Forum › The Last Uniform discussion

[anon]_zoku_sayonara_zetsubou_sensei_-_06_[ef044889].mkv_snapshot_14.45_[2013.11.19_22.41.04]
joined Oct 24, 2013

That's okay. I think finishing volume 3 is what you should do without a doubt. As for the first two volumes, that must feel bad, scanlating them knowing that an english version has already been released. At least you could use them as reference points, I suppose (if you have access to them). Or maybe the second edition makes it worth it, if there are any changes or extra content.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I did buy the English releases a while back, that's where the volume 1 and 2 summaries came from, as well as part of how I ended up deciding to scanlate volume 3. The second edition doesn't seem to have been changed, but it does have new bonus material, as well as new 20 page specials and a new afterword in each of the two volumes.

The chapters are short and fast to do, so right now, I'm leaning toward working them into my schedule as I get to them. Since they were previously published, I would take a bare-bones approach, that is skip time consuming redraws, omit outside quality checks (I'd still check quality myself) and the like. With that each chapter would probably be very fast to get out.

[anon]_zoku_sayonara_zetsubou_sensei_-_06_[ef044889].mkv_snapshot_14.45_[2013.11.19_22.41.04]
joined Oct 24, 2013

I'm sure lots of people would appreciate your scanlation of it, myself included.

Thanks for all your work as usual. You're a pretty great person.

1925350_779211698766510_1855847839_n
joined Aug 7, 2014

AH! So excited! Finally found the third volume. It has been too long T.T and I can finally have that closure with this manga. But I gotta re-read the first two volumes first! Exciting!

1925350_779211698766510_1855847839_n
joined Aug 7, 2014

I did buy the English releases a while back, that's where the volume 1 and 2 summaries came from, as well as part of how I ended up deciding to scanlate volume 3. The second edition doesn't seem to have been changed, but it does have new bonus material, as well as new 20 page specials and a new afterword in each of the two volumes.

The chapters are short and fast to do, so right now, I'm leaning toward working them into my schedule as I get to them. Since they were previously published, I would take a bare-bones approach, that is skip time consuming redraws, omit outside quality checks (I'd still check quality myself) and the like. With that each chapter would probably be very fast to get out.

Thanks for the work. Very much appreciated. I have the first two volumes as well but that's just cool of you to work to have it for everyone. And I have not started reading the third volume yet, cause I wanna re-read the first two again, but I'm guessing the third volume is not done with just Ch.28.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Still waiting on this to be finished before i can read it or my vol 1 & 2 i had to import second hand from some obscure american sites :)

Anyone know how many more chapters to go?

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Still waiting on this to be finished before i can read it or my vol 1 & 2 i had to import second hand from some obscure american sites :)

8 more plus extras.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_last_uniform_ch29#15

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

8 more plus extras.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_last_uniform_ch29#15

Lol- thanks :) since im holding off reading it yet i hadnt seen that.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Thanks for ch. 29! I thought it was pretty interesting too. Tamami's character profile at the start of the volume is rather unflattering so it was a rather fresh being treated to her perspective.

I'm not familiar with the first two volumes at all but don't really have a problem just jumping in with what you've released with vol. 3. Of course I'll look forward to going over the first two volumes once you get around to that as well.

Gorgeous%20ruka
joined Jan 13, 2014

How bold of her to say that and she was called a pervert after....lol ^^

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

lol, Kisaragi is a hoot! her declaration of love for Beniko reminds me of a scene from "Crazy, Stupid, Love" where the son of Steve Carell's character announces his love for his next door neighbor at his middle school graduation.

but let's be fair, Kisaragi isn't a pervert. She is just overly infatuated with Beniko ;-)

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

but let's be fair, Kisaragi isn't a pervert. She is just overly infatuated with Beniko ;-)

You might be right, but here are some of the things she's done in the first two volumes. (If you read the summaries in chapter 25, you'll see most of those things) Tried to force Beniko to agree to date her if she won the marathon. Went through Beniko's trash on the morning of valentines day and got into a fist fight with Tsumugi when Tsumugi caught her at it. Stalked Beniko that same day to see who she gave chocolate to (Tsumugi did too). Made the claim that she always knows were Beniko is.Forced a kiss onto Beniko after accidentally (apparently) pushing her down. That will do for a start. It seems she is a kind person, but she does get awfully carried away over Beniko, and I'm not at all certain that she stands clear of the pervert label because of that (though I probably wouldn't have called her that).

joined Apr 15, 2011

You might be right, but here are some of the things she's done in the first two volumes. (If you read the summaries in chapter 25, you'll see most of those things) Tried to force Beniko to agree to date her if she won the marathon. Went through Beniko's trash on the morning of valentines day and got into a fist fight with Tsumugi when Tsumugi caught her at it. Stalked Beniko that same day to see who she gave chocolate to (Tsumugi did too). Made the claim that she always knows were Beniko is.Forced a kiss onto Beniko after accidentally (apparently) pushing her down. That will do for a start. It seems she is a kind person, but she does get awfully carried away over Beniko, and I'm not at all certain that she stands clear of the pervert label because of that (though I probably wouldn't have called her that).

I'll have to get or try to get vols. 1 and 2. thanks for filling me in :-)

X
joined Feb 8, 2014

I got so lucky and found a good used Volume 1 for 4 bucks (8 with shipping) online. I haven't touched it yet though because I didn't want to torture myself as Volume 2 was like 60 bucks. I patiently waited 3 months and to my surprise, I found a good used Volume 2 for 9 bucks (13 shipping) and it's on the way now. Can't wait to read it. The reviews make this series look promising.

joined Feb 19, 2013

Art is ugly, kind of hard to enjoy a series when i don't like the art like this :(

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Wait, chapter one? IS THIS REAL LIFE?

I don't have any problems with the art.

joined Apr 15, 2011

Wait, chapter one? IS THIS REAL LIFE?

I don't have any problems with the art.

don't question it. just go with that flow bro.

joined Sep 16, 2014

~IT BEGINS~

Thanks FBY, I was waiting for the 1st and 2nd volume before i started this.

joined Sep 20, 2014

Thank you very much. Finally can read 1st chapter. XD

joined Apr 15, 2011

Aaaaaargh! I'm lost :-(

How did Ai-chan fall in love with Fuu-chan? I know chapter 25 states that Ai-chan confessed to Fuu-chan, but ...

OK, that's it. I'm boycotting until chapter's 2-24 get uploaded. *grrrrrrrrr*

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

You can't just start a manga 25 chapters in. I was waiting for chapter two. fuck logic.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I'll say again, Fly by Yuri started with chapter 25 because the first two volumes had already been released in English by Seven Seas. Now that Seven Seas has made clear it no longer holds the English license (and the books are relatively hard to come by), I'm going back to do the first two volumes as well, but I'm also continuing with volume 3. Since the first two have already been published in English, they are not my priority. Never the less, I'll probably be releasing chapter 2 shortly, but chapter 32 is coming first.

For those waiting for the earlier chapters. I am planning on devoting more time to them than I have been, so chapters from volumes 1 and 2 will probably start coming out fairly regularly now.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 110: "It's I lie that I wanted her to smile." shouldnt that be "It's a lie"?

joined Apr 15, 2011

For those waiting for the earlier chapters. I am planning on devoting more time to them than I have been, so chapters from volumes 1 and 2 will probably start coming out fairly regularly now.

hey YG, thank you for all the hard work you are putting in. this is just frustration on our part, and none of the venting is aimed at you nor should it be.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

pg 110: "It's I lie that I wanted her to smile." shouldnt that be "It's a lie"?

Ah... I try hard to avoid this kind of error, but I still make them from time to time. Thanks very much for catching many of these errors for me. It's fixed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.