Forum › The Mute Girl and Her New Friend discussion

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

MarqFJA87 posted:

Good point about phone ban though, though in her case they might grant her special permission.

laughs in Japanese cultural obsession with conformity and trampling over "special needs"

Seriously, Japan's society sucks when it comes to this sort of stuff. Out of sight, out of mind, and if you dare beg for special treatment you get ostracized for your selfishness no matter what.

It's actually more complex than that. I read about Japanese welfare and it's actually very advanced and they try to make as many places as accessible as possible to disabled people. For example paths for blinds are very common there. But the disconnect is that, while laws are very generous to people with issues and government is trying its best to accommodate them, people's attitude towards people like that sucks in general.

joined Feb 11, 2014

Needs tsundere tag.

E05aff7c1334de03865ce183142c84b52
joined Feb 6, 2014

Need more and faster :D

Tumblr_nqv8vppgwy1qhzyd1o1_400
joined Mar 11, 2019

I'm wondering who are gonna confessed their feeling first?

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

My best guess is that the mute one keeps trying to confess her feelings and failing in some way while freaking out until the mind reader finally has to confess first to calm her down, with the way the manga has been going. Seems in character and the right tone.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Tsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsuntsun

Adorable. Seriously, I always had a feeling a supernatural manga without some war/clan/fantasy thingies is possible.

joined Nov 7, 2013

lmao, thats so fresking adorbs

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

How come she has mobile phone but didn’t use it to communicate instead of writing in a sketch pad? She literally wasting papers there. It’s more believable. I remembered the Jap movie drama I watched like she lost the ability to talk and uses her phone to communicate w/ her friends...

joined Jan 7, 2019

How come she has mobile phone but didn’t use it to communicate instead of writing in a sketch pad? She literally wasting papers there. It’s more believable. I remembered the Jap movie drama I watched like she lost the ability to talk and uses her phone to communicate w/ her friends...

Yeah, I though so too in the first chapters, like if she is so deeply concerned about communicating with others quickly and naturally it would definitively be easier if she just used her phone and maybe a text to speech software. And I mean, if you are gonna write it down might as well use a whiteboard, it will probably even be cheaper.

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 12:58AM

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Yeah, I though so too in the first chapters, like if she is so deeply concerned about communicating with others quickly and naturally it would definitively be easier if she just used her phone and maybe a text to speech software. And I mean, if you are gonna write it down might as well use a whiteboard, it will probably even be cheaper.

They did that in the manga Special A. Girl used a sketchpad throughout most of the series and then the guy she liked gave her a whiteboard as a gift. So I guess people just don't think of them?

I miss u my imaginary girlfriend
joined Dec 24, 2019

The mind-reading girl looks like the combination of Miku (twin-tail) and Neru (tsundere, always use mobile phone)
( ・`ω・´)

joined Dec 24, 2019

In Japan you cant bring your phone to school or if you get seen even if its during breaks it might get confiscated. They are more lenient now a days but before it was really bad. I do agree that she is wasting papers and should of brought a whiteboard instead but I read somewhere that people like the feel of writing on paper and the feeling that they get communicating with people and refer back to it

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

i-it's not like you're my bestfriend or anything, NO WAY!

Classic Tsundere. <3

last edited at Dec 24, 2019 9:04AM

joined Jan 22, 2015

Because a jk with a sketch pad is cuter than a jk with a mobile phone. Also, she makes a bigger impression on readers and at this point the sketch pad is a trope.

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

She might just find it quicker to hand write something than it would be to type it into her phone. Also, the advantage a scotch pad has over a whiteboard is that she can write in it with a pencil, which she and her classmates would already be expected to have, as opposed to a marker and eraser that she would have to remember to bring to school everyday (and which might not be as easy to replace if she were to forget to bring them).

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Because a jk with a sketch pad is cuter than a jk with a mobile phone. Also, she makes a bigger impression on readers and at this point the sketch pad is a trope.

Agreed - and I think it may be easier to draw the character with what she's written on a sketch pad (get the message and her expression over in one panel) rather than to keep having to show a separate zoom-in on the phone, especially for her longer messages.

Cb182e17-7bdc-4652-835e-c4a70727bb93
joined Dec 25, 2019

The mangaka of this story is a genius, a tsundere mind reader and a wholesome muted girl

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Sketch pads let you use better writing tools and are less messy than whiteboards. My mom is disabled and can no longer speak well. We used a white board for a while which worked well when she could use it as an assist to speaking. Thing is, degenerative PSP ruins muscle control, and her writing also became worse. I bought a sketchpad and some fine tip pens and markers for it so her writing wouldn't smudge together as much. Thanks to that, I can still have a sort of conversation with her.

If you're worried about paper, well, there are worse ways to use it.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Damn.. i wish it was longer...

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

She sure is rude to Mute-chan.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

That app be trolling lol

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"If we were a couple, we would do this and that together, right?" wondered the mute girl, while a certain mind reader became more red than a tomato.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

She sure is rude to Mute-chan.

Well she's a tsundere

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

man shit would suck for this poor deaf girl if this chick couldnt read minds

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m not usually one to worry much about tags one way or another, but what does Miss Mind-Reader need to do to earn her Tsundere merit badge?

To reply you must either login or sign up.