Forum › Hot Uchiura Singles In Your Area discussion

joined Jan 2, 2018

That was cute, and Mari was oddly sexy in this one. Dunno how to feel about the "extras" on Yoshiko and You, but eh, i could use some more of this group's works.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

The slang used in this translation is... really bad. It reads like it's both from the future and instantly dated at the same time. It's such an incoherent mess of different groups (2010's hipster tumblr girl? faux-black twitter? stereotypical Southerner? what I think is supposed to be... surfer dude and/or frat bro lingo? all in the same page! HOW!?) that it becomes insanely distracting. Maybe the original had a crazy amount of modern Japanese fujoshi phrases and tons of colorful speech patterns that could use some creative Western equivalents, but sticking to just one or two consistently would have helped. It's really hard to imagine anything being as disconnected as this, going from "y'all" and "queens" to "awks" to "pump'n'dump" to "nervy" and then back to "bang city" in the course of a page. Giving a character from the country parts of Japan a Southern, Scottish or Brooklyn accent is one thing, but at least they never slip into each other from panel to panel.

I like a spiced-up translation as much as the next person, but this is like throwing everything in the spice rack into a dish at once.

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 11:36PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

Going to the beach and accidentally hitting on your own girlfriends.

Accidentally hitting on your own girlfriends.

Having girlfriends.

I am now depressed and will be moving to Tsumino.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

The dialogue in this was good, reminded me of some of the ways my friends and I goof off.

Anyway the various kinds of slang seemed specific to particular characters for the most part.

Anyway, it was futa but reminded me of trans girl humor so I enjoyed it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

fantastic

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

What the heck is this dialogue, lol. Japanese teenagers talking like black ladies with like a hint of southern twang. Y'all?

Hoo boy.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

the dialogue cracked me up so much. Kinda shitty that the YoYos went out looking for other chicks when they have their own girlfriends tho!

95f1a9bd40ff126607c8a9ebc4af9876
joined May 11, 2018

Hmmm futanari! I like it more than yuri itself hahaha :3

last edited at Jul 28, 2018 3:36PM

Screen%20shot%202017-12-10%20at%208.19.31%20pm
joined Dec 26, 2013

To be honest I thought Mari was Eli at first because of the hairstyle lmao.

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Awesome!

Salesgirl
joined Nov 25, 2016

This is the reason for JimoAi is the best sub-unit and I love so crazy this 2 ships (specially YoMari)

joined Sep 25, 2015

The ships and situation is so weird but this shit is hilarious. The dialogue just adds 5x the comedy factor.
Hmm, from the look of things, I'm guessing the other ships not shown here would be Chika x Dia, Hanamaru x Kanan, Riko x Chika's mom/sisters.

identification-projection-preheterosexuality
Please%20actually
joined Mar 13, 2018

The slang used in this translation is... really bad. It reads like it's both from the future and instantly dated at the same time. It's such an incoherent mess of different groups (2010's hipster tumblr girl? faux-black twitter? stereotypical Southerner? what I think is supposed to be... surfer dude and/or frat bro lingo? all in the same page! HOW!?) that it becomes insanely distracting.

Ranka died for this website's sins and in doing so earned the right to dialogue that actually flows in English.

joined Aug 25, 2016

I can't get over the "caution joystick" on the cover

Img_2661
joined Dec 23, 2015

I died laughing more than enjoying their sexual time .

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Wtf I thought this was an ad lol. I was ready to click the link to sign up and everything.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Looove it( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ab03237b-ac0d-4030-8288-8032dc7528e5
joined May 12, 2015

This is so good LMAO I love it so much
need more Futanari like this
Funny, sweet, cute, and sexy

joined Mar 11, 2018

garbage

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

That was fun, still not sure about the language though. xD

joined Mar 5, 2016

What the heck is this dialogue, lol. Japanese teenagers talking like black ladies with like a hint of southern twang. Y'all?

Hoo boy.

so what would be the most authentic way for japanese teenagers to speak english?

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

The slang used in this translation is... really bad. It reads like it's both from the future and instantly dated at the same time. It's such an incoherent mess of different groups (2010's hipster tumblr girl? faux-black twitter? stereotypical Southerner? what I think is supposed to be... surfer dude and/or frat bro lingo? all in the same page! HOW!?) that it becomes insanely distracting.

Ranka died for this website's sins and in doing so earned the right to dialogue that actually flows in English.

Are you saying... that you think this actually flows in English?

lol, ok

Pretty sure that the classic Japanese "trailing off without saying the crucial word best left unspoken" trope ("The person I love is...", "that which lies beyond the horizon into the promised tomorrow is...", etc.) still manages to sound more coherent than giving characters multiple personality disorder through the use of combinations of phrases no one person would ever say. Translators have a right to alter dialogue as they see necessary, but any right comes with responsibilities to not completely lose sight of the original's form and meaning. Unless the original Japanese was jam-packed with phrases that purposefully made them sound like they were pretending to be using several stock Japanese speech patterns types, (which I know Yoshiko is with the chunnibyo and Mari with broken English, but that's it) it's a pretty bad abuse of that right.

[commie]%20go!%20princess%20precure%20-%2013%20[51546f94].mkv_snapshot_09.42_[2016.12.19_12.33.57]
joined Dec 10, 2014

the use of combinations of phrases no one person would ever say

yer hangin out with the wrong people

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Hoo boy.

so what would be the most authentic way for japanese teenagers to speak english?

Not this. This sounds dumb. You have to be careful with "localization" because if the characters end up sounding different than any other doujin, your reader will pay more attention to that than what they're actually saying.

I get it, you think you're clever by giving characters southern drawls or valley girl accents, or etc but if no one else does that and just has them speak standard English, it's going to be really unnatural sounding.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

the use of combinations of phrases no one person would ever say

yer hangin out with the wrong people

Yeah, you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.