Forum › Citrus + discussion

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Fuck more Drama

joined Jan 8, 2018

Was not aware this was going to be a thing. Am very happy for more Yuzu and Mei

joined Feb 1, 2019

Jesus I'm really hoping that Harumin doesn't have a crush on Yuzu, I'm so sick of these love triangles/unrequited love trope in this series...

Ryokoayeka2
joined Sep 6, 2017

omgz how did i miss this in december...

joined Jun 28, 2018

Citrus was what introduced me to yuri, a genre that I now absolutely love and now Mei and Yuzu ARE BACK! I just discovered this new series today and am so happy that I legit feel like I might cry.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Jesus I'm really hoping that Harumin doesn't have a crush on Yuzu, I'm so sick of these love triangles/unrequited love trope in this series...

Yeah this would be very weird after all those declarations of platonic love. I just like it when Harumin and Matsuri have screen time together, but hopefully it will be about them and not about Yuzu or somebody else. No more triangles please! :D

Anyway, I'm always awestruck by Saburouta's art. The faces... damn, just how on earth does she manage to make them so expressive. It takes me ages to read one chapter because I have to stop to take in every small detail in Mei's longing/tortured/worried expression <3

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Yeah this would be very weird after all those declarations of platonic love.

Mhm... yeah.... well. The good ole' "I love you... as friends!"

Shithead
joined Oct 23, 2018

if harumin actually does have a thing for yuzu that's gonna be the hardest arc to read over since falling in love with your bestfriend is really some painful shit

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I don't think us readers have to worry about any sort of love triangle drama with Harumin. I mean, haven't you been paying attention to her character all this time? First of all, she hates confrontation, as seen various times in the original manga. She will never acknowledge her feelings for Yuzu, which are kinda obvious and not even that subtle imo (the feelings). Secondly, she is definitely the most mature and level-headed character of this series, emotion-wise, and the last person in this series who will most likely cause any sort of drama. So the point is, If Harumi has any kind of unrequited feelings for Yuzu, like most other people in this world, she'll get over it. I don't think she would be all angsty and sad for 20 chapters. That would be OOC (in my opinion). Besides, Matsuri will be more than happy to help her get over Yuzu.

Then again, this is Citrus, so...

joined Jul 26, 2016

I don't think us readers have to worry about any sort of love triangle drama with Harumin. I mean, haven't you been paying attention to her character all this time? First of all, she hates confrontation, as seen various times in the original manga. She will never acknowledge her feelings for Yuzu, which are kinda obvious and not even that subtle imo (the feelings). Secondly, she is definitely the most mature and level-headed character of this series, emotion-wise, and the last person in this series who will most likely cause any sort of drama. So the point is, If Harumi has any kind of unrequited feelings for Yuzu, like most other people in this world, she'll get over it. I don't think she would be all angsty and sad for 20 chapters. That would be OOC (in my opinion). Besides, Matsuri will be more than happy to help her get over Yuzu.

I mean none of this is inherently incompatible with the scenario of her tormenting herself internally about it and the whole mess throwing a major wrench in the gears of Matsuri trying to get into her pants (and, as you note, this is Citrus) so...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The most otherwise mature and sensible people can get staggeringly stupid and juvenile when it comes to their own emotions, nevermind now ones as infamously all-ignoring as the romantic ones. That's just how people are built pretty much. (Not that this necessarily excuses melodramatic plots milking pointless love triangles and whatnots for way too long ofc... I name no names *cough*)

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Is HaruMatsu happening for real?

joined Feb 21, 2019

Is HaruMatsu happening for real?

Yeesss

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I mean none of this is inherently incompatible with the scenario of her tormenting herself internally about it and the whole mess throwing a major wrench in the gears of Matsuri trying to get into her pants (and, as you note, this is Citrus) so...
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The most otherwise mature and sensible people can get staggeringly stupid and juvenile when it comes to their own emotions, nevermind now ones as infamously all-ignoring as the romantic ones. That's just how people are built pretty much. (Not that this necessarily excuses melodramatic plots milking pointless love triangles and whatnots for way too long ofc... I name no names *cough*)

In my opinion the love triangle with Yuzu is not going to happen, as in, Yuzu is never going to hear about this. But Harumin most certainly has feelings for her. The purpose of this in the story is because for it to have SOME drama but not CRAZY drama, Matsuri getting Harumin must come with an obstacle. Otherwise it would be too boring.

About whether Harumin will acknowledge her feelings or not, I think she must, if she is to then move on from it and fall in love with Matsuri instead. Basically she needs to have some moment of vulnerability or "breaking point" like the few times that Mei did, or there's no way they are gonna be together (I suppose the same can be said for Matsuri, how can Harumin date her if she behaves like a troll 24/7? lol).

last edited at Feb 25, 2019 7:41PM

690ea2d43c833a395aa79e98116d8d2f
joined Apr 15, 2018

HaruMatsuuuuuuuu

joined Jul 26, 2016

In my opinion the love triangle with Yuzu is not going to happen, as in, Yuzu is never going to hear about this. But Harumin most certainly has feelings for her. The purpose of this in the story is because for it to have SOME drama but not CRAZY drama, Matsuri getting Harumin must come with an obstacle. Otherwise it would be too boring.

About whether Harumin will acknowledge her feelings or not, I think she must, if she is to then move on from it and fall in love with Matsuri instead. Basically she needs to have some moment of vulnerability or "breaking point" like the few times that Mei did, or there's no way they are gonna be together (I suppose the same can be said for Matsuri, how can Harumin date her if she behaves like a troll 24/7? lol).

That's roughly my guess too, if the plot's going to go that way. Harumin is one of the people best aware of the kind of bullshit Yuzu and Mei have been through up to this point and from everything we've seen of her mindset if she's realized she holds more-than-friends affection for the former she'd bloody well rather have teeth pulled than admit it to the persons concerned and create a new conflict.
'Less she snaps under the stress ofc, but even then I reckon she'd be more likely to confide the matter to just about anyone else for the same reasons.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013
joined Feb 21, 2019

Ugh i had enough of MeiYuzu. I'm more interested in HaruMatsu. I thought that they would be the MC's in Citrus plus but no of course Saburo Uta had to add MeiYuzu. Am i the only one who thinks that she's biased with them ??

last edited at Mar 1, 2019 6:57PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

No, but they are the MCs so...I just find MeiYuzu boring at this point because the dynamic is too repetitive. It would be better if Mei changes.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

No, but they are the MCs so...I just find MeiYuzu boring at this point because the dynamic is too repetitive. It would be better if Mei changes.

It would have been even better if Mei had changed about 15 chapters before the end of the main series. . .

yuzu haru plz
idc if its the “ive always been by ur side but u never acknowledged me”

joined Feb 18, 2018

^ the reason why Nene exists in the story

joined Jul 26, 2016

It would have been even better if Mei had changed about 15 chapters before the end of the main series. . .

15 chapters into the main series would arguably have been better; would have saved an awful lot of repetition at least.

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Kind of cute that Mei didn't want Harumin and Yuzu sharing an umbrella lol.

joined Aug 4, 2018

When's the next one?

When's the next one?

This month on the 18th.

last edited at Mar 12, 2019 8:42PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.