Forum › Even Though I Was Ready.. It Hurts discussion

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

and suddenly all that child abuse doesn't matter because the dad is cool with it

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I wonder why all the characters in anime and manga are always basically slaves to their parents. Do those authors even know how teenagers can react?

Download
joined Aug 8, 2013

and suddenly all that child abuse doesn't matter because the dad is cool with it

ugh...

You just HAD to be that guy...

On another not, I actually enjoyed this story. Found it very heartwarming and really hit home with me because I wouldn't have been able to through even half the shit in my life if it wasn't for my friends being there for me.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

ugh...

Would've been me too pointing that out :p

And honestly, don't need to over-boost drama to such extent to provide a story like this.

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

I wonder why all the characters in anime and manga are always basically slaves to their parents. Do those authors even know how teenagers can react?

Different teens react erm.... dis-similarly. It can be generalized but ya know... different backgrounds and all that shit...

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

On another note, that title made me crack up.

I'm too perverted.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

Yeah I'm still upset with the dad too

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Different teens react erm.... dis-similarly. It can be generalized but ya know... different backgrounds and all that shit...

Of course but...when was the last time you saw an anime character actually stand up against her parents? It is extremely rare. Why? Easy drama.

2015-01-21%2018.42.01
joined May 17, 2014

Damn... what an asshole for a father...

joined Feb 11, 2014

Of course but...when was the last time you saw an anime character actually stand up against her parents? It is extremely rare. Why? Easy drama.

You also forgot: different culture, different (expected) family dynamics.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

A cheap excuse. Japan is a bit different but it is not as cliche as in anime/manga.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

From what I'm told, little kids get a lot of leeway to be lippy at their parents but the control gets tighter and tighter as you grow older. I would assume that's even more pronounced for girls.

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

A cheap excuse. Japan is a bit different but it is not as cliche as in anime/manga.

I assume you've never seen such a family in real life. I come from a traditional Asian family and I can tell you I've been beat with a cane more times than I can count, sometimes from teachers too.

Rin
joined Apr 1, 2014

I assume you've never seen such a family in real life. I come from a traditional Asian family and I can tell you I've been beat with a cane more times than I can count, sometimes from teachers too.

Same but that changed somehow when I turned 18 can make my own decision now but its weird cause I was controlled my whole life and then i was immediately set free without knowing what I really want to do.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

ugh...

Would've been me too pointing that out :p

And honestly, don't need to over-boost drama to such extent to provide a story like this.

To be fair all we saw was a bad slap. Calling it "all that child abuse" is a bit overboard. Not sufficient evidence to suggest as much since we got a glimpse into what could be the father's true wishes at the end (what the heck is with that comment: "you take good care of Maki, now"? Like is he leaving?).

But yes, I agree it was not as neatly trimmed and polished a story element as it should have been.

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

No yuri tag, two pages in wtf? not reading. I was a mean kid my parents would take away my videogames instead all it accomplished was make me just angrier. You HAVE to be positive with your kid they aren't toys or robots they have feelings and shit, there are a lot of ways to raise a child but I really hate when parents hurt physically or emotionally nothing good comes out of that.

Anyway this isn't canon so whatever!

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

obviously you have no idea what asian families in asia are like including japan.

99770_0001_47662
joined Sep 8, 2014

damn...too much drama T__T... and the slap scenes...ouch...

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Needs a "slapping" tag.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

obviously you have no idea what asian families in asia are like including japan.

and this is why i live in the UK now away from my family.
I love japan and all but despise the acceptable "traditional" family values

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

To be fair, if you take anime and mangas as an example of the "typical japanese family", you end up with that :
-it's common for the childs to live by themselves, with never seeing or getting news from their parents.
-Said parents, if not absent, usually let their kids do as they please, without interfering much with their lives.
-Many parents will eagerly encourage their kids (mostly their sons) to have sex with some girl, or at least be perfectly fine with it.

And I'll stop there because I could keep going for a while. XD

No, seriously, families in manga & anime are rarely depicted in an accurate way, because many of them have teenagers as protagonist and having meddling parents in a non-comical way would get in the way of the story.

I mean, just imagine that in your typical anime : "Mom, dad, I need to go save the world !" "Did you do your homework ?" "But moooom, the world is in danger !" "yeah, yeah, you used that one last time already. Go back to your room and you better finish them properly this time !" worldsplosion!

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

To be fair, if you take anime and mangas as an example of the "typical japanese family", you end up with that :
-it's common for the childs to live by themselves, with never seeing or getting news from their parents.
-Said parents, if not absent, usually let their kids do as they please, without interfering much with their lives.
-Many parents will eagerly encourage their kids (mostly their sons) to have sex with some girl, or at least be perfectly fine with it.

And I'll stop there because I could keep going for a while. XD

No, seriously, families in manga & anime are rarely depicted in an accurate way, because many of them have teenagers as protagonist and having meddling parents in a non-comical way would get in the way of the story.

I mean, just imagine that in your typical anime : "Mom, dad, I need to go save the world !" "Did you do your homework ?" "But moooom, the world is in danger !" "yeah, yeah, you used that one last time already. Go back to your room and you better finish them properly this time !" worldsplosion!

usagis mom was around a decent amount :P and that sort of happened at some point in that series, cant remember when though

last edited at Sep 25, 2014 5:55AM

joined Apr 14, 2013

Im just glad for a happy end

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

With this discussion about moms in anime and manga Madoka mother comes to my mind.
Poor Madoka's mom. Like everyone in that series being herself was suffering.

Anyways, poor Maki, after reading the first pages I though that I was reading "Let's slap Maki-chan: The Manga".

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

On another note, that title made me crack up.

I'm too perverted.

So i was not alone :' ) ...Yay for perverts! (wait...)

To reply you must either login or sign up.