Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

As the series and its readers slip into a reflective and retrospective mood, I was considering what would be the funniest single line in the series (so far). My current nomination:

“That means no Moe for you!”
(Delivered in a particularly moe way.)

Runner-up: “Tastes sweaty.”

(That’s granting that the bulk of the humor in the series tends to be tsukkomi/boke exchanges and more developed scenes.)

Random observation: Yurine’s sister, Sumire, is incredibly cute.

As for that, well, I'll gonna be struggling to choose, but probably be either: that ChihaIzu scene which someone, all the way back in volume 4, commented "How to confess 101", when Izumi just threw a bunch of flowers through the window on Chiharu; then what you mentioned about the "No Moe for you"; and, of couse, Sumire's "Can I call you Ayaka onee-sama?".

joined Sep 6, 2018

Well, since we’re coming to an end, which relationship deserves a spin-off manga?

Care to take the vote?

Well, there weren’t that many votes to make a winner. I’d like to add own vote since it won’t sway the outcome (there wasn’t one!): the polyamory relationship is the one I’d like to see spun off into a separate manga. The other pairings can follow a formulaic pattern for story telling. The polyamory relationship ventures into uncharted territory. There are many aspects of this relationship which haven’t been dealt with like family acceptance, economics, income disparities between partners effecting relationships, and possibly falling apart when interlocutors intrude upon the relationship.

On the other side of the coin for this polyamory spin-off is there’s literally zero connection with an audience. Yeah, Yuri suits about 1% of population, but polyamory is nonexistent. It would be interesting to see author tackle this, but I doubt any readers will buy such a polyamory manga.

joined Oct 22, 2018

The only downside at least to me of the fact that the chapters were uploaded yesterday is that my pun on page 81 went completely unnoticed...

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The only downside at least to me of the fact that the chapters were uploaded yesterday is that my pun on page 81 went completely unnoticed...

Just because it was un-remarked upon doesn’t mean it was unnoticed.

I think the term is “merciful silence.” :)

joined Oct 22, 2018

... Let me guess... The pun didn't get anyone to laugh, innit?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

... Let me guess... The pun didn't get anyone to laugh, innit?

I think the phrase is, “You worked hard.” :)

This may be off topic but when the manga is done, does anyone think that there might be an anime of it in the future?

last edited at Jan 20, 2019 4:59PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

I'd love an anime--- at the very least, I'm sure a few of my favorite voice actresses will make it into such a huge female cast. I don't know the numbers, but I don't think Anokiss is as popular or easy sell as an anime since the drama is pretty low-key. I'd like it if it ended up like Kobayashi and the anime is a fluffy heartwarming series with some comedy.

It's cute and heartwarming to see that Canno is giving closure to each of the couples before the finale.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

YagaKimi's drama was also pretty lowkey and it still worked… Tonally I don't think it would be too hard to adapt but some of the couples would have to be adapted out for the story to fit into 25-ish episodes.

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

“Damn, this campus is gay as hell. Nice.” - Shiramine Ayaka

last edited at Jan 20, 2019 9:19PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

With the resurgance (or is this just "surgance"?) of yuri anime in the current era, I'd say this has a reasonable chance of getting either a 12 episode season or an OVA. Nothing bigger than that.
AnoKiss is in a weird area of being just more generally known for a yuri manga, but also not being high attention seeking like Citrus or YagaKimi.

That mindnumbing pedo dress-up yuri manga got an anime though, so I guess all you need is lolis or fanservice...

last edited at Jan 21, 2019 9:52AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Three of the best chapters in the whole series! We catch up with pretty much ALL of the couples in Ayaka's DTR quest, leading the her figuring out that, yep, she's in love and wants Yurine to be hers and hers alone.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

ITS HAPPENING!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Preview time!

Only one left after this one… I can't believe I followed and translated this series from beginning to end for 5 years. I'm gonna miss it. ;___;

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Preview time!

Only one left after this one… I can't believe I followed and translated this series from beginning to end for 5 years. I'm gonna miss it. ;___;

Took me a while to really warm to it because of the proliferating character arcs, but ultimately it’s been a great pleasure, and a bit of an eye-opener about different possibilities for story structure.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Preview time!

Thank you for all your work Lyendith!

Preview time!

Damn, I wish I had your discipline. D:
Thank you so much for translating this manga for us!

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Canno's illustration for the second volume of Taste My Fist of Love!

watakobu

joined Oct 22, 2018

I wouldn't be myself if I didn't like (and, occasionally, make) memes. Please, enjoy:

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…It took me several minutes to get that joke. I'm getting old.

joined Oct 22, 2018

…It took me several minutes to get that joke. I'm getting old.

Well, at least you got it ;)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wow. Soon here, I guess.

2907c083-0dd4-444e-9553-7f727ca18b50
joined Jan 25, 2019

Now they are best friends

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

Wait, is this series almost over?! Because it said "final chapter!" Damn, why is it that every good yuri series I read spends very little time on the relationships they're building up to.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Interesting to compare this chapter's kiss with the one in chapter 44. The latter was impulsive, passionate and almost out-of-control. This one is soft, subdued and mutual.

Now we still don't know what Yurine has been plotting with Amane for the last few chapters.

Now they are best friends

I swear I was afraid Ayaka would say that for a moment. XD

Wait, is this series almost over?! Because it said "final chapter!" Damn, why is it that every good yuri series I read spends very little time on the relationships they're building up to.

A pity indeed. =[ I wouldn't mind a sequel about their adult life, but I'm not sure of what direction it could take.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 7:51PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.