Forum › Moon Behind Clouds discussion

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

I thought this would be a lot worse judging by the tags and that it was from Kodama but I kinda liked it.

joined Mar 4, 2018

No body else gonna talk about how sociopathic the MC is? She recognized a perceived inferiority in herself, but instead of moving on like a normal person, she acted solely to make herself feel superior to those around her. That's scary shit. It's one thing to behave that way and not recognize it, but to see your own inferiority complex and feed it... Wow.

I agree with you.

The MC doesn't like Akane, otherwise she would feel happy when Akane kissed her. Think about her thought during the kissing scene: 'at that moment, the feeling boiled inside me is neither joy nor confusion, but a overwhelming feeling of superiority'. She just enjoys the feeling that she is the one in control. She is selfish and manipulative.

And that's why I love Kodama Sensei's work. She's never afraid to bring out the worst side of people.

last edited at Nov 25, 2019 4:12AM

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

you can't stop the NTR from Kodama

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Short but delicious~ Classic Kodama, messed up characters, lmao! Akane decides to show her feelings by jumping the main character while said character's boyfriend is sleeping in the same room, and Kotori herself is genuinely messed up. I think Minalinsky's analysis was the most accurate one regarding this.

Thinking more on it, I would not be so quick to label Kotori as twisted or messed up too quickly. While her feelings certainly could be seen as dubious, I argue that it in a sense is only natural to feel what she does at the end.

As indicated in the oneshot, all her life she's put herself down and been put down by others. Everyone's always passed her up for Akane and she's always seen herself as inferior, but finally, someone's told her that she's the one they love and want the most - and it's the very person she's always believed to be unreachable and untouchable by someone like her.

Perhaps it's not the most innocent reason to fall in love, but is it so unnatural or wicked to fall in love with someone because they're the only one in your life who thinks you're worth loving unconditionally to begin with?

And from the start, I do contend with the idea that she doesn't actually care about or love Akane in addition to the above feelings. Kodama doesn't shy away from showing her characters' darker thoughts and yet Kotori is, within the span of the oneshot, shown to not harbor a single negative thought about Akane. Even when her walking-human-refuse of a boyfriend makes that shitty comment to her because of Akane's beauty, all Kotori really thinks is that she'll never match up to Akane, not that Akane is some boyfriend stealing b-word or something like that. The closest thing to a bad thought she thinks is that Akane is her friend but sometimes being around her just makes her feel like she'll never be good enough for anyone. Which is totally reasonable given her position and even speaks positively of her character, that she can resist the temptation to lay blame on a blameless Akane.

In other words, Kotori did nothing wrong and she loves Akane from the start, at least as a friend.

last edited at Nov 25, 2019 10:40AM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

Always trust a frogposter to have bad taste.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Always trust a frogposter to have bad taste.

A puritanical misogynist troll—must to avoid.

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

I don't think she even like Akane in the first place..What she feel is sense of superiority and not love..

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

I don't feel the least bit bad for him.

I mean right from the start he was like "Don't worry, she'd never go for someone like me." As if she was his 'safe bet'.
Gross.

Yup. He is gross. His statement made me "whuuut????"

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

All Kodama Naoko works fall in one of either two categories: worst of shit; best of wonders.
While her most well known work, which also had NTR, was in the former category, this one-shot is in the latter category.
Change my mind.

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Dont care about the jerk
Viva yuri!

joined Dec 13, 2013

“ntr anthology”
kodama: my time to shine

Fireshot%20screen%20capture%20%23073%20-%20'vol_%201%20ch_%201%20(even%20if%20it%20was%20just%20once,%20i%20regret%20it)%20-%20mangadex'%20-%20mangadex_org_chapter_689420_11%20-%20copy
joined May 6, 2018

ah yes thats the Kodama Naoko I know

Screenshot_39
joined Apr 17, 2017

The God blesses again. sobs

9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

I'm not a fan of NTR to be honest, but I read it since it was by Kodama Naoko. Definitely worth it. This was actually pretty great.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

"By the power of alcohol, I'm going to confess my feelings for you !" haah....

Smallerpfp
joined Nov 26, 2019

I never bothered to read this before, because of the tags, but I tried it on a whim today and like... eh, not as bad as it sounded. Yeah, I think it was bad of her to have sex with her, but I think she clearly felt superiority in that she was better than all the men who were coming onto Akane, not because she hated Akane or something. My personal analysis would be that she feels that superiority because she's been jealous, both of the attention that Akane gets but also of the people that get to be attracted to Akane. I feel bad for her boyfriend, but also he seems kinda like a tool, so not that bad. I honestly don't think she's like, sociopathic or evil, she's just dealing with complicated mixed up feelings from
1) being interested in her best friend and not realizing it
2) being considered inferior to her best friend for her entire life by people that should love her
and 3) her best friend actually liking her.
No shit you start to feel superiority at that point, anyone would. She been put below this woman for her entire life, and now she's saying that she likes her. That's gonna give anyone an ego trip. I'm firmly on her side here, shit's hard and her situation is complicated but she's not a bad person. I do hope she'd break up with her boyfriend after this, but I understand why she wouldn't too, with the way homosexuality is viewed.

last edited at Jan 2, 2020 9:15PM

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

This is exactly what I want for Juri and Shiori to happen after seeing Juri's arc, Kodama Naoko always giving me the type of stories I like. I'm not into NTR but only this author's work will be acceptable. I don't remember how many I've seen this anymore

joined Feb 10, 2022

Poor guy, and good for the new future couple

joined May 28, 2022

Sasuga kodama Naoko it's looping all the time

91199535164D3M190D34498432911
joined Mar 17, 2021

Only one chapter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.