Forum › Give Blessings To This Useless Trio! discussion

5078c11faafb542156639addbfc83dc4440cf9d2_hq
joined Apr 22, 2018

Lol love live reference already a good start

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

"Yes, I am Kazuma."

Kills me everytime.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

is this show any good? iv seen it but it around but it looks like its haremy

last edited at Nov 22, 2018 8:48PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

is this show any good? iv seen it but it around but it looks like its haremy

this show is one of the best comedies in anime history. your tastes have to be super complicated if the comedy of this show doesn't manage to laugh your head off. I highly recommend start watching it right now, and don't worry, this show isn't a harem.

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

oh its definitely a harem, its just that its more of a comedy/parody of an isekai rather than an actual true harem show. The harem is still there, but the thing is that the characters actually have personality. the heroines aren't walking cliches and the protagonist is not a blank slate for desperate teens to self-insert as. it's a good watch.

joined May 24, 2014

Darkness would LOVE to be in goblin slayer's universe

joined Feb 15, 2013

So we Konosuba in Dynasty Scan now?

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

oh its definitely a harem, its just that its more of a comedy/parody of an isekai rather than an actual true harem show. The harem is still there, but the thing is that the characters actually have personality. the heroines aren't walking cliches and the protagonist is not a blank slate for desperate teens to self-insert as. it's a good watch.

I disagree with you, the show is pure comedy, it doesn't have any romance aspects or cliches, Aqua DIFINITELY doesn't have any feelings for Kazuma, because of the way he treats her. Darkness is just a masohist that enjoys being treated harshly by Kazuma. Megumin? maybe she could have some feelings, but we still don't know, because like i said, this show doesn't have any of the romance cliches, like your typical blushes, glances..etc it's only about the silly adventures and the hilarious interactions between these characters. If it was actually a harem anime, i would've dropped it in a heartbeat, because i fucking hate harem anime. i still can't understand why some people consider this anime as a harem.

last edited at Nov 22, 2018 11:25PM

732535__safe_anthro_vinyl%20scratch_octavia_dj%20pon-dash-3_octavia%20melody_artist-colon-theyoungreaper1
joined Mar 14, 2016

@venom @victim

While it's true that it technically is a harem comedy, the parody/deconstruction tags are a very important destinction. The existance of the "harem" is brought up and deconstructed in-universe, and it may be fair to say the entire show revolves around that deconstruction.

I do reccomend it to everybody since even if you have never seen, or even outright hate isekai or harem adventures, you'll probably get a kick out of Konosuba. Only the faintest, general knowledge of the concept is enough to get most of the humor in the show.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Yes, I am Kazuma.
I didn't notice that in Aqua's arc. lol

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

I almost feel bad for Kazuma here. Almost.

You are boobs. Boobs. Is one of my favorite lines of dialogue from anything ever. Great show to watch if you want something goofy that never takes itself seriously. The light novels are worth reading, too, of course.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

They have deconstruction tags for anime?! Derrida would've been proud.

67413148_p0
joined Jan 22, 2016

I disagree with you, the show is pure comedy, it doesn't have any romance aspects or cliches, Aqua DIFINITELY doesn't have any feelings for Kazuma, because of the way he treats her. Darkness is just a masohist that enjoys being treated harshly by Kazuma. Megumin? maybe she could have some feelings, but we still don't know, because like i said, this show doesn't have any of the romance cliches, like your typical blushes, glances..etc it's only about the silly adventures and the hilarious interactions between these characters. If it was actually a harem anime, i would've dropped it in a heartbeat, because i fucking hate harem anime. i still can't understand why some people consider this anime as a harem.

The anime just doesn't cover the story far enough. The series itself definitely is a harem.

last edited at Nov 23, 2018 2:54AM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

In the end kazuma is the truly useless one as head doesnt do anything, and thats The Grand irony og hos life

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Truth is I like Aqua

joined Feb 15, 2013

Truth is I like Aqua

Same

I assume that you like Kizuna Ai too?

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I haven't read the LN's, and I understand they're quite a bit further along than the 2 seasons of anime we've gotten, but the show for certain is primarily a parody of isekai stories. I don't want to say too much, but I'll say that the charm of the show is the way the characters play off each other. The personalities of the characters (including the protagonist) are a very big part of that.

Suffice to say, I wouldn't want any of these people in my harem.
Or my RPG party, for that matter.

last edited at Nov 23, 2018 5:28PM

Terumoko
joined Feb 18, 2013

I'm not sure it's possible for me to enjoy this series. I'm just way too hateful of the particulars they appear to be satirizing.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

Best anime out there. Ok. Right after Lucky Star.

Nlridingaa
joined Aug 15, 2016

When I was reading this I thought it would be perfect for this site and here it is haha.

To reply you must either login or sign up.