Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Jul 7, 2016

Mei is like the weather in England. Cant make its own damn mind up.
Kiss Yuzu? Be cold towards her? Touch her? Assault her? Love her? Leave her?

Dear god. I feel so bad for Yuzu.

I'd trade all the citrus in the world for some nice Candy Boy about now (though there are a few REALLY fantastic Candy Boy fan fictions, I would like some more official story please).

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

For the love of God! Saburouta! Stop stabbing my heart like that! Seriously, this time around I Hope is Mei that'll end up going after Yuzu. You know... To change the formula a little bit

joined Feb 21, 2018

@Dark_Tzitzimine Yeah, youre right. Its all because she isnt doing what we want, no possibility that what she is doing is just bad. No objective way to say that giving a 16 page chapter with literally no progression and still manages to have mistakes after a 2 month hiatus is bad. Good thing we are not allowed to complain about stories, better to grin and bare it.

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 6:53PM

joined Dec 13, 2013

Let's not forget take the responsibility that's supposed to be her fathers so he can live his dream and shit all over his daughter's at the same time!

oh god don’t start me abt this guy.... he’s honestly the worst. if you dont want to do it, at least free your fucking own daughter of this stupid duty....

How is he suppose to free her from her own self imposed prison? She is the one who decided to take care of the school while he was gone and then chose to take his place after he said he was never coming back to that life. This is exactly why Mei is the absolute worst, no one is forcing this on her. She is volunteering to cause Yuzu as much suffering as possible. Its a shame that the two will end up together in the end instead of Yuzu doing the logical thing and move on to find someone else.

If you see your kid doing some kind of “bad decision” that obviously makes them suffer bc of you (indirectly or directly), you should at least speak to them abt it. Say they dont need to, thst they should follow their hearts. In this case, her father should talk to the grandfather bc im p sure Mei takes his opinion very highly thus why she doest dumb shit. But i do agree that no one is straight up blackmailing her to do it. She could choose to not do it and say fuck you to her grandfather, but Mei is too passive and has a weird sense of responsability (probably from her grandfather) where your happiness is below your “family duty” (something that is still common in japan...)

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 7:37PM

joined Apr 7, 2016

Looking through the comments every time a new chapter is out just makes me wonder why people bother to follow the series if they will always complain about the series not having the development they have on their heads. I mean, I have no idea what is Saburota thinking and she has thrown so many curve balls that I think is pointless to try and guess where will the story go. Like, did anyone seriously expected for Nina and Sarah to show up again?

Anyways, the chapter itself while short was far from being pointless, and personally I appreciated the insight it provided of Matsuri and Harumin's current standing regarding Yuzu's situation and furthermore, the way it actually develops their own relationship by showing the way they compliment each other.

Now I've seen people say that Harumin doesn't give a fuck about Yuzu or that she's so dense to no realize Yuzu's in pain but honestly I don't know how is possible to get to that conclusion after reading this chapter. The only explanation I can see is again, the fact that people expect the series to follow their own ideas instead of Sabu's. Harumin obviously realizes Yuzu is in a bad spot now but she deciding to not get involved unless Yuzu opens to them is a perfectly understandable course of action and one that is completely in line with Harumin's character.

Anyways, all in all it was an enjoyable chapter and is certainly makes me look forward to the next one.

Agreed. The curveballs are that--curveballs. They're meant to throw you off, and Saburouta does it so much that it's just kind of pointless to get mad when the story doesn't turn out how we think it will. I will admit, though, there are some choices that I think SU could've done differently, but again, there isn't really any real point to get angry over the choices.

As short as this chapter was, it gave some insight on how the supporting characters are feeling: Matsuri and Harumi are concerned about Yuzu, the Manager is MIA, and the Tachibana sisters don't seem to know what happened and--from how that phone call went--probably haven't spoken to Yuzu in a good while. We also see that Yuzu is still clearly uncomfortable to talk about Mei and with her now-single room, showing that Yuzu still isn't 100% over the break-up. It's almost like SU is peeling back the layers bit by bit for Yuzu and will eventually show how she's really feeling. Until then, let's just see what she has next!

joined Sep 11, 2014

I somehow had a crazy thought that Sara and Nina staying over is a ruse so they can surprise Yuzu when it turns out Mei is also coming with them, having finally found the courage to ditch her responsibility and start living her own live for her own sake, then she and Yuzu have an intense night of bonding, and everything is now good.

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

Yuzu really needs to move on, that shit of a coward its not worthy at all, no one force her to do this, she choose this by her own with the stupid excuse that "its for the best for Yuzu"she just took the easy way out by throwing all that support, friendship and love to the trash, we all know that somehow she will get together at the end with Yuzu but damn! she havent done nothing for her, nothing at all to be worthy of her love and heart, suffering and pain, thats the only thing this stupid chick is good at.

I seriously hope they’ll get together one way or another

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

@Dark_Tzitzimine Yeah, youre right. Its all because she isnt doing what we want, no possibility that what she is doing is just bad. No objective way to say that giving a 16 page chapter with literally no progression and still manages to have mistakes after a 2 month hiatus is bad. Good thing we are not allowed to complain about stories, better to grin and bare it.

It doesn't add progression to the Yuzu and Mei plot (and really, did anyone seriously thought it would be solved in just two chapters?) but it does progress the characterization of the side cast while also bringing the twins back as a wild card. So saying that it doesn't add any progression is an outright lie.

That said, is always good to criticize something but only if is taking into account the actual thing one is criticizing as I pointed out most "criticism" so far is people complaining about Saburota not doing X or Y thing but failing to engage and analyze the stuff she actually did.

joined Feb 10, 2018

Seriously Yuzu, just give up on Mei and move on. Find another lover. She honestly doesn’t deserve you.

That's been my thought since the beginning. I had hopes of Mei eventually being lightened up by being around Yuzu, but instead, Mei's only dragged Yuzu down. Plus there's no good reason for Yuzu to fixate on Mei so much, especially when there are many better people in her life. At this point, it just feels contrived.

For example Harumin... and lets add Matsuri for an OT3. \0/

I WILL DIE HAPPY.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Let's not forget take the responsibility that's supposed to be her fathers so he can live his dream and shit all over his daughter's at the same time!

oh god don’t start me abt this guy.... he’s honestly the worst. if you dont want to do it, at least free your fucking own daughter of this stupid duty....

How is he suppose to free her from her own self imposed prison? She is the one who decided to take care of the school while he was gone and then chose to take his place after he said he was never coming back to that life. This is exactly why Mei is the absolute worst, no one is forcing this on her. She is volunteering to cause Yuzu as much suffering as possible. Its a shame that the two will end up together in the end instead of Yuzu doing the logical thing and move on to find someone else.

Fuck that noice man. He let an emotionally unstable girl take his responsibilities without a second thought because "He had to search for himself" or some fucking stupid bullshit like that. Don't get me wrong, Mei is not free of fault, but it's the adult's job to not burden children with their own fuck ups

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

Citrus is just a dilemma like all the time. I don't know if I want Harumin to secretly have feelings for Yuzu or Matsuri. People say that citrus is just too heavy on the drama that it's slowing down, and I agree... but i want more of that fucking drama

joined Apr 1, 2017

Mei's dad did offer to have her go to, but what a surprise that she didn't want to fuck off to the third world to watch her dad do literally the exact same thing he refuses to do back in Japan for reasons. Now that's he's had his fun and found himself or whatever, what was stopping him from coming back to take over the school? His dad is about to kick the bucket (notice how he still can't be fucked to come back) so he'll be head of the family, its not like there will be anyone who can force him to do anything now. His solution to Mei's issue would probably just be leaving her alone because she "chose" this herself, even though it obviously wasn't her choice, and he also didn't give a fuck when a previous fiance was forced on her.

mei can go get fucked wherever she is.
i just realized i never enjoyed this manga beside the cover art.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I totally thought Saburouta would write the twins out of the story once their drama purposes were fulfilled lol. It might be nice actually, I didn't much care for Sara but I'd happily see her again than Mei at the moment.

Mei is just a mess. Don't give her any free will because she won't know what to do with herself!

7okxlebd
joined Oct 28, 2017

I'm going to be really heartbroken if they don't end up together.

joined Nov 21, 2017

NOOO! Not the twins again! It'll be another booring chapter..

joined Aug 2, 2016

i think citrus is going to make company to amanchu! in my blacklist if saborouta does not fix it soon.

joined Feb 21, 2018

It doesn't add progression to the Yuzu and Mei plot (and really, did anyone seriously thought it would be solved in just two chapters?) but it does progress the characterization of the side cast while also bringing the twins back as a wild card. So saying that it doesn't add any progression is an outright lie.

Harumin saying she isnt going to do anything is not progress. Its the opposite. And the twins arent back, it was a phone call saying they will be back evetually, no actual progress took place in these 16 pages, we are exactly where we started.

Fuck that noice man. He let an emotionally unstable girl take his responsibilities without a second thought because "He had to search for himself" or some fucking stupid bullshit like that. Don't get me wrong, Mei is not free of fault, but it's the adult's job to not burden children with their own fuck ups

How is it a fuck up? Its not inherently his responsibility no more than it is Meis. Its only their responsibility if they choose to take it, Shou didnt but Mei did. He already gave her enough advice to follow her heart and do what she wants and she chose to inherit the school and get married. She is an adult by Japanese standards and doesnt need her father making decisions for her.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Oh wow waited like crazy for nothing i Think I'll quit this shitshow now

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Its like a stalemate waiting for development with recent chapters! Aaaaaangst waiting for chapter releases and more aaangst due to short chapters, aaaangst on all spectrums here!!! Fucking aaaangst everywhere swats at it like flies in face I know it's building up to something but when's the god damn climax!!! Such a tease ughhh. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT MEEEEEIIIIII!!!!!!

Giga_animehq_9
joined Feb 9, 2018

Aw, come on! That one chapter we're waiting for is just a waste! Well...I dunno. Is Saburouta planning something yet again just from this chapter being so....cliff hanger type? I can't even wrap my head around the people obsessing over chapter 36 over and over and writing about it on Fanfiction. Believe me, I was depressed as well, but seriously, that's all she's got for us!?

This is crazy!

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Its like a stalemate waiting for development with recent chapters! Aaaaaangst waiting for chapter releases and more aaangst due to short chapters, aaaangst on all spectrums here!!! Fucking aaaangst everywhere swats at it like flies in face I know it's building up to something but when's the god damn climax!!! Such a tease ughhh. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT MEEEEEIIIIII!!!!!!

This too shall pass. A bunch of chapters down the line, people will be posting, "Wait--Mei dumped Yuzu? When did that happen? I just remember Matsuri hanging out with Harumin in those chapters . . ."

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

How is it a fuck up? Its not inherently his responsibility no more than it is Meis. Its only their responsibility if they choose to take it, Shou didnt but Mei did. He already gave her enough advice to follow her heart and do what she wants and she chose to inherit the school and get married. She is an adult by Japanese standards and doesnt need her father making decisions for her.

It's a fuck up because, again, Mei is not an emotionally stable person. Her whole deal is trying to live up to people's expectations and such. She has trouble even recognizing what she wants and yet, he let this fucked up person take over his responsibilities because he needed to chase butterflies. As adults, we sometimes have to do things we don't really want, because that's what being responsible means. Letting your unstable daughter in charge of your fucking responsibility is not responsible and I won't fucking let it slide. All this fucking drama is in great part his to blame

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Oh wow waited like crazy for nothing i Think I'll quit this shitshow now

Congratulations, you're the #1337 leaver! Please take your cookie but remember... We'll be waiting for you to come back to tell us how horrible this story is and how much you hate it and will never read it again!

Although, I have to admit 16 pages is a bit disappointing, I still believe this isn't a story to read chapter by chapter. But I can't wait the full volume to be published to read everything, argh. Even BiY had transition chapter :3

last edited at Apr 19, 2018 10:12AM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

So after reading the translated version, now I am starting to think Harumin does like Yuzu. Her behaviour as a supposed best friend is starting to seem way too suspicious, it's been months of Yuzu being sad and she is not talking to Yuzu about her problems "because they are best friends"? Right.

To reply you must either login or sign up.