that would be very annoying for them). I mean, how hard is it to message someone?

It is frustrating when chapters are slow, but it is even worse when a series gets abandoned part way, and CT seem pretty reliable. I just hope this doesn't end up going from one translation team to two to zero.

There are so many good series out there than need translating (hint, hint) it would be sad to end up fighting over one.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I hate that. Solve your problems in private, not in public. It got stolen, yeah that sucks but you can go and ask the person in question. I believe there is enough thing to contact PirahnaPlant to not talk about it here. Personally i don't care who translate it as long as it's good.

As I can see the team who did unrequited love are posting other works here as well.

Which is 2 shorts one.

joined Dec 26, 2014

We will talk about it with the members in our team. Apparently we don't have to continue working on chapter 30 now since is uploaded here. We will reconsider if we ever share anything else on dynasty, including citrus. Not such a big deal anyway since everyone around here likes to talk shit about it anyway. Now I have a live stream Babymetal concert to attend to lol
We will inform the citrus fandom about dynasty releases as soon as we talk about it

joined Dec 26, 2014

I hate that. Solve your problems in private, not in public. It got stolen, yeah that sucks but you can go and ask the person in question. I believe there is enough thing to contact PirahnaPlant to not talk about it here. Personally i don't care who translate it as long as it's good.

Which is 2 shorts one.

Why should I contact people who never contacted me about something that was apparently a manga my team was working on it? I'll talk in public about it as much as I want cause it was disrespectful. And u bet they were the same brats who attacked us on our Facebook page

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Alrighty then... ignoring the scanlation war for now.

So back to my tri-monthly dive into this ocean of suffering. Honestly, waiting for 3 chapters at a time might be the only way to really feel like the pace is picking up. It actually feels very well paced when you read several chapters in a row. I always suspected that this manga is more of a "volume by volume" read anyway.

So we got Risako being jealous, which obviously was a subtle implication once again that she is actually gay for Kaoru. Kaoru thought Risako was jealous of her for having had Reiichi look after her in the past, but actually she is jealous of Reiichi for being able to be close to Kaoru so long.

As everyone already knew, Reiichi guilt tripped himself into marrying Kaoru, but he legitmately cares about her of course. He was the only one who actually came for her, when everyone else was fine being brushed off without reply (even Risako). I wonder what Uta was doing during that "empty" period?

Kaoru's extreme loneliness combined with trauma... it really is more like a mental illness at this point. She had a freaking panic attack for crying out loud. Reiichi is an idiot for not noticing anything. Uta is an idiot for doing all of this nonsense to get over her love and then just decides "I'll just keep loving her from a distance lol". That's the same mistake Risako made and it never helps either of them.

It's good that Uta at least had enough instinct to take the situation seriously unlike her dumb brother. It is quite telling that Kaoru would call her instead of Reiichi in the first place. She really is that outlet she has used since high-school. It's unhealthy. Now i just fear that another mistake will be commited in this horribly unstable situation.

My stomach hurts already....

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 7:42AM

joined Feb 14, 2019

Why should I contact people who never contacted me about something that was apparently a manga my team was working on it? I'll talk in public about it as much as I want cause it was disrespectful. And u bet they were the same brats who attacked us on our Facebook page

Besides it was already an issue in the forum before you commented. While it would have been polite for PirahnaPlant to try and coordinate efforts, they are free to do as they wish. Dynasty were the ones that had a working relationship with CT so really should have checked in with them.

I hope it was a mistake/misunderstanding, and I hope CT will wait for an official response before deciding on anything too drastic.

joined Aug 14, 2017

We will talk about it with the members in our team. Apparently we don't have to continue working on chapter 30 now since is uploaded here. We will reconsider if we ever share anything else on dynasty, including citrus. Not such a big deal anyway since everyone around here likes to talk shit about it anyway. Now I have a live stream Babymetal concert to attend to lol
We will inform the citrus fandom about dynasty releases as soon as we talk about it

I'm going to tell you straight up what other people aren't — you are being a big baby about this. Scanlation isn't some noble world where everyone follows a set of clearly defined rules. It's a wild west of semi-illegal sharing and reinterpretation of copyrighted works. Should the new group have contacted you? Maybe. Maybe they're not up on all the "unwritten rules", or maybe they're just big jackasses who want to stomp on all the hard work everyone's done by.......... freely releasing high quality translations? I'm sure an unknown element would do that just to antagonize you, makes perfect sense.
You're free to take your ball and go home by all means — no one's entitled to your translations. But don't act like you were owed this. None of what's done on this site is right, it's just wrong in an enjoyable way.

Bae
joined Jun 11, 2017

I am sorry but we have all the rights to get mad about this. We love what we are doing, and we love this serie. Sometimes we have to delay for reason that are against our will, yes.

But honestly it's beyond rude to just post it without even asking about it. We were about to finish the chapters, one of them was already done and QCED, we waited for the second for a double release.

And we are more mad about Dynasty. What's the point of even posting something here anymore if the teams aren't protected to do a serie we enjoy sharing? Because at this point it's not better than any website like mangadex or such.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 8:33AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I mean. It's not first time stuff like that happens. And in past instances (the ones I personally saw anyway), the new group's releases were removed and old group still had monopoly on updates. Dynasty is not a monolith and there's plenty of uploaders that have rights to upload and don't need to consult with anyone, so whatever it was something higher ups of dynasty decided on or it was something they weren't aware of isn't that clear cut. It could be a honest mistake for all we know. That's why I said it's better to wait for some clarification on the situation, before jumping the shark and cutting all ties. While in the perfect world you wouldn't need to contact anyone, it's kinda in your interest to at least try to ask dynasty staff what's going on, if you actually care about having good relations with them. Going "welp, we might as well stop working on anything. We're taking all our toys, cya guys." without even confirming the situation is, honestly, a very childish way to act.

In past, someone translated and uploaded something I was currently working on, despite specifically saying I'll do it. Did it annoy me? Yes. Did I thrown a tantrum? No. Granted it was a one-shot, so I just hand-waved it, but if it was series, I'd actually go and at least ask staff about it. I wouldn't act like everyone has to cater to me and now I'm forever offended.

Also it's so funny stuff like that happens only on sites that actually listen to scanlators' wishes. All other sites that just steal releases, don't give a fuck and simply upload things, whatever you gave them permission or not, so it really feels like trying to be nice to scanlators is actually a demerit, rather than merit. Sure your releases might not be on dynasty, but they sure as hell will be on 1240242 other sites.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 8:55AM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Ayy, can we go back to discuting the chapter and stop something that could be talked in private.

Oh boy how I wished Kaoru grow a bit through her arc but so far so dissapointed. Kaoru is more of an emotional slob than ever and it's Uta who come back to "save" Kaoru. I wanted to be Kaoru taking back Uta but seem that's not in Tmnr's plan.

joined Dec 26, 2014

I'm going to tell you straight up what other people aren't — you are being a big baby about this. Scanlation isn't some noble world where everyone follows a set of clearly defined rules. It's a wild west of semi-illegal sharing and reinterpretation of copyrighted works. Should the new group have contacted you? Maybe. Maybe they're not up on all the "unwritten rules", or maybe they're just big jackasses who want to stomp on all the hard work everyone's done by.......... freely releasing high quality translations? I'm sure an unknown element would do that just to antagonize you, makes perfect sense.
You're free to take your ball and go home by all means — no one's entitled to your translations. But don't act like you were owed this. None of what's done on this site is right, it's just wrong in an enjoyable way.

First of all fuck you
Second of all I dont feel entitled to any shit, I just feel mad cause we were working on this damn thing even though we're busy with real life issues you wouldn't even fathom cause all you seen to do is read illegal manga on websites
I'm mad cause all our hard work is gone to waste cause no one bothered to tell us, hey guys if you're busy we got this, it's just two chapters, we will help out and do it instead.
Also did I say fuck you?

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Ayy, can we go back to discuting the chapter and stop something that could be talked in private.

I wouldn't count on it. We are bound to be drowned out either way. Just leave your impression of the chapters here and wait for it to blow over. Those who care about the plot will go back to read them eventually... maybe.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Angrboda94 posted:

What's the point of even posting something here anymore if the teams aren't protected to do a serie we enjoy sharing?

I'm sorry what? Protected from what?

Because at this point it's not better than any website like mangadex or such.

As far as I know, while Mangadex allows everyone to upload stuff, you can request removing your scanlations at any time and they honor your requests.

last edited at Apr 10, 2020 8:41AM

Bae
joined Jun 11, 2017

Angrboda94 posted:

What's the point of even posting something here anymore if the teams aren't protected to do a serie we enjoy sharing?

I'm sorry what? Protected from what?

Because at this point it's not better than any website like mangadex or such.

As far as I know, while Mangadex allows everyone to upload stuff, you can request removing your scanlations at any time and they honor your requests.

Not protected in that way, but more in the way allowing a team to release safely a serie if they are translating it from the beginning. As you said, the other plateforms take everything. Dynasty has a good quality of reading (a comfort) and you are kinda assured to post your work.
We never had any issues before, and since this serie mean a lot to us we are Indeed mad about that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think it would have made more sense for Uta to have decided not to give up on her love after she went to comfort Kaoru rather than before.

Even in Uta’s “I’ve given up my love” stage it would be perfectly in character for her to rush back if she learned that Kaoru was in deep emotional distress—the two were very close friends ever since Uta was a little girl, irrespective of any romantic feelings.

As it is, it seems like she went through all that angst and character growth at her brother’s, only to go live with her parents, where she got kinda bored and, without any real precipitating cause or new emotional realization, just said, “Eh, nothing much going on around here—I think I’ll go back to being in love with Kaoru.”

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow, sadhomu82, I know you're angry, but you won't win anyone's sympathy behaving that way. You can't afford to spend 2 minutes writing to Dynasty staff, asking what's going on, but you can spend a hour checking comments and insulting people on forum. kk

joined Jul 26, 2016

As it is, it seems like she went through all that angst and character growth at her brother’s, only to go live with her parents, where she got kinda bored and, without any real precipitating cause or new emotional realization, just said, “Eh, nothing much going on around here—I think I’ll go back to being in love with Kaoru.”

Kuroe is basically you rn in-universe ain't she? :P

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Kuroe is basically you rn in-universe ain't she? :P

It’s not the character I want to ask, “How dumb can you get?”

joined Dec 26, 2014

Wow, sadhomu82, I know you're angry, but you won't win anyone's sympathy behaving that way. You can't afford to spend 2 minutes writing to Dynasty staff, asking what's going on, but you can spend a hour checking comments and insulting people on forum. kk

I'm not asking for anyone's sympathy, I'm not 15
And write what to dynasty staff? Why didn't they bother writing us?

To reply you must either login or sign up.