Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Writing is not really my forte.

I can tell yes. But would just point out that irrespective of how it eventually resolves suspicion in itself is a very effective drama driver which even a half-assed author can get quite a bit done with. (I'm still a little annoyed how this one keeps stalling with the revelation for much the same reasons Blastaar enumerated earlier.)

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 6:27PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

Can't really decide who uselessness I hate more, Mei Aihara or Kaoru

https://twitter.com/_saburouta?lang=en why you hate mei ^^

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think i'm too stupid to understand what the point you get irritated at .

Him not cheating is just a waste of the story, even if it's too convenient for the story.

You talking about that ?

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Like, what did you guys expected? To Kaoru drop everything and start cute kawaii (including kisses and sex) relationship with a child? I'm not saying they will not end up together somehow, but the path to this is exactly what interesting me the most.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I think i'm too stupid to understand what the point you get irritated at .

Him not cheating is just a waste of the story, even if it's too convenient for the story.

You talking about that ?

That and your no less painfully simplistic reading of what role it might have in the continuation of the story, yes.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Like, what did you guys expected? To Kaoru drop everything and start cute kawaii (including kisses and sex) relationship with a child? I'm not saying they will not end up together somehow, but the path to this is exactly what interesting me the most.

I mean me too i want to see that. I didn't say either it will be easy for Kaoru to done all she had to do.

That and your no less painfully simplistic reading of what role it might have in the continuation of the story, yes.

What him not cheating mean for the story ? Doesn't that mean Kaoru still have someone she can rely on even with Uta leaving ? I know Kaoru is really fond of Uta but that doesn't mean she will be alone if Reiichi really doesn't cheat. It just need for both them to talk about that (i mean even if he is cheating they need to talk about that) and for Reiichi to be a better husband and Kaoru to be more autonom.

joined Jul 26, 2016

What him not cheating mean for the story ? Doesn't that mean Kaoru still have someone she can rely on even with Uta leaving ? I know Kaoru is really fond of Uta but that doesn't mean she will be alone if Reiichi really doesn't cheat. It just need for both them to talk about that (i mean even if he is cheating they need to talk about that) and for Reiichi to be a better husband and Kaoru to be more autonom.

Whether he's actually cheating or not is fairly irrelevant if she cannot trust in him. Lingering suspicion like that tends to gnaw at people and is probably doubly venomous on someone as emotionally dependent as Kaoru clearly is. (TBF from what we've been told of her family background - ie. out of one IIRC - she's a better Freudian Excuse for that than most.)

And in any case that isn't particularly the crux of the story in the first place. It has little direct bearing on the resolution of either the tangled relationship between the in-laws or Uta's home problems which she moved in with Reiichi and Kaoru to escape in the first place; both story threads have ample room for any amount of further developement entirely irrespective of how the whole Risako one pans out.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 7:12PM

Bldrnner
joined Mar 3, 2019

In any case, the small introduction of the air of nothing risako and uta is not insignificant. The author makes her enter the scene, is she a bitch or the different comments she makes about reii will make her the one who opens her eyes to kaoru? like "he was already cheating on you at school and he continues now, open your eyes kaoru ! ".

Man I can't wait to see a catalyst like this happen.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

At least Mei is actually into Yuzu and she isn't such a doormat like Kaoru. Pretty sure she wouldn't stay like that if she was suspected she was being cheated on.

joined Jul 26, 2019

We will already wait several chapters to see how kaoru will digest the absence of uta and how she will manage it.
From the author will surely show us in relation to his thoughts if there is a chance that kaoru to find uta and not see her permanently move away from her will develop new feelings.....
If kaoru shows no sign of seeing her again and especially a desire that uta stay close to her then yes definitely there will be no chance of having a potential couple.
I don't forget that uta remains the closest person to kaoru, the one who knows her best, who feels when things are going well or not well at home and vice versa....when kaoru cries she wants to see uta, when kaoru wants to leave from zero she wants to start with uta before reii, when she is in the restaurant for the first year of their wedding anniversary she still thinks of uta, she makes a jewel identical to uta while with reii despite that she loves him and that it is her husband there is 100 times less complicity...
To see what kaoru prefers now.
The end of this chapter shows that kaoru in an emotional reflex means to retain and say something to uta, not only does she tremble because she is afraid and can no longer control her feelings but she collapses downright to the ground.
Kaoru can't even say goodbye to her because in Japan, a goodbye still means a kind of terminus level of emotional ties not just goodbye. She doesn't want and therefore doesn't accept this de facto state in her.
And all this is not going to happen in 2 months, eh, uta is approaching 17 years old no?, so she is not far from the university either and the majority, everything will not be done instantly, it can take a while if.....

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 9:17PM

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

Like, what did you guys expected? To Kaoru drop everything and start cute kawaii (including kisses and sex) relationship with a child?

maybe

joined Jul 26, 2016

Like, what did you guys expected? To Kaoru drop everything and start cute kawaii (including kisses and sex) relationship with a child?

maybe

Oi, this ain't a Mira oneshot. :/

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

maybe

I think you misspell Itou Hachi, we just need Uta with animal ears.

joined Jul 26, 2016

maybe

I think you misspell Itou Hachi, we just need Uta with animal ears.

thinking.jpg
...either works, really. collab when

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Well at least Kaoru is not bitchy so there’s that

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 11:36PM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Entoma, that's a very messed-up and misogynistic thing to say

It’s like the opposite of misogynistic depending on how you interpret it lol

Not to put too fine a point on it but that's an attitude primarily associated with the bridal virginity preoccupation of only too many patriarchal traditional societies (the two descriptors being nigh synonymous) - though historically it actually had more to do with inheritance issues than anything, it's not like most of those selfsame societies had any particular problems with widows etc. remarrying after all.

Are you telling me that if there are 2 girls, one is having sex with some dude since forever and now just found out she is into girls and another is a lesbian and has not been with a dude, all things being equal you are gonna go for the first one? I call BS on that

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 11:41PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

Entoma, that's a very messed-up and misogynistic thing to say

It’s like the opposite of misogynistic depending on how you interpret it lol

Not to put too fine a point on it but that's an attitude primarily associated with the bridal virginity preoccupation of only too many patriarchal traditional societies (the two descriptors being nigh synonymous) - though historically it actually had more to do with inheritance issues than anything, it's not like most of those selfsame societies had any particular problems with widows etc. remarrying after all.

Are you telling me that if there are 2 girls, one is having sex with some dude since forever and now just found out she is into girls and another is a lesbian and has not been with a dude, all things being equal you are gonna go for the first one? I call BS on that

I sincerely fail to see why that should be any kind of issue. Or, for that matter, factor.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Imagine if this story ends here. I hope there isn't a timeskip please tMnR

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, this purity bullshit can stop here and now. It's not relevant to the story and honestly it's a character flaw to be so obsessed with it.

Honestly, I'd think most people wouldn't want to advertise that, but go figure.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

People really be acting like Kaoru by wishing for a fairytale ending out here

joined Jul 26, 2019

People really be acting like Kaoru by wishing for a fairytale ending out here

Well if we go that way so everything is predictable uta part to his parents, kaoru separates and that's the end of the story?
Maybe it's a mistake to believe that kaoru can be forced by the force of things to evolve with his feelings, but it can also be a mistake to believe that the story is already written at the moment T a part if the author wants to finish his manga in less than 5 chapters....

You think too much that the story is realistic and that it will happen as in real life which is false in fact.
Yet the author has already used old strings like the friend who would cheat on kaoru's husband, as if by chance kaoru is right where reii and risako walk...kaoru wants to ask for the truth a reii but a simple phone call stops everything, and then the risako undertones, and the fact that it is the ex,the return of the mother 5 years later.... in short, the author is realistic on a few points but does like any yuri with drama, uses the same methods, no reason why he should not make an unexpected turnaround.

last edited at Aug 9, 2019 4:07AM

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

After all it's Yuri manga, i'm almost sure becouse of some unexpected miracle Uta and Kaoru will find TRUE LOVE and idk they'll bang each other and they'll have kids or something like that. I assume.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

After all it's Yuri manga, i'm almost sure becouse of some unexpected miracle Uta and Kaoru will find TRUE LOVE and idk they'll bang each other and they'll have kids or something like that. I assume.

IDK, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kaoru only married Reiichi because she was actually subconsciously in love with Uta, but social pressures and heavily ignored feelings made her settle for the next best thing that also permitted her to keep close to Uta.

(I'm being facetious of course.)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

IDK, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Kaoru only married Reiichi because she was actually subconsciously in love with Uta, but social pressures and heavily ignored feelings made her settle for the next best thing that also permitted her to keep close to Uta.

(I'm being facetious of course.)

Actually, that seemed to be the exact setup for the first chunk of the story.

And frankly, it’s the only escape hatch to a U/K endgame.

joined Dec 24, 2015

Do we know how many chapters there are left at this point?

To reply you must either login or sign up.