Forum › Girlish Sweet discussion

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

I don't understand why this sort of people even exists. I just don't understand.

And I didn't really see: did he rape her? Or did he just enjoy hitting her? I don't understand both actions though, why in hell you can want to do this?!

last edited at Jul 14, 2014 1:42PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What the FUCK is that shit?

Assholes like that shouldn't be allowed to live, harming a child...

Sorry if I'm overreacting but this made felt really bad.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

They outdid themselves with the credits page this time.

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

To Jii XD

Thank you, now I see it pretty clear. Mostly because of screens :D

Cuz just so ? It's not that everyone in school is gay ? Where they're friends with each other regardless of their sexual orientation ?~ Besides, Mori just hangs out with the girls whenever she appears in the panels. No big deal ?

Well, she needed her own story then, It is obvious that not everyone in school is gay. If she hangs out with them, then she is a precious friend and has a story behind that should be shown or something. Single empty character - why?

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i'm the only one troubled by the coherence of this chapter?
isn't it a little too angsty compared to the rest of the book?
why katou has to have such a horrid past ? a children's abuse story (really heavy too) in a light comedy book ...
i still don't know if i like this artist or no...

Sun%20jin%20for%20dynasty%20scans
joined Aug 31, 2013

Going back and reading the rumors that were going around about Nonaka, it's funny to see that some of them were spot on.

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/girlish_sweet_ch11#7

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

No need for saying sorry about something like this, not overreacting at all.
I agree with you.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

i'm the only one troubled by the coherence of this chapter?
isn't it a little too angsty compared to the rest of the book?
why katou has to have such a horrid past ? a children's abuse story (really heavy too) in a light comedy book ...
i still don't know if i like this artist or no...

Not sure if too angsty, but it was a bit too dark compared to the rest of the manga.

joined Jan 31, 2013

They outdid themselves with the credits page this time.

OH YES!

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Man, that last chapter was wayyyy too much for me compared to the other chapters. At some points it was just too dark for me to actually be able enjoy reading it....

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Please don't tell me that Takemiya, of all people, didn't just pull out the "she's a lesbian because of bad experiences with men" trope.

joined Sep 21, 2012

Please don't tell me that Takemiya, of all people, didn't just pull out the "she's a lesbian because of bad experiences with men" trope.

Well, she fell in love with the woman who saved her, so you could look it at that way I suppose.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

That was such a great way of putting a flashback, Takemiya Jin never stops to amaze me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, she fell in love with the woman who saved her, so you could look it at that way I suppose.

It was established before she was saved.

all these feels... weeps softly like George Harrison's guitar

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

I hate it as a cliché and it has ruined lesser storied but to be fair there will be people with that kind of backstory in real life. Abuse - whether physical, sexual or emotional - is disgustingly common. This is the first character the author has written who has that kind of past so let's be merciful, she's really good about writing lesbians 99% of the time.

Besides, it can be hard to seperate effects of trauma from your core personality including facets of your sexuality. If the abuse hadn't happened she may have turned out liking women regardless. Another girl may have ended up going for men despite it (most real life cases would clearly fall into this category). I suspect one day science will be able to tell for certain whether childhood trauma can have an impact on a person's sexuality, until then however it's going to be a muddled affair.

Cyfer Uploader
513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Her conversation with Katou is important here. It seems that Nonaka herself thinks along those lines ("I can't be attracted to men because I was abused as a child") at first, but that Katou convinces her convinces her otherwise - that she is attracted to women simply because that's who she is.

joined Jul 3, 2011

Chap. 12 was one hell of a serious backstory, I have to say

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

Niwa: To answer your query, my sister was molested by a teacher, from that trauma she chose to be a lesbian. Her trust in men is gone , she will not talk to men nor look at them, she has even stopped talking to our brothers and this happened seventeen years ago. I do think some trauma's have a large enough impact to warrant a young girl or woman being a lesbian, many just make a choice to be, and some feel only attracted to girls as they grow up from childhood. For myself I choose to be a lesbian because of the overwhelming amount of love and passion I get from my fiancee, she chose me to release her feelings and because I was moved by her heart I chose her also. But many young ladies and women are different and I do agree that many factors can play a part in how or what a girl will turn out to be. But this is why God made girls stronger at birth ;) we have to put up with much more emotional stuff than men do , it's too bad men could not really feel a woman's emotions, they would turn into babbling lumps of goo .

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

we have to put up with much more emotional stuff than men do , it's too bad men could not really feel a woman's emotions, they would turn into babbling lumps of goo

We don't have to put up with more emotional stuff than men. Most of us are simply not rational enough to realize that most of the emotional stuff we decide to put up with is actually absolutely trivial and not even worth dealing with. We're not stronger than men, we're only more sensitive. That's simply the way evolution wired us, but oh well. You believe what you wanna believe.

Now, about chapter 12.

Don't know if I'm the only one to feel that way, but personally, I just think this whole abuse backstory was way too dramatic, which ultimately made it unauthentic. There is such a thing called "overdoing it" and in my opinion, this is what Jin did here. When you pull on a string for too long, it'll eventually snap and the connection is lost. This is what happened to me as I kept reading. When I got to the panel with the dead mother, I didn't even feel the angst anymore. It was just too much of it crammed into a single chapter. Nyeh. Not necessarily a bad chapter, but not one of my faves either.

last edited at Jul 15, 2014 1:32PM

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

the credit page

The claws mark thing is such a turn on tho.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

I whole hartingly agree he deserves to take a baseball bat to the throat

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I whole hartingly agree he deserves to take a baseball bat to the throat

Well, he did take a motor vehicle to the face. Not as viscerally satisfying, but it gets the job done.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

other than my previous post above, you know...

when reading half way till the end of chapter, I immediately thought of Miss Claudette in Orange is the new black who did the job to that scumbag white man abusing the child maid. There's a certain point when it comes to trash like him is wanted dead in the worst way possible.

On another note, I highly appreciate the constellation and shooting stars reference on Nonaka's back. Such nice gesture of Katou. Glad they found each other and stay to see the stars.

last edited at Jul 15, 2014 4:13PM

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

People abuse children because they're fearful f*cks and it makes them feel more in control. At least that's my experience with my childhood abuse (which wasn't as severe physically, my dad just thought having his children be terrified of him was the way to be a father).
Most women who suffer parental abuse don't go on to be lesbians, they go on to be women with daddy issues. That is all I really have to say on the topic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.