Forum › White Rose Week 2019 discussion

joined Apr 19, 2015

Uh, this isn't Kuma. It's by https://newnagasawa.tumblr.com/

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Aw, this was super adorable. Also their English is really good (assuming English isn't their first language), though the font chosen seems a bit awkward.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I love white rose week ;__;

joined Jul 8, 2016

Ah yes, the only reason that I keep up with RWBY, a ship that has like a .001% chance of happening.

Kill
joined Mar 20, 2019

love this ship so much

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Ah yes, the only reason that I keep up with RWBY, a ship that has like a .001% chance of happening.

Although White Rose IS best ship, by a distance, (spoilers for an upcoming novel) Crosshares and especially Bumblebee have s decent to high chance of happening and they're both good ships.

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

Nice Weiss topping Ruby

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I like this ship so much SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH that I'm scared of keep watching the series, I'm serious, when I Saw Yang and Blake together during the last season, I wasn't really happy... I was thinking "If these girls get together then there's no way White Rose is gonna happen too! oh noo noooooooo" and at this point I'm just praying they leave it open or they stay as team at least, please don't give me a het ending, not with the new kid who has 0 charisma and specially not with Jaune, please revive his waifu so I can sleep peacefully again.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I like this ship so much SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH that I'm scared of keep watching the series, I'm serious, when I Saw Yang and Blake together during the last season, I wasn't really happy... I was thinking "If these girls get together then there's no way White Rose is gonna happen too! oh noo noooooooo" and at this point I'm just praying they leave it open or they stay as team at least, please don't give me a het ending, not with the new kid who has 0 charisma and specially not with Jaune, please revive his waifu so I can sleep peacefully again.

It's so sad that we're systematically conditioned to only expect 1 gay couple in a show ever. It's like a bad math question, when one LGBT+ character shows up, the probability of character being LGBT+ decreases, when in reality it's like not mutually exclusive.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yeah, because I would have to admit, it would be overkill considering we have Blake's friend confirmed 100% lesbian, we have Jaune's sister confirmed 100% lesbian with a wife and now Yang x Blake is super strong...But my love for this specific ship is so deep that I've reached the point of feeling that I would be better off dropping it now and just save myself from a broken heart.

Also I forgot to mention but this doujin is super cute! thanks for translating!

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

Yeah, because I would have to admit, it would be overkill considering we have Blake's friend confirmed 100% lesbian, we have Jaune's sister confirmed 100% lesbian with a wife and now Yang x Blake is super strong...But my love for this specific ship is so deep that I've reached the point of feeling that I would be better off dropping it now and just save myself from a broken heart.

Also I forgot to mention but this doujin is super cute! thanks for translating!

Look, if I was writing a show or a book, I'd make them all gay xD

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Look, if I was writing a show or a book, I'd make them all gay xD

This is the objectively correct way to write anything

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

day 5
| |l
|| |_

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

She won't let her sleep tonight. Or any night. Coffee is scary.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I hope they get together in the end :( they have so much chemistry and no one could complain if they actually got together like Bumblebee.

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 5:13AM

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I think it's still going strong, given the interactions they had last season. tho tbh I'm just happy people are still making doujins, I was beginning to feel like the artistic side of the fandom had lost steam

re: multiple gay ships - I'm choosing to be optimistic that one gay pair means another won't happen. I mean, the show's only gotten more explicitly queer over the last two seasons. I think Saphron and Terra were made gay to signal that Ilia wasn't the end of the gay train. (and although the canonicity of the doujin collections isn't sturdy, Scarlet practically describes himself as gay in one of them)

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 9:31AM

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016
Rsz_42769640_big_p3
joined Mar 20, 2019

Bless nagasawa for this godly shipp~

This made my day

GetOffMyGrass
Da13268b-f483-49a8-b964-c1a7a08ba158
joined Mar 30, 2018

day 5
| |l
|| |_

Attention citizen, You have officially been declared a heretic of the highest order for referencing the forbidden comic.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

day 5
| |l
|| |_

Attention citizen, You have officially been declared a heretic of the highest order for referencing the forbidden comic.

... I don't get it.

GetOffMyGrass
Da13268b-f483-49a8-b964-c1a7a08ba158
joined Mar 30, 2018

day 5
| |l
|| |_

... I don't get it.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/loss

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Smart Girl.

joined Oct 2, 2014

A lot of people i know keep telling me that this ship is either dead or dying, and i honestly need some reassurance because this ship is what got me into RWBY and i don't want to see it die.

I wouldn't say that the ship is dead, the last volume gave us a few White Rose moments but were overshadowed by Bumblebee that had a stronger focus, if I'm being optimistic I believe they are trying to give us more interactions between Ruby and Weiss so when it happens people can't go around saying that they are forcing the ship like they are doing with Bumblebee.

I could go on a rant about how this ship could happen, but that would probably be annoying.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

If I'm being optimistic I believe they are trying to give us more interactions between Ruby and Weiss so when it happens people can't go around saying that they are forcing the ship like they are doing with Bumblebee.

I've dropped RWBY for a while now, but I checked out a few places once I heard Bumblebee got some love thrown their way, and oh boy was the backlash intense as fuck. And the thing is I can't even fault most of them for being annoyed. If the writers' writing capabilities are anything like the time I dropped them, I knew instinctively that they probably just dove head first into making them endup together without even properly building them up from previous seasons because they were so busy with their myth arc and making Jaune super important because he's their poster boy (ironic for a show called RWBY).

I've always loved WR but I couldn't stand seeing them being written so poorly (and would probably end up in het ships because reasons) so the show is as good as dead to me.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

kirakazumi posted:

If I'm being optimistic I believe they are trying to give us more interactions between Ruby and Weiss so when it happens people can't go around saying that they are forcing the ship like they are doing with Bumblebee.

I've dropped RWBY for a while now, but I checked out a few places once I heard Bumblebee got some love thrown their way, and oh boy was the backlash intense as fuck. And the thing is I can't even fault most of them for being annoyed. If the writers' writing capabilities are anything like the time I dropped them, I knew instinctively that they probably just dove head first into making them endup together without even properly building them up from previous seasons because they were so busy with their myth arc and making Jaune super important because he's their poster boy (ironic for a show called RWBY).

I've always loved WR but I couldn't stand seeing them being written so poorly (and would probably end up in het ships because reasons) so the show is as good as dead to me.

Is not actually forced into the viewers suddenly, their final scene can even be taken as super nakama moment and not lovers. They just had them being apart from each other with a very complicated relationship of guilt and stuff until they finally get together and open themselves to each other so it's very endearing to see them fix their broken team... Because from s3 ending to s6 it was R W Y B and not RWBY but I understand why you dropped this, s4 was imo very boring, s5 they had Ruby stay in a house....for like 8 episodes!! and then finally s6 was good.

I guess the backlash comes from Monty Oun (deceased creator of RWBY) saying that he's didn't had plans for romance and RT is just "ruining the legacy" or some people think they're making them lover just for pandering.

PS: IF you want good writing, I recommend reading the new adaptation of RWBY in manga by Bunta Kinami, and do not confuse it because previously Shirow Miwa made a manga of rwby too but it ended with only 12 chapters with a made up ending.

Bunta adaptation is so great that it makes you feel like you're watching a more serious or focused take on the series, it gives you the "This is how it should've been" feeling.

last edited at Jun 23, 2019 9:17PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.