Forum › Hajimete Tanabiku discussion

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I'm not entirely sure what happened here. It seemed like a happy ending, but then it went back to nothing happened. Am I reading it wrong?

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

Its 2019 we don't have to make yuri like this anymore guys

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Yeah, the pacing of this is weird, and it's not obvious if things are in order or if there's some time skip hopping going on or something.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I don't mind non-vanilla with unhappy ending, but this is just too bland and too cliches even for its kind.

Dynasty%20icon
joined Nov 18, 2018

So the part where they're crying and about to confess, basically, was part of the story and didn't actually happen irl? That's what I got from it...

joined Jan 31, 2017

yuriwave got it right. The part that Beniko confesses was just what the main character wanted to happen in her life. However at the end she continues to live in the real world where she won’t act.

Wow this is a dark, I haven’t read something like this in a while!!

(Edit): I guess it’s not really dark but more depressing if anything.

last edited at Aug 5, 2019 11:54PM

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

girl if you're making an elaborate irl fanfiction about you and your best friend being gay then you are gay

38raccoons%20(1)%20-%20edited%20(1)
joined Dec 28, 2015

Yeah 18-26 is just all part of the story. I didn't it mind it honestly. I can use some angsty gay once in a while. Something about how salt makes your ice cream taste sweeter.

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Whether or not general attitudes have changed (in many countries it has not) people are still going to struggle with these sorts of issues.

Confessing your love can be hard enough when you are sure that your sexuality and theirs align. LGBTQ people have the added concern that not only they may not align but the other party may completely reject them for that being who they are.

Megumiakipfp%20zoom
joined May 1, 2019

It was an interesting twist, I think. When she asked her at the end if she read the new chapter, I had to stop for a second and go back before I figured it out. Not the happiest of endings, though.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

no depressing as fuck tag

joined May 24, 2014

Yes, we do!

joined Jul 31, 2013

Nooooo

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Yeah 18-26 is just all part of the story. I didn't it mind it honestly. I can use some angsty gay once in a while. Something about how salt makes your ice cream taste sweeter.

Yeah, this is the explanation. Notice on pages 25 and 26, they call each other by the names from the story.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Hm, the twist at the end needed to be made more clear. With the knowledge of what actually happened there I like the story, but it was rather confusing on a first read-through

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

I had to do a double take on the last few pages but, oh boy, this sure took an interesting twist.

last edited at Aug 6, 2019 12:29AM

DoctorStrangelove
System-shock-shodan-featured
joined Mar 22, 2018

Bruh

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Neat story but I think it needed more visual distinctiveness between the characters in the story and the characters in reality.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Bruh moment

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Neat story but I think it needed more visual distinctiveness between the characters in the story and the characters in reality.

I think the lack of distinctiveness is on purpose what with the MC's blatant denial of her own feelings/desires.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

I think the lack of distinctiveness is on purpose what with the MC's blatant denial of her own feelings/desires.

Yeah, it's intended to both show that and to intentionally confuse you. If they didn't make them identical, the twist wouldn't be as sudden when they say the names,

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Yeah, it's intended to both show that and to intentionally confuse you. If they didn't make them identical, the twist wouldn't be as sudden when they say the names,

Exactly.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Wow, this is surprisingly dark for an author that did the hilarious "Sunami Yuuko"

20180801_183554
joined Oct 7, 2017

Well, that really was an inception-style plot, but it just leaves me wondering, what really were her feelings? Did this ever happen to the author?

A mangaka drawing about an author/story writer who is gay for her best friend writing a story with real life characters as models where a playwright is gay for her best friend that wrote a play using her best friend as a model. Now the question is if the storywriter(Umikiri?) and Kasumi are based on real characters.

joined Jul 22, 2019

Yeah, this is the explanation. Notice on pages 25 and 26, they call each other by the names from the story.

Before the last two pages, I had thought Saku calling Kasumi "Sora" was a subtle admittance to Kasumi that she was using their lives as basis for the story, and that Kasumi replying, "Beniko" was her accepting both the situation and Saku's confession.

Was a really nice twist. Not saying this backhandedly at all, I'm glad the tags didn't have "depressing as fuck" and/or "wishful thinking". Really liked this one a lot.

To reply you must either login or sign up.