Forum › Citrus discussion

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Knowing Mei, she'll just doing anything Matsuri shoved to her after seeing that pic. Remember how she was resignedly play along with that arranged marriage in the earlier chapter.

joined Dec 12, 2013

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaas <3

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

damn you matsuri let them be happy or I'LL DESTROY YOU

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 5:17PM

joined Aug 13, 2014

This is one of those mangas I love, but where I hate a character I like.
I just hate how passive Mei is in the most ridiculus scenarios. It is so easy to win this for her, yet she does nothing. She could beat up Matsuri, take the phone and go to Yuzu with it to tell her that Matsuri tricked her into kissing her. If she just told her about the blackmail and right afterwards confesses her feelings, Yuzu probably be too happy to not belive her.

She could still save this by going to the date with Yuzu as a backup. I mean, ANY sensible human being would outraged at Matsuri for blackmailing Mei and more so for sending her on a forced date with some male/female creep. Even someone as retarded as Yuzu should be able to see that Matsuri is evil then.

She can only win this, but I'm afraid Mei has fallen victim to the Reputation-Syndrom, where an author tries to justify the sudden retardation of a smart character by acting as if wanting to safe your Reputation would suddenly make your brain incapable of coming up with a smart escape from the situation. OMG my reputation is at risk, obviously there is no other way to escape this situation than to do exactly what the blackmailer wants me to do!!

I just noticed how often this is used even in Western TV when I saw crime show today where one of the main characters pointed out how ridiculus those persons where being, as if the show was written by two authors and the second one made fun of the first one for using that stupid trope.

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 6:51PM

joined Aug 13, 2014

Knowing Mei, she'll just doing anything Matsuri shoved to her after seeing that pic. Remember how she was resignedly play along with that arranged marriage in the earlier chapter.

That's what scares me ;-;

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 8:35PM

!vanitas-emote-05
joined Jul 19, 2014

Beats Matsuri with shovel YUZU! GO SAVE YOUR SISTER/GIRLFRIEND ALREADY!

969153_636130159747876_1489078614_n
joined Apr 10, 2013

Fuck that bitch! If it wasn't for her awesome sadistic facial expression, I would've hated her already.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Guys, you need to keep in mind that Mei is passive because she wished to become the perfect japanese woman (pretty much a doormat) but Yuzu's influence has started to maker her more active so I doubt things will be that simple.

joined Jun 1, 2014

I... I love Matsuri. I love every character in Citrus, Mei and Yuzu are awesome. But Matsuri.. I don't know, I just love her so much.

joined Apr 20, 2014

Hurry,, next chapter,, i cnt handle for waiting,,

Okami Uploader
joined Aug 1, 2013

I... I love Matsuri. I love every character in Citrus, Mei and Yuzu are awesome. But Matsuri.. I don't know, I just love her so much.

Definitely in the minority there..

joined Feb 1, 2013

Wow, it's looking like we might have been wrong about Mei... Seriously, if she actually ends up going on that "date" and giving Yuzu to that fucking bitch, then I'm done with this manga. Mei doesn't take crap from any one, the fact that she didn't break the phone across Matsuri's face is such a let down.

At no time while reading this did I think "what this comic really needs is a manipulative bitch shoe-horned into to it as a way of forcing an unwelcome plot twist into it!" Seriously, fuck Matsuri, I'm sick of her crap- she cannot fuck off faster! This forced love rivalry bullshit is one of the reasons why Hollywood romances suuuck!!!

The ONLY way this could be salvaged if this is the impetus for Yuzu to get her act together and take a stand. Otherwise, if both Mei and Yuzu let themselves be jerked around by the Bitch, then I'm done!

joined Feb 1, 2013

I just hate how passive Mei is in the most ridiculus scenarios. It is so easy to win this for her, yet she does nothing. She could beat up Matsuri, take the phone and go to Yuzu with it to tell her that Matsuri tricked her into kissing her. If she just told her about the blackmail and right afterwards confesses her feelings, Yuzu probably be too happy to not belive her.

She could still save this by going to the date with Yuzu as a backup. I mean, ANY sensible human being would outraged at Matsuri for blackmailing Mei and more so for sending her on a forced date with some male/female creep. Even someone as retarded as Yuzu should be able to see that Matsuri is evil then.

She can only win this, but I'm afraid Mei has fallen victim to the Reputation-Syndrom, where an author tries to justify the sudden retardation of a smart character by acting as if wanting to safe your Reputation would suddenly make your brain incapable of coming up with a smart escape from the situation. OMG my reputation is at risk, obviously there is no other way to escape this situation than to do exactly what the blackmailer wants me to do!!

I just noticed how often this is used even in Western TV when I saw crime show today where one of the main characters pointed out how ridiculus those persons where being, as if the show was written by two authors and the second one made fun of the first one for using that stupid trope.

YES, thank you, finally someone else who's on the same wavelength as me! Amen brother!

joined Aug 10, 2012

Hurry,, next chapter,, i cnt handle for waiting,,

OMG!!! KILL HER ALRDY!!!

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

Yes new chapter! Noooo cliffhanger!!

Wednesday
joined Feb 28, 2013

This series has been slow and boring at times, but now suddenly went into maximum overdrive telenovela

joined Mar 23, 2013

Why is everybody pissed off over Citrus chap 11?
To me, the story is taking a hell of a plot twist from the original i-love-you-but-i-cant-love-you kind of thing.
Mei better do the smart thing and not go.
I’m terrified for her.

This plot twist is unoriginal though. Anyone who reads seinen/h-manga has seen this blackmail scenario a gazillion time.

I just hate how passive Mei is in the most ridiculus scenarios. It is so easy to win this for her, yet she does nothing. She could beat up Matsuri, take the phone and go to Yuzu with it to tell her that Matsuri tricked her into kissing her.

She could do this and it would not fix the non-reputation issue.

This still doesn't save the reputation.

True that getting in a bad situation where the potential to be rape/sexually/non-sexually assault is pretty bad. I give you that one.

Granted it's a trope you have to understand what's at stake here.

This is not simply about Mei's student council spot and her current reputation. This also hurts Gramps... Yeah I know he's a majorly inflexible old Japanese man that we all hate because "muh western values and FREEDOM" but Mei is loyal to him.
Now why is this important?

Let us remember what position he wants her to be in... In a few years after Uni. He wants her to start teaching and eventually be his successor does he not? Now let's say the photos are released, and even worse, she goes out saying she raped her. There is no need for a trial here, just the mere possibility that it's true is enough for people.

What does this mean concretely? Well I can totally tell you what it means. We're in Japan, ever heard how strong Parents association are? It only takes 1 single parent that says he or she is "concerned" about their "precious little daughter" security whilst in this school managed by this violent rapist lesbian director for everything to go kaboom. The pitchfork are coming and there's nothing anyone she can do to stop it. It's resigning time lady, also you better bow a gazillion time even if it's not your fault, welcome to Japan.

Truthfully if I was her, I'd do it, finally free of the obligation she has vis-avis her grandparent. But I don't think she'd see it this way.

joined Jul 5, 2014

Why is everybody pissed off over Citrus chap 11?
To me, the story is taking a hell of a plot twist from the original i-love-you-but-i-cant-love-you kind of thing.
Mei better do the smart thing and not go.
I’m terrified for her.

This plot twist is unoriginal though. Anyone who reads seinen/h-manga has seen this blackmail scenario a gazillion time.

I just hate how passive Mei is in the most ridiculus scenarios. It is so easy to win this for her, yet she does nothing. She could beat up Matsuri, take the phone and go to Yuzu with it to tell her that Matsuri tricked her into kissing her.

She could do this and it would not fix the non-reputation issue.

This still doesn't save the reputation.

True that getting in a bad situation where the potential to be rape/sexually/non-sexually assault is pretty bad. I give you that one.

Granted it's a trope you have to understand what's at stake here.

This is not simply about Mei's student council spot and her current reputation. This also hurts Gramps... Yeah I know he's a majorly inflexible old Japanese man that we all hate because "muh western values and FREEDOM" but Mei is loyal to him.
Now why is this important?

Let us remember what position he wants her to be in... In a few years after Uni. He wants her to start teaching and eventually be his successor does he not? Now let's say the photos are released, and even worse, she goes out saying she raped her. There is no need for a trial here, just the mere possibility that it's true is enough for people.

What does this mean concretely? Well I can totally tell you what it means. We're in Japan, ever heard how strong Parents association are? It only takes 1 single parent that says he or she is "concerned" about their "precious little daughter" security whilst in this school managed by this violent rapist lesbian director for everything to go kaboom. The pitchfork are coming and there's nothing anyone she can do to stop it. It's resigning time lady, also you better bow a gazillion time even if it's not your fault, welcome to Japan.

Truthfully if I was her, I'd do it, finally free of the obligation she has vis-avis her grandparent. But I don't think she'd see it this way.

I'm sorry, but your post doesn't really make much sense. Anyone with 1/2 of a brain would question why the 'victim' of said 'rape' (not sure how you can class a kiss as rape btw?) has a perfectly timed and staged photograph of the incident on her cell-phone. If anything, it looks like Matsuri is the offender with evidence like this...

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

hohoho, I wonder how long this battle will last...damn

joined Feb 19, 2013

Damn this manga became so boring since Yuzu friend(whatever her name is) showed up...

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

hohoho, I wonder how long this battle will last...damn

couple of chapters maybe.

speculating here, but I think Matsuri is going to use this "date" plus the other recordings/pictures to blackmail Mei. I keep wondering it Matsuri will publish this "evidence" for all to see under the assumption that it would cause Yuzu to turn from Mei or send only to Yuzu. More so, would she publish publically out of spite and with the intention of causing maximum damage?

Now if she does publish the pictures and/or any other "evidence" from this upcoming date, it would certainly cause embarrassment for Mei and most likely cause her to have to relinquish any positions of authority. That might be good for a Yuzu-Mei (YuMe) relationship as it would 1) release Mei from the chains of authority, 2) pull Yuzu even closer to Mei, and 3) prompt Yuzu to figure out why Mei was put in such a situation and who put her in that predictamemt. Finally, it might cause Mei to relax even more than she has over the last few chapters. Because as I have reread the last 3 chapters, I see that Mei's personality has improved 10-fold compared to the first 5 chapters. But then again, this is only specution on my part.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Anything could be solved if she just punched the bitch into the face, takes the phone and smashes it.

joined Apr 26, 2014

neeeeext!! !@$@#$@#

joined Apr 3, 2013

^This, pretty much.
I mean, I don't even understand what the big deal about the photo is.
Unless Mei is a person where she'd rather have sex with a stranger for pay than to... idk, stand up for herself? Or even, worst case scenario, get misunderstood by Yuzu, like what-

That was so stupid.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

The people who said Mei should just break Matsuri's phone and beat her ass, I facepalm you. I'm pretty sure Matsuri has already saved the photo on a computer, just waiting for the right time to leak it out to the internet. We, as readers, know the truth behind the photo. But to the people who weren't there and witness it, how can you be sure that they will side with Mei, and not everyone would be able to see that the photo was staged by Matsuri. If blackmailing was that easy to solve we wouldn't even have it as a problem. Getting off topic, even though Matsuri is still a middle school kid, keep in mind that many kids nowadays are fucked up and scarier than us when we were their age, so we can't consider Matsuri like a little brat.
So overall although I hate dramas, and this chapter seriously pissed me off at the end, I know Mei is too passive and that is her flaw as a person but everyone has flaws in reality. And even if she wants to fix this she wouldn't have enough time to think of a way to solve this. Well that's just my opinion anyway so who cares about what I think xD?
I DON'T WANT YUZU TO BE SAD

To reply you must either login or sign up.