Forum › Posts by Chizumi Fan

Chizumi Fan
joined Aug 17, 2017

Yurine doesn't have to study though, and Ayaka has been constantly studying since this all started. And those gardening club members had all kinds of time to dig in the dirt and sabotage their own club and punch each other out and stuff during their third year. It'll be fine.

Me, I want to see how the relationship works out - dates, intrigues, misunderstandings, romantic rivals, etc. I don't think these two are going to get together and then just shrug their shoulders at the viewer and stand in silence, not knowing what to do. Sure, the "are they ever going to get together?" question will be gone, but we all knew the answer from the first chapter, so it's not that big a deal.

And yes, I'm aware of how in denial I sound, lol I don't want it to end!

Chizumi Fan
joined Aug 17, 2017

Volumes 1 and 2 took place in first year, 3-9 took place in second year, so it'd be awful sudden to spend only five chapters in third year.

Chizumi Fan
joined Aug 17, 2017

I mean, there's a chance she could just be chastely saying "Does my breath stink? Here, let me roll on top of you so you can smell." Thus necessitating the toothbrush. Or, you know, something else that contradicts what the artwork is communicating. Like maybe Asuka is telling her that they can't fool around because she doesn't want to risk getting pregnant or something before she goes off to college.

Edit: the joke is that Asuka is kinda dumb, that's all ;)

last edited at Sep 20, 2018 7:12PM

Chizumi Fan
joined Aug 17, 2017

Nice! Pages 6 & 7 = first canonical reference to knockin' boots XD

Further proof: this 1-page bonus from Shosen: https://comic-alive.jp/archives/014/201809/2dc51eefa5925d08c88eb58b301aad31.jpg

Chizumi Fan
joined Aug 17, 2017

Ooshiro Yukina and Mita Towako seem less related by meaning and more through aliteration (o-i-o-i-a i-a-o-a-o).

On her Twitter on May 23 2018, Canno said: "大城雪奈×三田十和子 第3巻より 名前は雪奈(ゆきな→せつな=刹那)と十和子(とわ=永遠)の流れです。気に入っています。(缶乃)"
Which, via Twitter translation, told me "The name is Snow (Yukina → Setsuna = moment) and Towako (Towa = Eternity) from the third volume of the Snow Towako Mita. I like it. (CAN) #キスの日"

Chizumi Fan
joined Aug 17, 2017

Hi, hello. Just wanted to join in with everyone losing their $#!t.

yayyyyyyy

Chizumi Fan
joined Aug 17, 2017

Side notes: I have come to love Canno’s mildly perverse (because of the series title) piling on of that rose imagery around the Ayaka/Yurine relationship. Has anybody in this series ever actually gotten a white lily, and if not, will they ever? Or is the yuri all going to be the non-botanical kind?

Ayaka gave Yurine a bouquet of white lilies for her birthday way back in volume 1 - but I think that's been it.

Chizumi Fan
joined Aug 17, 2017

I love the little touch that places this chapter in the bigger timeline, that being Kurosawa telling Shiramine that they're in the same class together for 2nd year

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch41#5
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_kiss_and_a_white_lily_ch11

And these complaints are weird - is a story completely lacking in any value simply because it's not about specific characters? Is the main character's story over when they finally start going out? Because that's not how real life works; that's when things just start getting good.