Forum › Citrus discussion

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

Matsuri is a BITCH that added for drama.
But the question is how can Saburota get this BITCH out of there . And how this BITCH make this love stronger and tighter. Now I gotta wait for over a month again to see the answer ...

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 2:23AM

Underoneroof
joined Jan 17, 2014

Why? Why? Why? I wonder why?

Eraser-for-really-big-mistakes
joined Jul 21, 2013

Come on the series isn't that bad

joined Mar 23, 2013

People take a chill pill. The fact you're pissed off at the end of this chapter is a sign that the manga is good, not bad.

While it's true that being emotionally involved to the point of being quite happy or sad/angry is a sign that a work is connecting with the reader it doesn't mean that a person can't be angry and that the content is objectively bad or good.

Take for example this site, everytime there's signs of rape/sexual assault/forced stuff/(Insert any sort of non-vanilla stuff) a large of individual are quite vocal about the fact that this disgust them or makes feel uncomfortable/angry. This has nothing to do with the quality of the content, but because they dislike this particular kind of storytelling they'll boycott the content.

A girl friend I know doesn't like violence/violent content, and do not watch any TV/Movie that features some of it ( basically she watches almost nothing because LOLVIOLENCE is everywhere. Her getting angry after not being warned about violence doesn't mean the stuff is bad, she's just very anal about some things.

Back to manga, in the later part of the 60s and 70s shonen/seinen author started doing a lot of "anti-hero" stuff. Go Nagai's Devilman and spin-offs, Tezuka Osamu's Jack, Ashita no Joe, etc... Not only were stories dark, protag were anti-hero, and a lot of the times, they were downright what someone would consider an "evil" person.

Same thing happened in the shoujo world. The 70s in shoujo was a lot of VERY VERY melodramatic. It was also the start of a lot of "forbidden love" ( yuri and yaoi ) and these always ended up in tragedy. A lot of historical pieces in which the "bitch" in almost every single work was such a caricature of the archetype.

They would go to such an extent to hurt the MC ( killing family members, financial ruin, burning property etc ) that you could not help but feel so much anger. But is it good storytelling or is it merely just very crude shock value? How did they even get away with it? Most of it was the latter, this was a big experimentational period for mangaka in general branching out of what was the established "norm" in storytelling.

TL;DR You can't just say Drama is successful and good if it illicit an emotion out of you. There's good drama and then there's bad drama , which netizens have been calling it "forced drama" recently. Although this also tricky because it has evolved into an umbrella term for "all things I don't like in a story".

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 2:59AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Thing is, everyone is focusing on the wrong aspect of this chapter. Mei has finally accepted her feelings for Yuzu and is (on her own clumsy way) acting on them, Matsuri on the other hand is way over her head since the bond between Yuzu and Mei has proved to be more solid and true that any other bond she severed before (you can see she's breaking down when confronting Mei) and so, I'm sure her plan will backfire on her pretty badly.

And again, is pretty odd to have everyone so worked out over this, just take it easy and wait until this story arc is finished.

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Wow. This is easily the most "blue cheese" manga on this site. That is to say its very "love it or hate it."

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

I find it funny because many people are mad at Matsuri while in fact, I'm mad at Mei for not doing anything against it, she is being completely manipulated and doesn't do shit against it.

I dunno, if the pic is the problem then snatch away her phone and smash it nice into the ground or at least discuss this with Yuzu, if you let people walk all over you, you're not going anywhere.

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 5:22AM

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

I find it funny because many people are mad at Matsuri while in fact, I'm mad at Mei for not doing anything against it, she is being completely manipulated and doesn't do shit against it.

I dunno, if the pic is the problem then snatch away her phone and smash it nice into the ground or at least discuss this with Yuzu, if you let people walk all over you, you're not going anywhere.

This. Give her a slap and walk away..or ...SOMETHING

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

I didn't realize how much I missed Citrus until we didn't get frequent updates anymore. But thank you guys for all your hard work <3

The beginning was super cute...but then little middle schooler had to ruin it lol. Is Mei going to get raped in the new chapter or something....because Yuzu better swoop in and kick some ass in the next chapter then.
Also I'm curious, how is Mei the president when she's in her first year of high school???

I dunno, if the pic is the problem then snatch away her phone and smash it nice into the ground or at least discuss this with Yuzu

Well if I was Matsuri, I would have extra copies so breaking the phone won't solve anything lol. AND I think that Mei is still not used to talking about her problems....(even tho Yuzu is trying to slowly make Mei open up to her). So I wasn't very surprised by her actions.

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 6:39AM

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Mei better not go on that set-up date -_-;;;

joined Jul 5, 2014

I didn't realize how much I missed Citrus until we didn't get frequent updates anymore. But thank you guys for all your hard work <3

The beginning was super cute...but then little middle schooler had to ruin it lol. Is Mei going to get raped in the new chapter or something....because Yuzu better swoop in and kick some ass in the next chapter then.
Also I'm curious, how is Mei the president when she's in her first year of high school???

I dunno, if the pic is the problem then snatch away her phone and smash it nice into the ground or at least discuss this with Yuzu

Well if I was Matsuri, I would have extra copies so breaking the phone won't solve anything lol. AND I think that Mei is still not used to talking about her problems....(even tho Yuzu is trying to slowly make Mei open up to her). So I wasn't very surprised by her actions.

Her grandfather is the chairman of the school.
And if I recall, that school uses an elevator system, meaning that all students there are apart of the same school beginning from elementary. So, technically, being a first year shouldn't make a difference...I think?

The tags used for the next chapter will decide if I read it or not XD
I'll pray that they don't include het/rape

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 7:12AM

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

Be it, but if breaking her phone would make Matsuri even a little angry that would be enough and maybe she is not yet used to open herself to others but that would also mean that she usually solves her problems by herself and here she is simply standing by, not doing anything.

Let's not forget she is the student council president, that means that she is at the very least hardworking and strong-willed, more than every student in the school, yet she seems kind of ... weak ?

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 7:27AM

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Wow, talk about cliche. The author has written one of the most overused "drama" scenarios of ecchi manga ever. Blackmailing the girl in the main pairing into sleeping with some pervert using a piece of leverage that can be easily refuted by sitting down and explaining it or reporting it to an adult/police officer. And of course, the girl always chooses to go through with it. It's not intense, interesting and it's not suspenseful. It's plain STUPID and makes the characters out to be complete morons. It's next to the other stupid trope of having the main girl of an romantic ecchi manga raped by an asshole whose name and face she knows. What idiot would rape someone that knows their face and name? Well I guess it works out since that rape victim never reports it either. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Mono_a_2kmc
joined Jul 1, 2014

Waa, c'mon! >_< The plot becomes sucks with every new chapter, gosh. It's not interesting because ridiculous. What a great manga it was in the beginning. Sensei-sama must gonna do something with that.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Wow, talk about cliche. The author has written one of the most overused "drama" scenarios of ecchi manga ever. Blackmailing the girl in the main pairing into sleeping with some pervert using a piece of leverage that can be easily refuted by sitting down and explaining it or reporting it to an adult/police officer. And of course, the girl always chooses to go through with it. It's not intense, interesting and it's not suspenseful. It's plain STUPID and makes the characters out to be complete morons. It's next to the other stupid trope of having the main girl of an romantic ecchi manga raped by an asshole whose name and face she knows. What idiot would rape someone that knows their face and name? Well I guess it works out since that rape victim never reports it either. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I agree with all of this except the last point. The majority of rapes are by someone the victim knows. But like you said, it's rarely reported, and it's even more rare to get a successful conviction.

I love/hate this manga. Ugh.

Makiko
joined May 1, 2014

Ugh. This is killing me!!! Dx

palakangorange
Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

Mei you shoud read "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu!! Or I'd like to think this is your counter-attack strategy:

All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near . . . Engage people with what they expect; it is what they are able to discern and confirms their projections. It settles them into predictable patterns of response, occupying their minds while you wait for the extraordinary moment — that which they cannot anticipate.”

Going by this is my only way of hoping you'll be doing the right thing, for it's about goddamn time you do.

joined Jun 5, 2014

i don't mind 3 some . .or 4 some

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 10:13AM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

A note about everyone who replies saying how bad this manga is:

In the service industry it is a well known fact that if people don't like something, they are more likely to complain about it than for people who do like something, to praise it. That is to say, when we are happy, we feel no need to bother with mentioning it to the company/product creator/whomever. (Some people do, but the majority don't.)

And when I look around at other series that are just as long as this one and see only a couple hundred reviews versus the 1100+ this one has, I have to say that the complainers dost protest too much. 1100 reviews... and you have to think that probably 4/5 people who read this aren't even bothering to type anything here. And let's say that of those 1100 it is only about 300 people who are doing the talking, that's still probably over 1000 people who read this and, if it is correct that they enjoy it and don't feel the need to say anything, then that is a lot of people who like this manga.

If you don't like it, fine.
Want to share your opinion why you don't like it, fine.

But some of you are trying so hard to try to convince people not to read it that it is kind of like all the people who hate Twilight fans and Twilight books. They're there. People like them. Deal with it. And ----move on----.

No more of my time devoted to this, I just want to pop in and say I love this manga. Please keep up the translations!

EDIT:
I just want to add, that what makes you all think Matsuri set up Mei with a guy? She knows Mei's proclivities and tastes. My money is on another woman.

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 10:52AM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

Anyway, I hope Mei's not dumb enough to really go and meet the "internet friend" as opposed to talking it out with Yuzu and explaining things rationally. "I just wanted to.. Uhm.. Take back your lips..!!"

Lmao, that's precisely why she hasn't talked to Yuzu about it yet. I wouldn't want to have to explain something so stupid either!

8101_kanna_heart
joined Apr 7, 2013

Really...Ugh. This chapter got me irritated, there are so many better ways to go than that, ugh why author...why do you have to use giant soap opera cliche

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

A note about everyone who replies saying how bad this manga is:

In the service industry it is a well known fact that if people don't like something, they are more likely to complain about it than for people who do like something, to praise it. That is to say, when we are happy, we feel no need to bother with mentioning it to the company/product creator/whomever. (Some people do, but the majority don't.)

And when I look around at other series that are just as long as this one and see only a couple hundred reviews versus the 1100+ this one has, I have to say that the complainers dost protest too much. 1100 reviews... and you have to think that probably 4/5 people who read this aren't even bothering to type anything here. And let's say that of those 1100 it is only about 300 people who are doing the talking, that's still probably over 1000 people who read this and, if it is correct that they enjoy it and don't feel the need to say anything, then that is a lot of people who like this manga.

If you don't like it, fine.
Want to share your opinion why you don't like it, fine.

But some of you are trying so hard to try to convince people not to read it that it is kind of like all the people who hate Twilight fans and Twilight books. They're there. People like them. Deal with it. And ----move on----.

No more of my time devoted to this, I just want to pop in and say I love this manga. Please keep up the translations!

EDIT:
I just want to add, that what makes you all think Matsuri set up Mei with a guy? She knows Mei's proclivities and tastes. My money is on another woman.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I activally stay away from this comment thread for a reason, but this chapter envoked so negative responses towards the blackmail I had to say something. It's been done 1001 times in the past (in manga/anime/hentai) and while people are sick of it, it's like a necessary evil to help bring Yuzu and Mei closer together. They're just mad cause the tropes been beaten to death with a horse. Come on, it's a yuri, what did you expect? Sunshine and rainbows shooting out their behinds? XD

Though someone did mention this artist do a collab with Jin. I think the universe would explode if that happened. . .

Komomojpg
joined Aug 6, 2014

No one here is really trying to persuade anyone not to read the manga, this is one of the best Yuri ongoing serie and it has a lot of potential but we've been going in circles for several chapters now and the forced drama on this last chapter is damn boring and stupid.

This is stupid because Mei can only win against Matsuri but she doesn't do a thing.
Either she confront Matsuri and tell everything to Yuzu or she simply ignores Matsuri and has Christmas with Yuzu.

And in the case Matsuri would show the picture to Yuzu, what would happen ?
Yuzu would for sure believe Mei and in the case she wouldn't she would still notice how OBVIOUS this is a fake, the two kissing in a deserted parking yet someone here took the picture and gave it to Matsuri.

So yeah, the scenario has some annoying flaws.

last edited at Aug 13, 2014 1:12PM

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

i don't mind 3 some . .or 4 some

That people, is how you enjoy it. Don't fight. Make love, not war.

joined Aug 13, 2014

Why is everybody pissed off over Citrus chap 11?

To me, the story is taking a hell of a plot twist from the original i-love-you-but-i-cant-love-you kind of thing.

It’s gotten to full on blackmail, and Mei wanting to protect her reputation as student council president and Yuzu —- I mean really, she kissed a middle school girl who’s criminally obsessed with her former babysitter—- she may just go through with what Matsuri has offered, and that scares me.

Matsuri is setting her up on a date with an ‘internet friend’ as she put it, and I’m sure as hell it isn’t going to be happy sunshine and rainbows.

I can only imagine the hell Mei is going to go through in the next chapter if she actually decides to go to that meeting to protect her reputation. I hope she brings a friend or Yuzu for backup…. but I doubt that.

Mei likes to do things by herself, and Matsuri being the twisted psycho she is, knows this. That’s why this is a perfect opportunity to ship Mei away to one of her equally twisted internet buds while threatening to ruin her reputation if she doesn’t. (Friendly reminder that Matsuri’s internet friends are perverts that like to watch ‘her’ masturbate on camera, as she said when she was first introduced.) And after 5+ chapters of student council stuff, we all know how important Mei’s reputation is to her.

Mei better do the smart thing and not go.

I’m terrified for her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.