Forum › Joou-Sama no Eshi discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Oh, chapter 20 finally was translated, and it took a sharp turn on yuri front

it was actually done by google translate. God This manga is so underrated.

joined Jan 7, 2018

idk why it is still tagged here as het even though it totally ended with yuri, and it wasn't forced at all, it was actually very sweet
i didn't feel any het from this manga even though the pink haired girl had feelings for the boy in the start of the manga, a girl having feelings for a boy isn't het for me until they confess to each, i still don't know why this manga repelled many people they didn't even bother to continue the story and see where it gonna heads to ( nor the translators bothered to translate the last remaining chapters). the boy is not even the real mc it is actually the teacher.

last edited at Jun 22, 2018 12:58PM

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

idk why it is still tagged here as het even though it totally ended with yuri, and it wasn't forced at all, it was actually very sweet
i didn't feel any het from this manga even though the pink haired girl had feelings for the boy in the start of the manga, a girl having feelings for a boy isn't het for me until they confess to each, i still don't know why this manga repelled many people they didn't even bother to continue the story and see where it gonna heads to ( nor the translators bothered to translate the last remaining chapters). the boy is not even the real mc it is actually the teacher.

Yeah it was a fairly underrated here. Maybe the 'het' tag scared people away some what. Or maybe the author history with KnJ, and the yuri history with much bait-and-switch already gave people PTSD on this kind of story set up (read my own posts just a few pages ago).

Have to admit though, for the first few chapters I thought that this series will 100% go with the het route. So glad that i was proved wrong. Even before the kiss coming, you could see that the yuri aspect was not played up for laugh or simple as drama device.

In fact it is even more yuri that other yuri manga considering what Yukimori and Nagase did at the end

last edited at Jul 1, 2018 1:16AM

Rinavi1dkzdw6
joined Sep 15, 2014

Also, how do I give permission to this site to upload all the chapters I translated?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Do you have a link to the chapters and maybe the dates they were translated?

Rinavi1dkzdw6
joined Sep 15, 2014

Do you have a link to the chapters and maybe the dates they were translated?

Here's the link to a batch of all the chapters:

https://mega.nz/#!dYwGwS4R!YUgsiHz9NhCMgqRPhu2sowHXBchRMPV8XfHcIjmxlOs

And all the Doranku Neko release dates and Mankitsu release dates are all my translations here:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html?act=archive&search=joou-sama+no+eshi

Except for chapters 1 & 2 by Doranku Neko, they were both released on Batoto on May 6, 2016.

joined Jan 7, 2018

sorry if i'm being kind of selfish, but Is there possibly any chance we might have the remaining chapters translated?

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 11:12PM

Rinavi1dkzdw6
joined Sep 15, 2014

Yes, I'm working on them as we speak.

joined Jan 7, 2018

oh, thank you very much! i really appreciate it.

The%20witch's%20house
joined Apr 9, 2015

the scallop and coney story is hilarious

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

But tags are not changed, especially the het.

joined Jul 26, 2016

But tags are not changed, especially the het.

Well there's always the Miyajima-Koma angle. (Would ship, those two have a good chemistry going.) But there rather seems to be a need for a few more...

On a somewhat related note gotta hand it to Maki - he friendzones Sarina in style.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/joou_sama_no_eshi_volume_1_special#6

Someone is turned on by double dildos. I wonder why.

joined Jan 7, 2018

Do you normally kiss someone to confirm if you love them or not? lol. just look at this face she didn't hesitate for a second..Girl, you're clearly gay af.

on a side note, chap20 was just so fulfilling, especially the class reaction, it was hilarious, and Sarina's reaction was just so cute.

last edited at Jul 4, 2018 3:13PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

At times this mango gets 2deep4me. ' -')

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I finally read all 21 chapters and I'm having mixed feelings about this. To overall tone is too comedic for my taste. The lesbian is played as a rapey perverted sadist, the two guys are boring and only the pink haired girl seem to be actually relatable. They even added a fujoshi for good measure. Somehow, this manga wants to be meta but fails spectacularly at it because the interactions between the characters are too over the top. The loli teacher looks like someone who should be important, but she barely appears. What is the point of the hikkikomori girl? Is she going to be saved by manga?

If there wasn't a lesbian romance in the making, I'd have dropped this really hard.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

I went in expecting the worst and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. * shrug *

joined Jul 26, 2016

IDK, Yukimori visibly mellows out over time. It seems to me a major story theme how both her and Miyajima gradually overcome their past baggage and come out of the bitter, cynical shells into which they've retreated to lick their respective emotional wounds.

Come think of it something similar (albeit far darker) was a central underlying thread in KnJ too, seems to be a theme Watashiya is fond of.

joined Jul 4, 2018

What a deep reason for picking a name :')
Good Heavens, they tried to bully her, but I wonder what did she do to them ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
so this is the power of a bishoujo huh?.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Why you no yuri tag this?

I kinda enjoy this though. It's like a reverse of yuri bait. Where you enter an obvious trap knowing it will go het, and somehow not only survive but win the whole thing

last edited at Jul 6, 2018 10:14AM

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

I was just thinking about this the other day, and found that the last few chapters were translated at long last! Yay!
(I was away for a while and missed a lot! Lolz!)
IDK if I'll read the whole thing, just on Ch.04 but I loved Kodomo a lot so... this is entirely different of course, more laughs and less angst (so far at least).

last edited at Jul 21, 2018 8:21PM

joined Jan 7, 2018

the het tag remains a mystery to me to this day.

Reimari2%20-%20crop
joined Sep 7, 2016

BladE1337A July 22, 2018 6:34PM

BladE1337A June 22, 2018 10:41PM
... a girl having feelings for a boy isn't het for me until they confess to each ...

You already answered yourself, precisely a month before you said that, ahaha

joined Jan 7, 2018

DC3 July 22, 2018 6:34PM

DC3 June 22, 2018 10:41PM
... a girl having feelings for a boy isn't het for me until they confess to each ...

ISN'T
and also, my kind friend, can you remove my current username from your quote as i'm planning to change it since i'm hiding from an evil het organization which has discovered my secret identity through this username.

last edited at Aug 27, 2018 11:58PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

SuperSecretSpy posted:

DC3 July 22, 2018 6:34PM

DC3 June 22, 2018 10:41PM

ISN'T
and also, my kind friend, can you remove my current username from your quote as i'm planning to change it since i'm hiding from an evil het organization which has discovered my secret identity through this username.

The same way loving girl without confession is not yuri? Sorry pal, but it doesn't work like that. It isn't about expressing feelings, but what those feelings are. As long as character is lesbian and/or have feelings for other girl, that is yuri. The same way they don't have to accept their confession, for it to count as yuri. Soooo, you answered yourself 1 month ago.

last edited at Aug 28, 2018 10:48AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.