Forum › Sakana no Miru Yume discussion

joined Jul 26, 2014

I wonder what their father did to mikage... I fear the worst.

Images
joined Aug 12, 2014

Aun no veo acción de incesto.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

i don't understand love either.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Well done same-sex incest is some of the best romance you'll ever read. You have to dig to the root of what love really is...something that is blind to all superficial things like gender and blood. It is completely pure and is some of the sweetest and best stuff I have ever read, watched, or heard, no matter what the medium is. It is simply impossible to make something good that is infused by what I'll just call "bad love" like (like lust born not out of love).

That being said simply being a gay incest is not an insta-win. This manga is getting to a crucial crossroads of paths to take in the upcoming chapters, knowing it only lasts 12 chapters. I see two main paths...one that is really good and one that is mediocre at best. Fingers crossed for the former.

last edited at Sep 4, 2014 5:10PM

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakana_no_miru_yume_ch07#15
Does that sentence of Mikage confirm she's having sex with her that (or let him violate her)?
If so somehow this is taking a turn to a dark and I want that guy to disappear even more than before

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Does that sentence of Mikage confirm she's having sex with her that (or let him violate her)?
If so somehow this is taking a turn to a dark and I want that guy to disappear even more than before

It could be that he just see her naked... Which is incredible wrong too (but she resembles her mother), but let's hope things don't pass that point

Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

It could be that he just see her naked... Which is incredible wrong too (but she resembles her mother), but let's hope things don't pass that point

I'm guessing their dad really got emotionally unstable after their mom's death. He began seeing Mikage as a replacement for their mother as she gradually resembled her more and more. Then he most likely performed inappropriate (possibly sexual) actions on Mikage several times in the past, which became the reason why Tomoe despises her father so much that she refuses to even hold his hand. It's possible that he simply used Mikage as a model for his art... if we look at it optimistically.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakana_no_miru_yume_ch01#23

joined Mar 16, 2013

That credit page tho XD

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I'm guessing their dad really got emotionally unstable after their mom's death. He began seeing Mikage as a replacement for their mother as she gradually resembled her more and more. Then he most likely performed inappropriate (possibly sexual) actions on Mikage several times in the past, which became the reason why Tomoe despises her father so much that she refuses to even hold his hand. It's possible that he simply used Mikage as a model for his art... if we look at it optimistically.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sakana_no_miru_yume_ch01#23

Optimism was never my strong point sigh Everytime I try to be optimistic the opposite happens (A lollipop or a bullet for example) ;_;

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

What is love? I have it on good authority it's "baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more".

Can't argue with that.

joined Sep 4, 2014

i hope they are not blood related…

Yeah, gotta watch out for inbreeding in your science babies.
What the fucking difference does it make?

The difference being you fucking the carbon copy of half of your dad's and mum's image. And chances are you also want sexy time with your parents. So ah, awesome foursome anybody?

last edited at Sep 4, 2014 11:40PM

joined Sep 4, 2014

Hm... not necessarily a real redeeming point (though often put like that in manga), but I assume the father blamed her (quite harshly, from the look of his pose) for the mother's death. Perhaps he also told her "you're just adopted anyway", if those of you who fear (blood related) incest are lucky. ^^

I wouldn't read it, if it's not incest ^^.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Um, I'm assuming rape, since the pills are presumably morning-after or birth control.

the pills are for menstrual cramps.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

i hope they are not blood related…

Yeah, gotta watch out for inbreeding in your science babies.
What the fucking difference does it make?

The difference being you fucking the carbon copy of half of your dad's and mum's image. And chances are you also want sexy time with your parents. So ah, awesome foursome anybody?

^ This. It is this kind of idiotic thinking (and the fact the English language doesn't have a word for a platonic or pure incestuous relationship) that is making it difficult for people to accept their true feelings at a given point, thus leading them to a skewed vision of love.

No one is a carbon copy. Not even identical twins. So there goes that argument.

And I won't even begin with the logical fallacies in the "sexy time with parents" bullshit you wrote. It's not even worth explaining further than the fact that it's downright asinine.

She loves someone. Great. Cool. Happens to be her sister. Great. Cool. Big fucking whoop.

If these two children were separated at birth and met up again by chance without anyone ever knowing they were blood-related no one would have any complaints. It doesn't change anything about their relationship on a romantic level, so why should something superficial block it?

The point of marriage is no longer to bear children. That went away a long time ago. They can just adopt if they want a family without genetic problems assuming science babies are a thing.

EDIT: The comment this post replies to was simply poorly worded...the individual does not actually seriously believe what he/she said.

last edited at Sep 5, 2014 2:08PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

What is love? I have it on good authority it's "baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me no more".

Can't argue with that.

Shit. You got us.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just going to note that the really big problem with same-sex incest is there can be a huge power imbalance depending on the situation, all the more when there's a big difference in ages. In the case of this story, there's also a very messed up family dynamic with possible abuse and the two kids essentially living with no supervision at all. That's a recipe for some pretty heavy trauma all around.

0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Every chapter just goes 0 to 100 real quick

joined Feb 15, 2013

And I won't even begin with the logical fallacies in the "sexy time with parents" bullshit you wrote. It's not even worth explaining further than the fact that it's downright asinine.

She loves someone. Great. Cool. Happens to be her sister. Great. Cool. Big fucking whoop.

If these two children were separated at birth and met up again by chance without anyone ever knowing they were blood-related no one would have any complaints. It doesn't change anything about their relationship on a romantic level, so why should something superficial block it?

The point of marriage is no longer to bear children. That went away a long time ago. They can just adopt if they want a family without genetic problems assuming science babies are a thing.

Not to mention, people tends to attract to a more familiar face . Someone who looks a bit to your parents (or sisters, aunts, those took care of you) in the first place anyway even without any incest tendency involving. There has never been anything wrong with that

last edited at Sep 5, 2014 3:42AM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

about the credit page, i'm a guy, then i don't know about that use, but I KNOW is good for anxiety, that's for sure.

at start i didn't like this manga, probably because incest and yandere aren't my things, but i really didn't expect a story this long and heavy

C0142_9_0
joined Apr 21, 2013

I'm confused..which one is her sister anyways...I thought its the long hair one...if u can't stand incest just think of it as normal yuri like I always do when i read it I completely forgot its about incest....just a yuri couple lol

last edited at Sep 5, 2014 5:54AM

joined Sep 4, 2014

^ This. It is this kind of idiotic thinking (and the fact the English language doesn't have a word for a platonic or pure incestuous relationship) that is making it difficult for people to accept their true feelings at a given point, thus leading them to a skewed vision of love.

For a simple joke I didnt expect to garner such negativity from a rather rigid-minded individual.
Such strong antagonistic words you use to describe someone who had an opinion not similiar or same as yours.
The choice of words I used, 'carbon copy', is to describe someone who is very similar looking or shares physical characteristics of their predecessors, without getting into biological details.
You've raised some good points but the story we are discussing isn't about 'pure', 'platonic' or 'romantic' sibling love. The mangaka is portraying a very disturbing and twisted sort of 'love' from a deeply troubled and possibly sexually abused pubescent girl. The story has a really dark undertone and is not meant to be read like a simple romance story (which I get the feeling you are doing, but that's okay, I'm not judging).

P.s. I respect eveyone's views and I don't condone name calling, so please refrain from doing so in such a public and opinion-friendly forum. Thank you & Peace.

last edited at Sep 5, 2014 12:21PM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

For a simple joke I didnt expect to garner such negativity from a rather rigid-minded individual.
Such strong antagonistic words you use to describe someone who had an opinion not similiar or same as yours.
The choice of words I used, 'carbon copy', is to describe someone who is very similar looking or shares physical characteristics of their predecessors, without getting into biological details.
You've raised some good points but the story we are discussing isn't about 'pure', 'platonic' or 'romantic' sibling love. The mangaka is portraying a very disturbing and twisted sort of 'love' from a deeply troubled and possibly sexually abused pubescent girl. The story has a really dark undertone and is not meant to be read like a simple romance story (which I get the feeling you are doing, but that's okay, I'm not judging).

P.s. I respect eveyone's views and I don't condone name calling, so please refrain from doing so in such a public and opinion-friendly forum. Thank you & Peace.

It was a joke in very poor taste and your comment actually sounded very serious. If you were not being serious with you post, then I sincerely apologize for any personal insults you took from my post. But it was less of a post against you as an individual and way more of a post against society as a whole.

Do be careful in the future about what words you use. You could have said similar, and it would be totally fine. Carbon copy connotates congruency and almost perfect identicalness.

Of important side note...we don't know what "love" this story is about. I'll spare you the details, but love itself is actually a pure thing. If it has anything bad to it, it isn't love anymore but rather a different emotion controlling the person. It's not simple, and it has a dark edge, and shoot I don't even particularly care if the end of the story isn't purely "happy", but like I said there are two main paths for this story to take at this point, and one actually does make the romance itself very emotionally involved.

Not particularly sure where the "name calling" complaint came from. I never called you a name, so don't worry.

Again my post was not against you, but against society as a whole. I will go back and add an edit to clarify you just poorly worded a post, not that you actually sympathize with what I was arguing against.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

i feel like i missed something between this chapter and the last.........

joined Sep 4, 2014

It was a joke in very poor taste and your comment actually sounded very serious. If you were not being serious with you post, then I sincerely apologize for any personal insults you took from my post. But it was less of a post against you as an individual and way more of a post against society as a whole.

Do be careful in the future about what words you use. You could have said similar, and it would be totally fine.
Of important side note...we don't know what "love" this story is about. I'll spare you the details, but love itself is actually a pure thing. If it has anything bad to it, it isn't love anymore but rather a different emotion controlling the person. It's not simple, and it has a dark edge, and shoot I don't even particularly care if the end of the story isn't purely "happy", but like I said there are two main paths for this story to take at this point, and one actually does make the romance itself very emotionally involved.

Not particularly sure where the "name calling" complaint came from. I never called you a name, so don't worry.

I don't believe I've worded the joke poorly since it was supposed to be black humour and the intention was mockery and sarcasm. But I'll make sure to put acronyms at the end of every non-obvious jokes next time to avoid misinterpretation.

As for the story, I agree it is too early to define Mikage's feelings for her sister as romantic in nature. At this stage it is more of her deluded version of love, created by unpleasant childhood experiences with her father and the absence of a mother's love. It is understandable that Mikage's love for her sister is incestuous because it was 'normalised' years ago when her father began his abuse. The story diverging off into a 'romantic path' is plausible if she is able and willing to break away from her dark past.

On the other hand the postscript was not personally directed at you but also to people who have the propensity to insult (intentional or otherwise) and cause unnecessary hostility and misunderstanding. If you want to be specific, "name calling" may not be the correct term to be using, let's just say inimical adjectives you used in your comment.

last edited at Sep 6, 2014 10:11AM

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I don't believe I've worded the joke poorly since it was supposed to be black humour and the intention was mockery and sarcasm. But I'll make sure to put acronyms at the end of every non-obvious jokes next time to avoid misinterpretation.

I suppose that's where the issue comes up then because I saw what you were trying to say after the fact, but you gotta use different language that doesn't make the comment seem serious. For that matter, just don't make the joke anyway. It seemed you were giving a harsh and illogical beat-down of incestuous relationships everywhere and that struck a nerve in me that coaxed me to respond as aggressively as I did.

On the other hand the postscript was not personally directed at you but also to people who have the propensity to insult (intentional or otherwise) and cause unnecessary hostility and misunderstanding. If you want to be specific, "name calling" may not be the correct term to be using, let's just say inimical adjectives you used in your comment.

Then I am all on your side for that. But again please be aware that everything I said was a comment at your words, which I also mentioned were simply poorly worded, so nothing I said was against you at all.

The point of communication is not so you can be understood, but so you CAN'T be MISunderstood.

To reply you must either login or sign up.