Forum › Forum Post Formatting - Basic Markdown Tutorial

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Is there a way to change the size of the text without using headers?

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I'll assume from the lack of responses that that was a dumb question and there aren't any.

In hindsight, it should've been obvious when there wasn't any mention of text size changing on the original post.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Not a dumb question really, but I don't know the answer. Probably not but I'm not sure.

Maco%20v0.1%20320px%20opt
joined Apr 2, 2011

If you don't mind the images also getting bigger, you can use page zoom in your browser.

Otherwise there are browser extensions that allow resizing fonts. (A quick look returned some results for Chrome, but I don't know whether they only work for individual pages or whether you can have a site-wide default zoom.)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

My userscript also includes an option to increase the site's text size. Though if you're using Chrome it may not work right now. Something seems to have broken for Chrome and I'm having trouble figuring out what it even is since it still works in Firefox.

joined Apr 2, 2011

Browsers also have font (size) selections in the preferences, but altering it there will affect all sites - not just Dynasty. Might be worth a look if you have the problem on all sites.

Blackness
joined Jul 7, 2017

Warning: Overuse of headings might result in beheadings. Use at own risk.

Pffft! I love this quote!

joined Jul 10, 2017

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I wonder if anyone could help me post ななめまえの偶像 (アイドル) from Nakatani Nio please? I've already had the scans and edited the English translation from Danbooru, but I don't have the permission to upload. Please help. Thanks

Xdff
joined Jul 16, 2017

WHOA

whoa

whooa

woah

• whoa1
  • whoa2

That's

Kayayday's

Lie

Isn't it?
heavy HOOOOO

lewdhandholding.com

I don't have any more ideas of what put here :v

qwertyuiop

last edited at Dec 11, 2017 3:59PM

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Don't mind me. Just trying some things:

It didn't work. Where is my image? Or the link? Help?

Never mind. Got it!

last edited at Jan 23, 2018 8:38PM

Fb_img_1492462408743
joined Jan 18, 2014

i can't do the spoiler thing, i don't know if i'm doing it wrong ==suposed to be like this, right? == two equal signs at the beginning and final of the sentence you want to mark down

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

vanilla salt posted:

i can't do the spoiler thing, i don't know if i'm doing it wrong suposed to be like this, right? two equal signs at the beginning and final of the sentence you want to mark down

The equals need to be immediately preceeding the first letter and immediately succeeding the last character in the section you want to spoiler. It wasn't working because you had a space between the question mark and equals.

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

So I've been reading the forum, but I was wondering how do I post screenshots from my laptop?

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

So I've been reading the forum, but I was wondering how do I post screenshots from my laptop?

You'll need to upload your screenshots to a image hosting service, then you can link them here with ![](imageurl)

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

Ah, thank you

joined Sep 22, 2018

wow a

joined Feb 11, 2019

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place for this, I got the "Your post has been detected as spam, please contact us if you think this has been an error" notification, but it didn't say where to contact exactly. I tried to point out a couple of mistranslations in the "Yuri-chan, Yuri-chan Everywhere" discussion and, not being familiar with the formatting here, repeatedly failed to insert a link, which might be why the spam sensor got triggered. I've tried to post the comment without the link, but it still wouldn't let me. Is there a way to correct this?

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place for this, I got the "Your post has been detected as spam, please contact us if you think this has been an error" notification, but it didn't say where to contact exactly. I tried to point out a couple of mistranslations in the "Yuri-chan, Yuri-chan Everywhere" discussion and, not being familiar with the formatting here, repeatedly failed to insert a link, which might be why the spam sensor got triggered. I've tried to post the comment without the link, but it still wouldn't let me. Is there a way to correct this?

Should be fixed for you now.

joined Feb 11, 2019

@drpepperfan Thank you!

joined Apr 2, 2011

I was wondering whether it was possible to manually adjust (or affect in any way) the numbering on the "numbered list" format? (As I understand it, the number used in formatting only works to mark the line as numbered list item, with the number itself always being ignored.)

Sometimes you have a a list of stories in a volume, for instance, with some of them missing in the middle, so you want to skip a number or two, but using the numbered list formatting would still be nice.

Another use case would be that sometimes you have a continuous list of numbered entries, but want to split up the list into multiple parts (for commenting or sub-headings between); all the while having the numbering continue where it left off before the break.

last edited at Jun 17, 2019 9:59AM

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

How do I add a picture to a post?

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

is there a way to put images in spoilers?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

is there a way to put images in spoilers?

Not with the current system, no. You could spoiler a link to your image instead of embedding it, since they need to be hosted elsewhere anyway.

Guardian of the Lilies
Img_0004
joined Mar 15, 2016

(tag) I got kind of curious of an idea, and I wanted to test it out

last edited at May 16, 2020 12:29AM

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Thanks for the super helpful post

It's not the topic here but:

1. Is there a way to search for a forum?
  2. Can I receive notification form a forum/discussion comment?
  3. Is there a way to mark/bookmark a helpful forum like this one?

I made a list >v<

To reply you must either login or sign up.