Forum › Posts by Wahid

Wahid
joined Feb 11, 2019

Also, mini comment is a lie (thankfully)

To give some context, the images don't all come from the same tweet, the latter two both come from different, later ones. Apparently the author changed their mind afterwards (the tweet with the third image called it a "questionable continuation").

last edited at Dec 11, 2020 10:54AM

Wahid
Image Comments 01 Apr 14:24
joined Feb 11, 2019
Meis_1243914862834511873

@elevown no, it says "festival".

joined Feb 11, 2019

Don't know about Macross, but I remember seeing this line referenced in some anime, where it gets received just as "well" as in this doujin. Can't remember what anime it was though..

Now I remember, it was Nourin. Had no idea it was a Macross reference at the time.

joined Feb 11, 2019

Don't know about Macross, but I remember seeing this line referenced in some anime, where it gets received just as "well" as in this doujin. Can't remember what anime it was though..

Wahid
Image Comments 28 Sep 03:25
joined Feb 11, 2019
Q0jxqtm

ThatAroAce: the anime does contain a few scenes heavily implying that Tomoko swings both ways, but not much in actual yuri content, most of which is from later in the manga.

joined Feb 11, 2019

The Asuka x Tomoko is obvious here, but the third page also seems to heavily imply Miho x Kaho..

Wahid
Image Comments 24 Aug 18:45
joined Feb 11, 2019
Ak2p6ib

^"I want to give birth to Kuroki-san" is more accurate.

Wahid
Image Comments 10 Aug 06:56
joined Feb 11, 2019
63xyh7c

@Throbelisk It's a multi-chapter subplot by now so it's hard to sum it all up, but basically Fuuka has been misled into thinking that Asuka may or may not have let Tomoko touch her "hairs" (i.e. pubes) and, wanting to know for sure, she wrote a wish about it ("I want to know about Asuka's hairs") for Tanabata.

last edited at Aug 10, 2019 6:58AM

Wahid
Fist Fight discussion 31 Jul 12:43
joined Feb 11, 2019

"To-mei-kou" XD

Wahid
Image Comments 27 Jul 03:38
joined Feb 11, 2019
69488098_p11

@Maximus66 it means "update day", i.e. the day when a new chapter comes out.

Wahid
Image Comments 20 Jul 05:50
joined Feb 11, 2019
75768618_p0

FYI this art is for the poster for the 4th Watamote-only doujin fair scheduled for November 20.

joined Feb 11, 2019

The first pic (with Asuka under the rain) is supposed to be the last one.

joined Feb 11, 2019

Author did YuriMoko, KatouMoko. NemoKuro next please?

They already did this, although it's not erotic.

joined Feb 11, 2019

I'm in despair! The fact that Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei has fallen into obscurity has left me in despair!

Edit: BTW shouldn't SZS be tagged here as well?..

last edited at Jul 2, 2019 2:48PM

joined Feb 11, 2019

"Sullen" on page 5 is a mistranslation: "muttsuri" does literally mean "sullen", but in Japanese slang it's almost exclusively used as a shorthand for "muttsuri sukebe" i.e. "closet pervert".

joined Feb 11, 2019

^There was also Hatsushiba.

The VA who voiced Nemo back then, Yuko Kurose, is apparently still a fan of the series.

Wahid
Image Comments 07 May 00:57
joined Feb 11, 2019
5u0xdz6

Not sure if this is clear from the picture itself, but the context provided in the tweet suggests that this takes place on the school roof, which is why Nemo is extra nervous.

Wahid
Image Comments 28 Apr 13:30
joined Feb 11, 2019
D43l-syuwaaz5m6-orig

^
The artist's commentary says that it's "A manga of MokoUchi dating".

Wahid
Image Comments 20 Mar 00:09
joined Feb 11, 2019
Dvqp9navyaajvfc-orig

TL: "No matter how you look at it, it's Mokocchi's fault that Yuri does domestic violence!"

Wahid
Image Comments 16 Mar 12:48
joined Feb 11, 2019
73273810_p0

@Rainendant apparently that's just a popular method of making coffee at home in Japan, they don't just do it like that in coffee shops.

joined Feb 11, 2019

It took me ages to figure out the Itou-san chapter. Is it Hikari that wants Tomoki (too?) or is she simply projecting in her mind what Kotomi thinks?

She's not projecting what Kotomi thinks, those were actual quotes of things Kotomi has (unintentionally) said out loud while Itou was listening.

joined Feb 11, 2019

@drpepperfan Thank you!

joined Feb 11, 2019

A couple of mistranslations in the Itou-san chapter. First, I'm pretty sure that "foreballs from a cut stance" aren't a thing; it's supposed to be something like "drawing out four balls using cut batting". That refers to a tactic that's controversial in Japanese high school baseball, where the batter exploits the "fouls don't count as strikes after two strikes" rule by deliberately hitting fouls in order to wear out the pitcher and eventually force him to throw out four balls and thus surrender the first base. It became controversial after the 2013 Summer Koushien where a certain batter from an Iwate prefecture school kept doing it. Also, I believe that "safety bunt" is a Japan-specific term, and in the US they are called something like "bunting for a base hit".
Next, the bottom left panel on page 3 should be more like "She even addresses her friend from middle school as 'Naruse-san', so apparently the hurdle is pretty high", implying that the "final goal" they're talking about is getting Kotomi to address Itou by her given name.

joined Feb 11, 2019

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate place for this, I got the "Your post has been detected as spam, please contact us if you think this has been an error" notification, but it didn't say where to contact exactly. I tried to point out a couple of mistranslations in the "Yuri-chan, Yuri-chan Everywhere" discussion and, not being familiar with the formatting here, repeatedly failed to insert a link, which might be why the spam sensor got triggered. I've tried to post the comment without the link, but it still wouldn't let me. Is there a way to correct this?

Wahid
Image Comments 25 Feb 15:12
joined Feb 11, 2019
Tsunamino_yuu_1022115090781356032

Considering what this is parodying, shouldn't Attack on Titan be tagged here in some way?..