Forum › Citrus + discussion

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

All the characters in Citrus changed except Harumin who still needs to change. And the only one who changed to become more interesting than before was Matsuri.

So clearly Matsuri should become the lead of Citrus+ with Harumin as co-lead. And let’s have Mei and Yuzu as the boring married couple in the background. Problem solved!

joined Feb 18, 2018

On a more serious note: is it possible Mei has become the “waifu” of too many readers and so now she cannot actually be paired up with Yuzu? Lolz

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

But in re-reading Citrus +, it seems like the major theme is that, now that they have resolved all the conflicts keeping them apart, two hotties who previously couldn't keep their hands off each other are voluntarily not getting any because virtuous reasons.

Virtuous reasons lol I just died... But it's kinda accurate and it's complete bs.

I mean, they are still kids basically so it's not like I really wanna see them going at it every night if they genuinely feel uncomfortable with it for whatever reasons. But if this is the case, then there should be some sort of reasoning provided instead of just letting that sexual tension (which tbh was the thing which kept me interested in the first place) fizzle away. Im repeating myself here but this really bothers me.

Virtuous reasons make even less sense here since it's not like "waiting until marriage" would even work here since they can't get married in Japan anyway :D (which is ofc even bigger bs)

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

So clearly Matsuri should become the lead of Citrus+ with Harumin as co-lead. And let’s have Mei and Yuzu as the boring married couple in the background. Problem solved!

100% support. Mei and Yuzu should move to somewhere they can get married and they could send supportive postcards to Matsuri and Harumin while enjoying their newlywed life.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, they are still kids basically so it's not like I really wanna see them going at it every night if they genuinely feel uncomfortable with it for whatever reasons.

Absolutely. But after the high romantic drama of the Chapter 41, with their dramatic declaration of love, and with nothing standing in the way of the long-dreamt-of endless future of Yuzu being "happy and lovey-dovey with Mei!," their closest approach to physical intimacy of any kind is:

almost holding hands and then deciding not to.

The only one who seems to be getting any skinship in that relationship is Mei's teddy bear.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

The only one who seems to be getting any skinship in that relationship is Mei's teddy bear.

Off topic, but in my opinion the hottest scene in the whole series was the one where Mei was jealous over Matsuri and then started fidgeting with Kuma-san before proceeding into assaulting Yuzu from behind... Kinda nasty and off-putting, but hot for some strange reason. Back then it was Mei who could rattle Yuzu. Those were the days...is it weird to say so in this context? :D

I guess the conclusion is that Sabu just struggles with storytelling. Let's hope that she doesn't completely manage to ruin Citrus (which wasn't that brilliant to begin with). I have said this before somewhere but maybe she should just team up with someone who can actually write a decent story.

last edited at Apr 21, 2019 4:35PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I guess the conclusion is that Sabu just struggles with storytelling.

I think the short pieces and elements of the series show that she can do individual scenes quite well, her character conceptions aren’t uninteresting, and she can be very good at comedy. (This is in addition to the art itself, which is uneven in quality but pretty expressive at its best).

But Citrus is a great example of a story with a splashy and intriguing premise that presents an apparently unresolvable problem, but the author ultimately has no real idea how to resolve it.

The Dynasty forum featured months and months of readers’ meticulously detailed speculations about how the various plot obstacles (the school, the fiancé, family, etc.) could potentially be overcome, but ultimately none of the theories panned out because all the conflicts that had been built up over the whole series were handwaved away in a single page of silent panels.

I don’t know why a writer would set themselves a task like that without having some idea how to eventually complete it (“the absent dad saves the day,” “the mom and the grandpa knew all along and were working together to make it OK,” whatever—just something).

But like I said—creating art of any kind is never easy, and sometimes things just go off the rails.

joined Feb 18, 2018

You know when the writing went off the rails when a School Days ending with Matsuri flipping out and mass-shooting the Aihara Academy to avenge Yuzu was actually considered by readers non-ironically.

joined Feb 18, 2018

(I still think that would have been a more interesting ending than the one we got btw)

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

why are they like this

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

Am I getting the impression that Harumin has a crush on Yuzu?... Kinda seems like it. Or just trying to be a great friend.

Madeleinedupris
joined Apr 8, 2019

(I still think that would have been a more interesting ending than the one we got btw)

Lmao I second this.

joined Apr 9, 2013

Harumin is so perfect why we don't have a spin off about her yet?

joined Feb 18, 2018

Probably because she is meant to be straight.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

On a more serious note: is it possible Mei has become the “waifu” of too many readers and so now she cannot actually be paired up with Yuzu? Lolz

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

haha 420 comments blaze it

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Guess Mei is sad/jealous cause Harumin did what she couldn't

haha 420 comments blaze it

Okay, this is epic.

joined Oct 17, 2018

ok I don't know why but I feel like yuzu deserves someone better than mei like homegirl is so damn extra and boring and yuzu would go to cloud nine if mei just hugged her or smiled at her and it's just so damn sad like yuzu deserves someone who will tell her how much they love her all the time and tbh the way that mei always just shut her self from yuzu everytime she's mad or sad or whatever and say nothing and it's up to yuzu to figure it out and fix is just so annoying to me like yuzu girl you are amazing honestly you deserve someone who will fight for you just like the way you fight for them ok ok!

last edited at May 1, 2019 5:08AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

^ word.

Q does anyone know as of yet if Seven Seas Entertainment is going to license & published in print (as soon as a 1st Volume comes out in Japan that is) the sequel of the series too?

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

Oh wow, the bear is also a lesbian.

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Mei still being gloomy...ungh. I hope Himeko finds somone better than her.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

What a weird chapter, I feel like I'm not understanding shit. So much happened but in the end nothing happened.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

That was . . . kinda cute.

Himeko is now officially a more vivid person than the current modification of the Mei-bot.

But kinda cute chapter all the same.

To reply you must either login or sign up.