Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

(aaand the chart as usual)

Imagine how much bigger this chart would be if you included all the single page 'end of chapter' couples

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

We'd need a freaking tapestry for that.

joined Jun 30, 2016

Well that was pretty stupid, "we wont get back together as long as I remain the same" stupid Asuka dont you get it? that its over and for real this time? Mikaze returning the mirrow and saying that to you, means that she is finally moving on, there is no getting back together, there is nothing for you now idiot.

last edited at Jul 12, 2018 8:02PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I still think they'll get back together by the end, but I can't see how… Mikaze has thrown in the towel and it would be awkward for Asuka to crawl back to her and say "Err, I know I told you we should break up but, can I, like, go back on my words? No?"

joined Aug 17, 2017

Side notes: I have come to love Canno’s mildly perverse (because of the series title) piling on of that rose imagery around the Ayaka/Yurine relationship. Has anybody in this series ever actually gotten a white lily, and if not, will they ever? Or is the yuri all going to be the non-botanical kind?

Ayaka gave Yurine a bouquet of white lilies for her birthday way back in volume 1 - but I think that's been it.

Kon-gitah-03
joined Jul 9, 2018

Side notes: I have come to love Canno’s mildly perverse (because of the series title) piling on of that rose imagery around the Ayaka/Yurine relationship. Has anybody in this series ever actually gotten a white lily, and if not, will they ever? Or is the yuri all going to be the non-botanical kind?

Ayaka gave Yurine a bouquet of white lilies for her birthday way back in volume 1 - but I think that's been it.

That's actually really cool that you remember that (or you are super-dedicated and re-read it all. Either way, colour me impressed!) I was only thinking back as far as the flower-giving fad they had back in volume 6, and no-one was handing over lilies (white or otherwise) over there.

On a little bit of a side note, I can't decide if this is supposed to be an indication of the love-hate relationship between Ayaka and Yurine, or simply something Canno didn't give too much thought to (really doubtful, but possible), but both of them have given/have wanted to give the other white flowers... which just happen to be associated with funerals, of all things. Ayaka gives Yurine white lilies here and Yurine ponders giving Ayaka white roses here.

Coincidence?

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Not sure the reference to funerals is intentional… unless there's a subtext of "burying their old selves" or something?

edit: Chap 43 is out. Say what you want about Canno, but her kisses are consistently A-grade. And this one was A++.

So we might actually have some post hook-up chapters, depending on how many volumes are left…

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Bless!

joined May 25, 2017

I THOUGHT THIS MIGHT OF BEEN THE ONE OF THE LAST FEW CHAPTERS BUT NO, CANNO PULLS THROUGH AND INTRODUCES A NEW PROBLEM we're still getting content guys

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

What problem? There's no problem. At least for now. >.>

B25e08d9df956cc70b30a6cce4e9e9cb
joined Aug 27, 2013

A Fanfare for ALL OF US!
Finally the scene I've been having dreams about, and so sexy on top of that, gave me shivers. Beautay~

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

Fucking finally. What are you even wondering about right now Shiramine, you know what's up.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This was so rewarding, I waited years for this chapter.

joined Apr 15, 2013

This made me happy. I don't know what else to say.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

I do like the fact that the key to beating Yurine was… relax and stop working herself to death.

By the way, I must say the middle panel of page 20 is really beautiful… or would be if the digital raws didn't slightly ruin the glowing effect…

Images
joined Dec 7, 2014

Kyaaaaa! Finally! I hope the nexts chapters have the tag "lots of kissing". (* - *)

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

SHE INITIATED THE KISS
I THOUGHT I WAS PREPARED
BUT I WASN'T

Also, mom's still an ass

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

First: well, well, well. Nicely done all around. And with a world-class kiss, too.

But: we do recall that when last we left the inside of Yurine’s noggin, she had become radically unsure of herself in regard to Ayaka (“a lack of self-confidence,” was her term)—once she realized that she might actually be in love for real, all those easy “I love you”s went away to be replaced by “I’m grateful to you.”

(The “puppy-love” Kurosawa would have melted into a puddle of goo at that kiss; the new one smiles and says, “We need to get back to class.”)

So while Ayaka (finally!) has admitted that Yurine is special to her, they’re presently both unsure about what “the next level” actually is, let alone how to get there.

last edited at Jul 16, 2018 10:27AM

joined Oct 13, 2014

You're so fucking special
I wish I was special

but im a creep!~

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

^^ It's actually quite interesting that during that kiss, Yurine tries to take back the initiative (see how she grabs and moves Ayaka's hand), as if to say "wow there, not so fast." We see Ayaka's flustered reaction afterwards, but we don't see Yurine's reaction… which must be pretty similar, as much as she pretended to keep her composure.

joined Feb 18, 2015

What problem? There's no problem. At least for now. >.>

There's a BIG problem! Yurine still hasn't got the self-confidence to tell Ayaka how she truly feels and Ayaka doesn't even comprehend where she wants their relationship to go, even though her body seems to know pretty well. The fact that Yurine's response to Ayaka finally initiating a kiss with her was to maneuver her back against the fence, take control of the situation, kiss her a second time, then BOOP kiss her on the tip of the nose and say it's time to head back to class... because this is getting far to close to something like a real relationship and she's just not ready to admit that she's worthy of that yet...

Something's gotta give!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^^I noted that gesture but interpreted it somewhat differently. The hand to the face position is like “single tender kiss” mode—Yurine takes her hand and pushes her against the fence into full make-out mode. Hey, it’s Fence Kabedon!

(And we need to be precise here—that was not just a kiss, but a good full pair, with at least one more interrupted by the bell.)

Good choice spacing out the chapter releases, Lyendith—I felt a wee bit deprived while waiting, but a double release would have ensured that we all would forget that the Heartbroken Cosplay Twins even existed.

I’m still mulling over that odd little arc as the prelude to this one—it seems unlike any of the other ones in several ways.

joined Aug 6, 2015

Honestly, this chapter felt like it would have been better spread out between 2 chapters with the call with the mother being the climax of the first and the kiss for the second.

I critique because I love.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This was so amazing that I can't believe is real... I was not expecting this at all, and even if I was prepared, it was too much!! OH WOW..... oh wow my vocabulary.exe just crashed too
wow

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

Fucking HYPE!

Nothing else to say.

To reply you must either login or sign up.