Forum › Kyou Kara Yonshimai discussion

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

The first chapter was a little hard to read with all the girls this, boys that thing. It's like the author tried very hard to establish ground for the issue of transexuality with really unnatural conversations. The author even goes out of his way to demonstrate de difference between boys and girls by having Sakura expose a little too much skin every now and then... oh wait, that's just fanservice.
Ouzumi... so far he's more an idiot than a villain. The guy tried to score some points with the girl he liked by trying to make what he consider his rival in love look bad, but it ended up backfiring on him quite hard. I don't think he will end up like that retard from Lemonade... or I could be wrong, and he's the token male character whose there to make a rape attempt at some point to stir the drama and the angs in the series. Hopefully his hormones will not get the best of him again.

last edited at Jul 31, 2014 12:24AM

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

Guys, I think you can calm down about the boob grab. To me, it looks pretty obvious that it was completely accidental. He didn't continue or do anything he shouldn't have. To view Uozumi as some sort of bad guy because he touched a certain part of Sakura's chest by accident is ridiculous. C'mon, we were all that awkward in high school.

And guys, keep in mind that our progressive views on sexuality and gender here at Dynasty Scans are not those of the mainstream. For Japan, that is especially true. In fact, I would wager that the view Uozumi expresses toward transsexuals is the prevailing one in Japan.

http://www.advocate.com/news/2006/04/01/transgender-politician-finds-japan-more-accepting

Not really, in Japan you can easily change your gender on your birth record. Here, most states won't allow trans* people to change their birth certificates, and they make it extremely difficult here in the states for trans* people to even begin HRT or gender correction surgery.

And the linked article is from 2006, Japan has gotten more progressive since then, electing openly TG politicians, there here in the US the SCotUS is making it easier to discriminate against transgender people.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Kashiwa is the 4th sister.. Thus the transexual tag. Kinda hard to miss that .-.

Well this is awkward. In chapter 1, Sakura is woken up and then it transitions to the 4 sisters eating breakfast together. Being the dumb me, I didn't realize it was a cover page, not really part of the story lol....

This page
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kyou_kara_yonshimai_ch01#7

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

By the way, is it just me, or in the last two pages, did he develop some interest in her big boobed sister (former brother)?

I think that's exactly where this is headed and I don't like it ;_;

Look at the bright side, at least he'll have the chance to stop being judgemental and rude :\

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

"wanting to be a girl even though he is a guy" fuck you dude, just fuck you, i hate this asshole already (if you are wondering where this ooc rage came from i used to be a man myself)

By the way, is it just me, or in the last two pages, did he develop some interest in her big boobed sister (former brother)?

I think that's exactly where this is headed and I don't like it ;_;

I'm more ok with this than i by all rights should be

Gonna add this to my follow list and see where this goes, minor nitpick, its obvious her sister is transgender not transsexual so might want to change that tag

last edited at Jul 31, 2014 11:34AM

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

Sorry, if my question offend anyone, but what is the different between transgender and transexual..?

I don't hate the guy for the kissing and boob grab, but I do dislike how he said that the sister is disgusting for wanting to be herself.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Sorry, if my question offend anyone, but what is the different between transgender and transexual..?

I don't hate the guy for the kissing and boob grab, but I do dislike how he said that the sister is disgusting for wanting to be herself.

Transsexual means someone who dresses in womens clothing (or vice versa) but still identifies as a man but does its because they get some sort of sexual or personal gratification from it, hence the sexual part.

Transgender is someone who is one sex but identifies as another gender due to the way their brain and body developed, usually transgender people will get a sex change to the other sex.

joined Mar 18, 2013

Actually, there's no real difference between transsexual and transgender. The definition you use for transsexual is actually transvestite or crossdresser. "Transsexual" has fallen out of use however, since it's a bit archaic and was coined by confused doctors who thought it was a sexuality ("you must be just really really gay!"). Transgender is the word generally used now, shortened as trans. Examples: Transgender woman. Trans woman. Trans guy. etc.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Transsexual means someone who dresses in womens clothing (or vice versa) but still identifies as a man but does its because they get some sort of sexual or personal gratification from it, hence the sexual part.

That's actually what used to be called "transvestite" and is more commonly known today as "cross dresser". The former is a pretty old-fashioned term for it though. Transsexual was (and to a degree still is) a medical term for someone with Gender Identity Disorder, although the last few years has seen Transgender become the preferred term.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

That's actually what used to be called "transvestite" and is more commonly known today as "cross dresser". The former is a pretty old-fashioned term for it though. Transsexual was (and to a degree still is) a medical term for someone with Gender Identity Disorder, although the last few years has seen Transgender become the preferred term.

eh i keep hearing conflicting things on the wording tbh

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

eh i keep hearing conflicting things on the wording tbh

The only conflict I've seen in recent years has had to do with whether transgender covered crossdressers or not, since for a long time it was an umbrella term for any gender variance. Transsexual as a term has been relatively stable by comparison.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

from the ppl of Ebisu-san and Hotei-san? :o
Guess I'll see where this goes...

Sup with the lack of respect for other ppl's personal space in this manga? xD

joined Nov 30, 2011

x10 about the Uozumi hate. Guy's a total dick.

Or maybe he'll just be a dick forever and never learn anything like the guy from Lemonade :(
I'm going to scratch my eyes out if that happens -_-... (which it had better not).

And thanks for the interesting tidbits about the wording. I had always thought Transgendered was for people who identified themselves as being of the other sex. On the other hand, transsexual was about dressing in clothes the other sex is mostly identified with wearing. And, I always thought transvestite was a term for people who had developed the sex organs of both sexes. I learned about their meanings in a sex ed class a few years ago but to this day, I still get them mixed up.

L8nis5h
joined Jun 26, 2014

When in doubt, just use the literal definitions of the parts of complex words...
trans = across / switched
gender = what a person personally identifies as
sex = what a person is physically identified as

Transgender thus applies to anyone who identifies as a different gender than what is standard for their sex chromosomes, even if they have not undergone any sex-reassignment surgeries/treatments.

Transsexual applies only to those who have physically altered their bodies to appear as the opposite sex.

All transsexuals are transgenders, but not all transgenders are transsexuals.
Just like all apples are fruits, but not all fruits are apples.

... Also maybe I should be reconsidering using "fruits" as an example, given the context.

TL;DR: Transsexual is the correct tag here, since it's more specific.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

When in doubt, just use the literal definitions of the parts of complex words...
trans = across / switched
gender = what a person personally identifies as
sex = what a person is physically identified as

Transgender thus applies to anyone who identifies as a different gender than what is standard for their sex chromosomes, even if they have not undergone any sex-reassignment surgeries/treatments.

Transsexual applies only to those who have physically altered their bodies to appear as the opposite sex.

Of course, language as it is used in practice is rarely so cut-and-dried. Especially with a still-evolving concept like this one.

Just like all apples are fruits, but not all fruits are apples.

Aww, so close to an "Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit" reference.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15055.Oranges_Are_Not_the_Only_Fruit

joined Mar 14, 2014

Wow that Ouzumi. The guy's pretty arrogant.

Idk why but your comment made me laugh

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Well, ch03 was funny :D

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Haaaaaaa! Serves that guy right!

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Ouch, got 'em though. xD

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

i hope this doesnt end up like lemonade and expect the reader to start feeling sympathetic toward uozumi the unlikable asshole without doing anything to earn that sympathy >_>

and i really hope he doesnt end up being a love interest for sakura. dude straight up molested her.

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

If I was that guy....I would have died from embarrassment wow lol. That is super awkward.

I'm really liking the older sister's (brother whatever) character a lot.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

well he got owned, cant say he didn't deserve it though

last edited at Aug 8, 2014 7:04AM

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

and i really hope he doesnt end up being a love interest for sakura. dude straight up molested her.

It is pretty obvious this will end in a love triangle with him the sister and the 'brother'.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

Uh

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

Also, could the transsexual tag be changed to just trans?

To reply you must either login or sign up.