Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

Maybe the reason why Reiichi was meeting with Risako is because they have a secret child! So Reiichi was spending time bonding with his child...

joined Jul 26, 2016

Still a better option than Kaoru attempting suicide idea i had before.

That's not exactly putting the bar very high...

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Every time Kaoru opens her mouth or looks at her hand. All I can think of now is how many time Reiichi's cock made contact with those places.
Uta made the right choice ditching that woman her brother already defiled multiple times.
Lots of fresh lesbian cakes out there.

Hahaha finally someone said it as it is xD Kudos

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Here's what we know:

• Reiichi (on his birthday) texts Kaoru and says that he's going to be out of town for an extra couple of days.
  • Kaoru calls Uta, who had been planning on staying over at Kuro's, and tearfully says she's lonely; Uta says she'll come home after work.
  • Kaoru goes out in the rain to get some groceries to make dinner; she sees a text from Reiichi and calls him, only to realize that Reiichi, who has just told her a few hours ago that he'll be out of town for a few more days, is walking with Risako on the street below.
  • She slips on the stairs and we later learn that she hits her head, fractures her leg (or ankle), and is hospitalized. (Chapter 10).

• In the hospital Reiichi starts to apologize for "the things happened during the accident," [Looks like a word missing there] when he realizes that Kaoru doesn't remember anything (as the doctor tells him, this memory loss turns out to be temporary).

• Later in the hospital, he gets a phone call, obviously from Risako to whom he says:

"Yeah, she's fine."
"Sorry, I made you worried."
"No, it's not your fault."
"Anyway, I'll tell you the details later."
"See you soon, bye."

• He then slams his phone against the wall, looks out morosely, and in a big black panel thinks, "What am I doing. . ." (Chap. 11)

• Risako comes to the hospital after visiting hours and talks to Uta, giving her a gift for Kaoru along with Karou's cellphone that she says she picked up at the scene of the accident. As Risako leaves, she thinks about Uta's affect, and thinks, "It wouldn't seem odd even if I were her sister at this moment."

The part with Risako could just be her thinking that Uta is cute and seems reliable, and things might have fallen out so that Risako had married Reiichi rather than Kaoru.

Reiichi's actions and later reactions, though, are much more difficult to explain away. It's true, even if there were an innocent explanation for his presence there with Risako, he might well gloss over it if he thought Kaoru didn't remember anything anyway--why bother with an excuse if you don't need one?

But the whole "What am I doing" thing looks bad. What is he doing, in relation to Risako? If the mangaka knows, we ain't being told.

If you claim to be out of town on a business trip for "a few extra days" on your birthday and later that day your spouse spots you with another person, one you used to date, well, . . .

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Entoma, that's a very messed-up and misogynistic thing to say

It’s like the opposite of misogynistic depending on how you interpret it lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

"Fresh lesbian cakes" is misogynistic.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Not to put too fine a point on it but that's an attitude primarily associated with the bridal virginity preoccupation of only too many patriarchal traditional societies (the two descriptors being nigh synonymous) - though historically it actually had more to do with inheritance issues than anything, it's not like most of those selfsame societies had any particular problems with widows etc. remarrying after all.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Magnetic posted:

damn kaoru you were almost there....
so turns out reichii wasnt cheating and everything was just kaoru’s overreacting?

Where do the people get the idea he isn't cheating?

Because Risako said they are just friends?

I didn't get anything either way from this interaction.

And that smile was surely not sincere at all, it's the smile of a woman who know she don't have anymore obstacles to make her relation with Reiichi going further. Uta is leaving and she well know that Kaoru isn't a threat at all for the moment. Just need Kaoru to snap back to reality and do something at least.

I feel that when risako goes to visit kaoru it won't be to comfort her...

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 4:55PM

joined Jul 26, 2019

Yeah, I have no idea where that particular leap of logic is coming from. We literally don't know what's going on between those two; all we have is some suspicious circumstances that can also have entirely innocent explanations.

And that smile was surely not sincere at all, it's the smile of a woman who know she don't have anymore obstacles to make her relation with Reiichi going further. Uta is leaving and she well know that Kaoru isn't a threat at all for the moment. Just need Kaoru to snap back to reality and do something at least.

And you've been reading too much Kodamawatching too many bad soaps. If nothing else we've never had any indication of Risako harboring any ill-will towards, I'll remind you, her old friend and frankly if she pulled something that legit hurt Kaoru Reiichi very likely would never forgive her for it; it bears repeating that whatever his other shortcomings might be the dude is nothing if not caring about the continued well-being of those around him.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch11#14

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch11#16
Still very suspicious all that, especially the fact that risako avoided seeing kaoru at the Hospital and even after....
No evidence but still, this woman who is hyper-careerist is the kind of person who knows how to hide her feelings, your intelligent but very deceitful.He lied to kaoru more and he is very often on business trips and often extends them at the last minute...
If it's a misunderstanding, everything will get better and kaoru and reii will return to the same type of couple as before... but that would be a little easy and would remove some drama.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 5:05PM

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Now i'm asking myself what will happen next?
Perhaps Kaoru will somehow find out (mayby thanks to Risako herself) that her husband cheat on her. Something tell me, that even if Reiichi is clear, Kaoru will break up with him, becouse of some reasons (after all they're not match for each other etc.), and our dear housewife will finally understend and appreacheate Uta's love etc, blah blah and they'll love each other ever after, living in Kaoru's sweet lesbian flat...

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

becouse of some reasons

You said that like cheating on her wasn't a reason enough to make her break up. Anybody who get cheat on by someone will mostly break up, it's not like it's something you can gloss over in this situation. It's not because you don't like this ending that you can say cheating is not a big reason to break up.

joined Jul 26, 2016

But the whole "What am I doing" thing looks bad. What is he doing, in relation to Risako? If the mangaka knows, we ain't being told.

If you claim to be out of town on a business trip for "a few extra days" on your birthday and later that day your spouse spots you with another person, one you used to date, well, . . .

TBF he could just be angry at himself for his only too obvious partial culpability in Kaoru's accident, and even if he's actually innocent of any wrongdoing I doth believe even he could readily work out the difficulty of clearing the only too apparent suspicions and explaining the circumstances without it coming across as a big steaming pile of dishonest horseshit...

And if he actually is as guilty as he managed to look like, well, he certainly had cause to kick himself over getting caught like a complete idiot.

In either case I doubt he was particularly happy about the elephant that just parked its fat gray ass in the middle of the living room; guilty or not the household certainly didn't need that kind of added tension and lingering suspicion.

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

plot twist Reiichi comes out as gay next chapter

I can see it now. He leaves her after imouto not watching.

joined Jul 26, 2019

Now i'm asking myself what will happen next?
Perhaps Kaoru will somehow find out (mayby thanks to Risako herself) that her husband cheat on her. Something tell me, that even if Reiichi is clear, Kaoru will break up with him, becouse of some reasons (after all they're not match for each other etc.), and our dear housewife will finally understend and appreacheate Uta's love etc, blah blah and they'll love each other ever after, living in Kaoru's sweet lesbian flat...

I buy this ^^
In any case, the small introduction of the air of nothing risako and uta is not insignificant. The author makes her enter the scene, is she a bitch or the different comments she makes about reii will make her the one who opens her eyes to kaoru? like "he was already cheating on you at school and he continues now, open your eyes kaoru ! ".

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

becouse of some reasons

You said that like cheating on her wasn't a reason enough to make her break up. Anybody who get cheat on by someone will mostly break up, it's not like it's something you can gloss over in this situation. It's not because you don't like this ending that you can say cheating is not a big reason to break up.

I have some feeling, that even if Reiichi will be totally innocent, they will end up in separation or something.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

becouse of some reasons

I have some feeling, that even if Reiichi will be totally innocent, they will end up in separation or something.

If he is cheating, he is not innocent at all no matter how you see it. Him not cheating is just a waste of the story, even if it's too convenient for the story. If he was not cheating we could have ended after Uta's leaving.

joined Jul 26, 2016

If he is cheating, he is not innocent at all no matter how you see it. Him not cheating is just a waste of the story, even if it's too convenient for the story. If he was not cheating we could have ended after Uta's leaving.

That's some painfully reductive lack of imagination.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

About what ? Just because he is guilty doesn't mean he is innocent from cheating and if he is not cheating then all it's left it's clear the misunderstanding.

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 6:04PM

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

Can't really decide who uselessness I hate more, Mei Aihara or Kaoru

joined Jul 26, 2016

About what ? Just because he is guilty doesn't mean he is innocent from cheating and if he is not cheating then all it's left it's clear the misunderstanding.

Was referring to the other literal two-thirds of that post. Not much of a storyteller, are you?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Was referring to the other literal two-thirds of that post. Not much of a storyteller, are you?

Writing is not really my forte.

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

Maybe it's not his/her native language

They deserve each other

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

I think Mei is more useless. Kaoru at least is not cold hearted bitch towards main hero.

They deserve each other

i think you judge her too harsh. Kaoru, unlike Mei, have already family and person who wants to love and protect, and she's not school teenager anymore. She looks at Ute more like little sister or even daughter, than a potential lover. Even if she would feel the same to Ute, as our protagonist to her, she stil have sooooo much to lose

last edited at Aug 8, 2019 6:21PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.