Forum › That Red On Me discussion

4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

Made me feel better when I figured she liked Towada not senpai XD
not a fan of triangles but this author's stuff sure is great :3

joined Jun 6, 2017

I was rooting for them after a couple pages into the second sequel and I wasn’t expecting it to actually take a turn to that direction. Might I say I’m very happy that it did to the point of making me squeal and wishing that they’re endgame. I have little hopes tho considering the fact that it feels like the continuing chapter will skip to the next day and end with them being friends after Towada rejects her. This one is definitely better than the first one IMO and if the first one didn’t exist, the chances of Suzuki and Towada together would seem to be more likely. Really, I wish Suzuki and Towada ends up together.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Polyamory polyamory polyamory

aihara_mei0904
joined Jan 21, 2019

will there be another sequel?
because i'm literally dying for more right now D:

joined Feb 24, 2019

I guess I'm the odd one out here, but I really didn't like this sequel. The original was an instant favorite, in part because I really like the misunderstood player types, which Haruka is kinda like. She dated, but never fell in love until Towada came along. Seeing Haruka realize her feelings were genuine this time and wait for Towada with that cake long after their meeting time really solidified how much she had fallen for her and Towada seemed to genuinely begin opening herself to the idea of a relationship after finally revealing herself. Then this story came along and had a new character come along and wedge herself between them. I don't necessarily dislike Suzuki, but kissing someone who is in a relationship with someone else is a big no-no, regardless of your newfound understanding of your own feelings. Haruka finally found love, Tawada was finally able to open herself up to someone else, and Suzuki...just doesn't fit into the story that the first work set up. If there ever is a third installment I'll read it, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the artist's pixiv at this time and honestly I doubt a third installment of this would be able to match how much I liked the third installment of their other multi-work couple on this site.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

:(

joined Jul 23, 2017

:(

joined Feb 8, 2016

Suzuki is a piece of trash trying to interject herself into other's relationship which is a horrible thing to do. It matters not whether it was really Towada (I think a rushed ending or last second author change trying to throw readers off and make something good out of something bad) or Haruka, she does basically exactly what her classmates tell Towada and that makes her a conniving b&$ch who deserved the distain Towada gave her. And then to think she had the right to kiss Towada after all that just heightens the problem. The age gap does not have to be a problem for Towada and Haruka, I've seen it succeed as often as fail, and same age is no guarantee of greater chance at success. Maybe it is different in Japan, I can only speak from experience in America. There was 4.5 years difference between my first fiancee and I (she was older) in early college years which isn't that far from high school, so I fail to see any reason why Towada and Haruka couldn't be a successful couple, they seem to be very happy together. Love triangles occur because one person can suck it up that they lose. Plain and simple, and does not give them the right to screw with the couple's relationship, just give up and move on.

last edited at Jul 1, 2020 9:38PM

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

I’ve read this story multiple times, never saw the prequel, am torn, halp.

Imagescaton97f
joined Dec 18, 2015

Love "long haired x long haired" girl
We didnt need shorty hair girl a.k.a senpai

Dynasty9
joined Aug 21, 2016

This was an interesting read especially with the seemingly abrupt ending. I actually liked it.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

...I'm delighted and sad at the same time because God knows how long till she releases the next sequel, 2021 being optimistic much?
sigh

Welp, I guess we'll see about that
Edit: I actually just found out there's a sequel already, so egg on my face for not checking, but now I'm hoping for a sequel that includes this story and doesn't ignore it

last edited at Jan 19, 2021 9:43PM

joined Jun 25, 2020

i've been reading yuri manga forever but this one, man.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

The prequel is cute and wholesome. Shows the dynamic of the wholesome player character who discovers what love is actually like for them.

I like how they're actually following similar arcs. Suzuki and Senpai both seemed to be going with the flow so they only experienced more shallow crushes/love. But the same person made them discover something a bit deeper.

I find myself supporting Suzuki more though because
the lipstick framing device is a really nice touch. That and how it shows the kind of human "longing" that we generally connect to on a deeper level. It's the kind of longing for something/someone you know won't go anywhere so you're stuck there wondering what to do with all these feelings you're left with. That's certainly how I feel right now while waiting to find out what happens next.

To reply you must either login or sign up.