Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Regarding the question of when did Yuu realize her feelings for Touko, I agree it has been a gradual realization for Yuu ever since ch 16 (the french kiss). The whole vol 4 that follows after is written to show Yuu slowly coming to terms with her feelings with ch 22 being the big moment of her admitting it inwardly, but also denying it outwardly as indicated by the blocking bubble. We also see that with ch 26 when Sayaka asks Yuu if she loves Touko & how Yuu is very hesitant to admit it out loud. So Yuu has realized it for a while but with this chapter, she's finally considering doing the unspeakable since Touko seems like she might be open to it now.

Random thoughts, I've always appreciated Nakatani's minimal use of blushes. Characters don't really blush till they have to, which makes all the blushing Yuu in this chapter all the more precious & meaningful.

The anime will end right here with 12 episodes, I bet 5$

I really hope they'll at least tweak it a bit so both sides confess here because "go read the manga" ending sucks, especially for "will they, won't they?" romance stories.

On a side note: I wonder who will voice Yuu now that Hisako Kanemoto is on hiatus

Ever since the manga PV, I can't imagine another voice for Yuu, tbh. Hope the anime PV will come out early summer.

last edited at May 28, 2018 2:25PM

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I reckon, Saeki will ask Touko out, and she'll agree

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I reckon, Saeki will ask Touko out, and she'll agree

Honoka%201
joined Jun 23, 2015

Chapter 32 !@#$/^&*() my gay heart couldn't keep still. Yuu was so close on confessing. Gddmn it! That definitely felt like a 360. *flips table

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

The anime will end right here with 12 episodes, I bet 5$

I don't think they would be crazy enough to do that. Maybe they'll make up an original ending, or wait until the manga ends so they can properly adapt the whole thing. The former solution usually doesn't go well, but it happens.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Huh my first thought was just Touko accepting the offer became a possibly healthy step for reasons I hadn't thought about. I still can't see her doing it longterm, because the root of how she began acting in the first place (not just the play but everything) is embedded with her sister, but this makes sense, that she would try it out as a way of claiming what's hers. Maybe she could do it long term if she fully reclaims it? That would be interesting, if she could become her own person through and seperate from acting.

This chapter was definitely exciting, like a mini-climax. Last few pages near the end were spectacular and I can't wait to see more.

I don't know why people think there's going to be a bad ending, this is probably the best start to their relationship that there could be? Touko is getting her own life and doesn't need to tell Yuu everything immediately anymore, her neglecting to tell Yuu about joining the troupe is understandable from the standpoint that there is a new change to their relationship, where they're moving away from extreme codependence but not yet into dating / stability. Touko's just excited about everything going on, so that Yuu isn't at the top of her mind temporarily. But that doesn't mean Touko's forgotten about her, not when Touko says she loves Yuu, acknowledges and appreciates everything Yuu's done for Touko, and swoops in for a tender hug. I think those are both good signs and they're getting there.

Yuu was honest with herself!!! She's letting herself entertain the possibility of confessing! I don't fault her for not admitting it fully before, I've found from my own experiences that the more fragile a relationship is, the harder it is to admit anything which might break that, especially to yourself.

last edited at May 28, 2018 4:12PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I wouldn't be surprised if Touko will have amnesia in the next chapter.

Yuu confesses. Touko's mind can't compute so she breaks down with an amnesia & that is the sequel to Cheery Amnesia.

I don't know why people think there's going to be a bad ending

The worst that could happen is that Touko will be too confused and perplexed to accept Yuu's confession at first and is forced to reconsider the nature of their relationship. But I don't see anything like Touko getting an amnesia or dating Sayaka to be an obstacle to the confession.

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

A "womance" ending:
Touko: sorry, I'm a proper human now and will become an actress. Oh by the way, Yuu, I think I like boys! bye bye!
Yuu: f*k all, now I can love, I'll find a good-looking guy, marry him and become a mum of three kids. bye bye Touko, my first love.
And then Nakatani-sensei confesses that she's just another nickname for Higashiyama Shou

No-rae%20200
joined Feb 13, 2014

Yuu! Is! Finally! Honest! With! Herself!

Also these outfits are giving me life. Thank you Nakatani Nio!

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

A "womance" ending:
Touko: sorry, I'm a proper human now and will become an actress. Oh by the way, Yuu, I think I like boys! bye bye!
Yuu: f*k all, now I can love, I'll find a good-looking guy, marry him and become a mum of three kids. bye bye Touko, my first love.
And then Nakatani-sensei confesses that she's just another nickname for Higashiyama Shou

for some reason, i sorta want this to happen...

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

A "womance" ending:

Higashiyama wouldn't even go that far, he'd leave the ending ambiguous with both of them being """""super friends"""""

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

A "womance" ending:

Higashiyama wouldn't even go that far, he'd leave the ending ambiguous with both of them being """""super friends"""""

That'd be reserved for Sayaka's ending.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Yuu! Is! Finally! Honest! With! Herself!

Also these outfits are giving me life. Thank you Nakatani Nio!

If I possessed the ability to upvote both your comments, I would do so ^_^ . An energetic clapping and some cheers from the peanut gallery will have to suffice.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't know why people think there's going to be a bad ending, this is probably the best start to their relationship that there could be? Touko is getting her own life and doesn't need to tell Yuu everything immediately anymore, her neglecting to tell Yuu about joining the troupe is understandable from the standpoint that there is a new change to their relationship, where they're moving away from extreme codependence but not yet into dating / stability. Touko's just excited about everything going on, so that Yuu isn't at the top of her mind temporarily. But that doesn't mean Touko's forgotten about her, not when Touko says she loves Yuu, acknowledges and appreciates everything Yuu's done for Touko, and swoops in for a tender hug. I think those are both good signs and they're getting there.

Yuu was honest with herself!!! She's letting herself entertain the possibility of confessing! I don't fault her for not admitting it fully before, I've found from my own experiences that the more fragile a relationship is, the harder it is to admit anything which might break that, especially to yourself.

I’m with you, riverFlower (kinda as usual, I think). I’ve said all along that, while Touko’s need for personal change was the central theme of the story, Yuu herself (sensible super-darling though she is) also has had some important developing to do (I don’t mean the “visible in the bath” kind, she’s already doing OK there, as Touko has noted—but I digress), especially in being forthright about what’s going on with her own feelings and motivations.

The switch to “sunny Touko” might seem just a bit abrupt, but I think that’s a reader’s point of view, since, unlike the people around her, we’ve seen Touko’s darkest moments and understand the deeply tragic origins of her insecurities. Yuu’s crucial interventions have finally made her realize that there’s actually nothing wrong with her—the competent, thoughtful, well-liked Touko really is the real her, not a fake imitation of her sister. So really Touko just has to keep on acting in her regular life the way she has been all along, only now she can like herself for it instead of the opposite.

I guess my anticipation of a reunion celebration in the equipment shed might come off as a little (in the manga term) perverted. But I’m pretty much OK with that.

last edited at May 29, 2018 11:05PM

joined Jul 29, 2017

Now the plot get interesting and maybe complicated........
Yuu emotions......... have shown them self in the second part of the play.

Remember in past chapters Touko was wondering what was going to happen to her after the play?

I still wonder what Touko parents told her after she got home after the Cultural Festival.
Now Touko finding out, a chance to be an actress another door opening.

Becaming a famous actress and thanking all the little people that help her including Yuu.

Finishing her term of school counsel president, which her sister did not, due to her death.
Graduating and possibly going to College or becoming and actress.

But Cue Yuu emotions.....
How she is going to react, if Yuu confesses her feelings to her now.............
Will she accept them, at this moment of transition in her life?
Questions .....
More Questions...........
and a lot of questions..........

Now the drama of the play, is going to acted out between the women of the Student counsel?

"All the worlds a stage. And all the men and women merely players.....".W.Shakespeare.

"Brother, what a way to run a railroad...." Bugs Bunny

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Idk why but i feel like this is gonna need a tragedy tag soon

joined Feb 18, 2015

She FINALLY fully admitted it to herself! (I THINK that is the first time she didn't dodge the issue even in her own thoughts and thought the words "I love her too".)

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

She FINALLY fully admitted it to herself! (I THINK that is the first time she didn't dodge the issue even in her own thoughts and thought the words "I love her too".)

Not quite. It actually happened here:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch22#31

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

The OP is referring to this scene when they say "dodge the issue", given that Yuu is clearly in denial and that's why the speech bubble covers up the words.

joined Dec 5, 2016

The OP is referring to this scene when they say "dodge the issue", given that Yuu is clearly in denial and that's why the speech bubble covers up the words.

I wouldn't say Yuu was in denial at that point. At least for me the speech bubble thing was just Nio toying with our little gay hearts. But I get your point ;)

joined Jan 1, 2018

I wish that this series continue on with their adulthood. I don't mind reading their everyday lives.

last edited at May 30, 2018 6:26AM

joined Oct 13, 2015

I thought it was just me but that chapter felt melancholic.

As for Touko joining the troupe, it felt like a bad idea. Even after she expressed the rationale behind it, i cannot shake the feeling.

joined Dec 5, 2016

As for Touko joining the troupe, it felt like a bad idea. Even after she expressed the rationale behind it, i cannot shake the feeling.

I think the idea here is that Touko is starting to pursue her own interests instead of copying her sister. Her being praised as an actor was an achievement of her own. Conquering things by herself, building her own personality and interests, that might be an important step for Touko to stop hating herself.

Well that's just my take on it. I have a bad feeling too about Yuu confessing her feelings to Touko, even now.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don’t think a confession would necessarily come as a complete surprise to Touko—that confrontation on the rooftop, while not directly romantic, certainly indicated Yuu’s emotional intensity toward Touko. The question of how that confession would be received, though, depends on several things we don’t yet know.

Hypothesis #1: Touko is totally cured of her “Faking My Sister, Hating Myself” syndrome. Now the question becomes: how much did Touko’s (what I have called) “Sudden Onset Yuu-itis” depend on that syndrome? The relationship was introduced as a sort of “practice love” that Touko valued because it was something she thought she would never feel, and Yuu was safe as an object of affection since she would (supposedly) never reciprocate Touko’s feelings. The relationship has become much more than that, of course, but it’s still an open question what will happen when the “in love with Yuu” app resets under Touko’s new emotional operating system.

Hypothesis #2: Touko is still tied to some extent to the old dynamic with Yuu, so a confession is received as a (“betrayal” is too strong a word, but something like breaking their long-term contract)—she might see Yuu as having been duplicitous about their relationship (and in a sense she wouldn’t be wrong.) Touko was awfully ferocious about the “don’t love me” part, and there’s a chance that Touko might now discover that what she calls “love” has turned into gratitude and friendly affection. (We might call this the “Now that Yuu wants me to jump her bones do I still want to?” question.)

I think a bad end along the lines of #2 is extremely unlikely—it’s theoretically possible, but just not aligned with the trajectory of the story as a whole.

I expect there will be some type of less-than-complete understanding between the two of them before the end. In fact, as I’ve mentioned, I’d be a little disappointed if there weren’t something, because the story has treated the issues too seriously all along to end with a quick greeting-card play-as-miracle-cure and all’s-well, hearts-and-flowers finale. Touko is suddenly seeing herself in a whole new light, and a confession would require her to see Yuu (or rather, to see that Yuu sees her) in a whole new light. Some authors would have that happen with a snap of the fingers, but I don’t see this one doing it.

joined Dec 5, 2016

Well, we've already seen that after the play Touko's depending way less on Yuu, and that makes Yuu feel cast aside. Should there had been a kiss on this last chapter we could assume a happy end soon, but Touko only hugged her, which might be her way to show gratitude. Yuu loves Touko, but she feels that Touko's change has also changed their relationship, and Yuu dislikes that.

I think we're about to see a shift of perspective, the story so far has revolved around Touko, maybe from this point on we'll see Yuu confronting her own feelings and asking herself what she wants of Touko. Just a guess maybe.

You're right about Nakatani not taking the story conclusion lightly, she's one heck of a storyteller, so whichever way this goes it will still be a great read.

To reply you must either login or sign up.