Forum › Girls Und Panzer - Little Army discussion

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for adding this :)

I didn't see it on recently added.

I prefer this to Girls und Panzer - Motto Love- i assume its an official Girls und Panzer thing not a doujin?

Its cool to see a 10yr old Miho and some of her back story :)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Happy to finally read it! And yeah, all three series are official, and can be considered canon (given the fact they're all written by the same people).

X
joined Jan 6, 2014

Amazing, I was crazy over the anime and didn't know there was a back story manga series.
I wonder where is Emi now.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wow, what a terrible mother.

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

So in the Panzerkraft world cup, I'm guessing she will meet Emi again.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow, what a terrible mother.

I thought the same in the anime- Miho never did anything wrong but her mother sure did- she deserves her house and style to forfeit all honor.

Aru23
joined Jun 24, 2013

I wasn't expecting much from this really, but then I got completely into reading and having so much fun while doing so. The characters are so cute, I really hope they show up sometime in the main series, I don't know why but I loved Emi so much, she is so adorable~ I ship her with Miho so bad also >////<

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Very nice prequel...the "tanoshii" kinda ruined my immersion lol.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I kinda wish we got to see her old friends reactions to Miho winning the Tankery championships.

joined Jun 10, 2014

Me reading this was intense I was like "omg this is kinda intense".

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Finally got around to reading all the Girls Und Panzer stuff, and I've gotta say this is the best of the three official series. Motto Love Love got a bit too nuts at times (although canon Orange Pekoe x Darjeeling was nice) and the original series was kind of disappointing. It simply didn't deliver on the tension or a lot of the interpersonal relationships.

On the other hand, Little Army was really satisfying in a lot of the ways the original series wasn't. You got a good feel for the characters both as kids and as a team, and their issues really seemed to mean something.

joined Mar 15, 2015

One of the best parts of this story is that the characters each get more attention and development. This is especially true of Maho, who comes off as a more interesting and likable character when you see more about her personality and relationship with Miho.

Incidentally, there is a sequel to this manga out, which apparently features Hitomi and Emi.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

I wonder if anyone has picked up the sequel for translation. After reading this I really want to see more about them.

joined Mar 23, 2015

^Chapters 1 and 2 of Little Army 2 are already out on the /ak/ scans wiki.

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ah, much appreciated.

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

/ak/'s sub of the anime has the same issue. They could not decide whether or not to leave senshado senshado, or use the German term "panzerkraft". Nor could they decide to leave Onee-chan Onee-chan, or leave the -sama honorific in. No clue why they left tanoshii untranslated, but they fucked up in other ways besides that.

last edited at Aug 11, 2016 10:35PM

joined Nov 27, 2017

Would be great if they include this in season 2 and make them go against each other .. TT^TT

Yuri
joined May 11, 2015

a somewhat long-winded story about a girl loosing nearly any match she playes? Was an ok read... a bit booring at times

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 10:18AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I kinda wish we got to see her old friends reactions to Miho winning the Tankery championships.

Apparently I read this in 2014, I have no recollection of doing so, still glad Fake Darjeeling got to meet the real deal.

joined Mar 15, 2015

a somewhat long-winded story about a girl loosing nearly any match she playes? Was an ok read... a bit booring at times

I agree. Part of the appeal of the first Little Army was showing that Maho was a more complex and sympathetic character than she seemed like at the time of her introduction, and showing that Miho did love tankery as long as she could do it with her friends, so the sequel didn't really have what made the original so compelling for me.

20200928_020352-min
joined Sep 8, 2020

Bruh

To reply you must either login or sign up.