Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Mamika is a pedophile

Assumes facts not in evidence. Mimika shows no signs of being attracted to little girls in general; she’s attracted to Yuzumori (and conspicuously not to Ririha, nor to anyone else).

Mimika is a “lolicon” only in the sense that she is in love with one specific young girl, and that young girl’s affection for Mimika in return is not based on their ages (Yuzumori is in fact significantly more mature than Mimika in many respects). So while any couple might grow apart as time goes on, nothing in the story suggests that the mere fact of the two of them growing older will endanger the basis of their relationship.

I simply do not understand what unresolved question you see in regard to Yuzumori and her feelings.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Mamika literally admits to being a lolicon, she is asked it several times and then accepts it. And lets not do this bull "lolicon=/=pedo".

You have completely misunderstood my original point. Yuzumori is a child, when children grow older their brains develop more. When they go through puberty they change significantly, especially when it comes to sexuality. It's not about a couple growing apart, it's about a child being pumped with hormones and changing who they are, what they think and what they like. It's the very reason why pedophilia is illegal in the modern world in the first place.

This manga makes it a point to discuss whether or not a "lolicon" would like the same child if she were to grow up. But it never asks if that child would like the adult as they develop. It only looks at one side of the relationship.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^Thank you. Your thoughts are now clearer to me.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I was thinking much the same. The two of them are in for a lot of strain on their relationship over the next decade because let's face it, you literally aren't the same person at 19 as you were at 9. Even adults change a lot during that time, and even Mimika is going to be exposed to a lot of things that'll change her own outlook. That'll be peanuts compared to what a different person Yuzumori becomes.

So to me the "I love the person you are" stuff rings hollow because in a decade neither of them will be the people they are now in significant ways. Not to mention, in Mimika's case there was an obvious physical reaction from the start, before Yuzumori even said a word, and in fact is why she tries (while comedically holding back her lust) to get to know the little girl better. You can't just dismiss that Mimika's attracted to a sexy child in those early chapters, and that look is going to change dramatically too as she grows older. Romantic ideals are one thing, but looks do play a part. And those looks will change a lot once she hits puberty in earnest.

Not saying maintaining a relationship into their mutual adulthood is impossible, but the odds are astronomically high against it.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Nezchan posted:

I was thinking much the same. The two of them are in for a lot of strain on their relationship over the next decade because let's face it, you literally aren't the same person at 19 as you were at 9. Even adults change a lot during that time, and even Mimika is going to be exposed to a lot of things that'll change her own outlook. That'll be peanuts compared to what a different person Yuzumori becomes.

So to me the "I love the person you are" stuff rings hollow because in a decade neither of them will be the people they are now in significant ways. Not to mention, in Mimika's case there was an obvious physical reaction from the start, before Yuzumori even said a word, and in fact is why she tries (while comedically holding back her lust) to get to know the little girl better. You can't just dismiss that Mimika's attracted to a sexy child in those early chapters, and that look is going to change dramatically too as she grows older. Romantic ideals are one thing, but looks do play a part. And those looks will change a lot once she hits puberty in earnest.

Not saying maintaining a relationship into their mutual adulthood is impossible, but the odds are astronomically high against it.

Nya-chan posted:

And then, they both got boyfriends.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So to me the "I love the person you are" stuff rings hollow because in a decade neither of them will be the people they are now in significant ways.

Aha—then the best thing to do would be for them to reconnect after losing touch with each other for a decade, because then they would be starting a “childhood friends” relationship, and we all know from reading manga that those bonds are just about eternal.

As usual, you guys are talking psychology while I’m talking storytelling—fiction is filled with stipulated “happily ever after” pairings that would most likely be disastrous nightmares in real life, and, judging by the divorce statistics, the odds in real life are not great for any two people staying together, no matter what the circumstances.

In this case, there’s no evidence that Yuzumori will necessarily change as a person more drastically than Mimika will as they both mature, and the whole point of the time-skip chapter is to establish that Yuzumori’s appearance has already changed, and Mimika still likes her more than ever.

If “that’s not how it (usually) works in real life” were an ironclad objection to every unlikely or implausible element in a story, I’m pretty sure there never would have been a romance genre at all.

Honoka%201
joined Jun 23, 2015

It was good while it lasted. Thanks dumbnut, for scanlating the series till the end.

joined Feb 21, 2018

I'm talking about psychology AND story telling. It's not either/or. The story heavily focuses on the psychology of a lolicon and whether or not they would still love someone if they grew up.

There is only one piece of evidence you need to know that Yuzumori will change and that is that she is a child. There is absolutely no reason to believe she wouldn't change as a person. As Nezchan pointed out, a 19 year old is not the same person as the 9 year old. A person goes through their most drastic mental and physical changes between those two ages. There is a reason why a child "in love" is described as puppy love. We never got to see that puppy love survive puberty, which I see as a great shame for a series that focused so much on the lolicons love surviving the same thing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There is a reason why a child "in love" is described as puppy love. We never got to see that puppy love survive puberty, which I see as a great shame for a series that focused so much on the lolicons love surviving the same thing.

Your continual insistence that what Yuzumori is feeling is 'puppy love' when the story goes out of its way to visually depict Mimika as literally a puppy in love, and your consistent dismissal of the implications of Mimika's wish that Yuzumori could grow up quickly so as to make their relationship less problematic suggests that we are unlikely to find common ground in discussing this story,

joined Feb 21, 2018

Yea, it seems we will have a hard time when you continue, almost intentionally, to miss my point entirely.

I insist that Yuzumori is feeling puppy love because puppy love is literally the phrase associated with young children's infatuation/admiration of an adult. I'm refering to the English phrase, not to Japanese tropes.

I'm not dismissing Mamikas feelings at all. My issue is with how the manga completely dismisses Yuzumoris feelings and how they would change over time as she grew up.

last edited at Apr 2, 2018 9:56AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yea, it seems we will have a hard time when you continue, almost intentionally, to miss my point entirely.

Just to be clear, I did get your point several posts ago; I disagree with your reading of the text, and therefore with the implications that you draw from it.

But, I hope, no harm, no foul.

joined Feb 21, 2018

No, you clearly didn't since its not what's in the text that I'm having a problem with, it's what is missing from the text. The manga brushes a huge issue under the rug and ends in a bit of a flop.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Yuri Queen posted:

I insist that Yuzumori is feeling puppy love because puppy love is literally the phrase associated with young children's infatuation/admiration of an adult. I'm refering to the English phrase, not to Japanese tropes.

I'm not dismissing Mamikas feelings at all. My issue is with how the manga completely dismisses Yuzumoris feelings and how they would change over time as she grew up.

It would be a good opportunity for a sequel, but because we only want to know one thing I would be happy with just one more chapter with an actual time skip (I mean, the one we had didn't really change anything and they look pretty much the same) of like 5 years I think.

Not only Yuzumori, even Mimika might change a lot too... how will they behave then? how will they deal with their situation? is Ririha having hard lesbian ear rubbing already with glasses girl? I want to know.... ALSO A KISS GODDANMIT

Sappaphaphappho
Mitsukieye
joined Apr 6, 2018

If loving this manga makes me a lolicon like Mimika then so be it...

And I expect there will be an extra mini-chapter in the 5th volume release for all of us that want to see them kiss <3

joined Jul 14, 2016

I'm sad :'(

I've been following this series since the begining and absolutely loved it from 0.1 to end.

To what was being discussed earlier, I agree that a kiss was what I expected every time I switched pages, but I'm not really dissatified with this ending. It was cute and gave us a sense of continuing (as the previous chapter wrapped everything up). Though I need to read it again 'cuz I feel the time-skip was less than 2 years while everyone here says it was 6 years... And if it was wouldn't Yuzumori have changed a bit more? Like, developing? Even if she grows no breasts what about Ririha and Glasses girl?

All the stuff about Yuzumori going through puberty seems clear to me (feeling like 2 years time-skip instead of 6) because she would be just in the middle of those changes and still love Mimika, throwing away the possibility of them breaking up because of some "Yuzumori saw a muscle man and fell for him".

I still want more to this story :'(
Thank God 1 x 1/2 is ongoing. It it was finished already I'd have nothing to enjoy until the next gem comes out... besides from oneshots and less than 10 chapters series.

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

Six years?! Nah I believe its around 2 to 3 years because Yuzumori had gone to her middle school entrance ceremony. If you read the last chapter Yuzumori asks Mimika that she would like to see her in her middle school uniform, meaning that Yuzumori's current uniform is for middle school. And the uniform isn't the same as what we've previously seen Mimika wear, who was always wearing her highschool uniform.

And for more evidence that its only been around 2 to 3 years is from looking at the size difference on the last chapter. (Oh but Yuzumori might grow during highschool, you say?) Realistically girls experience a growth spurge around and during middle school, and they finish growing around the beginning of highschool. And because we've seen evidence of how Yuzumori would look as a highschooler (hence from the reversal chapters and images which she was around the same height as Mimika,) leads me to believe that Yuzumori on the last chapter is just entering middle school and should be around 12 to 13 years of age while Mimika should be 19 to 20 years old (because Mimika had already mentioned that they have a 7 year age gap.)

Oh and Yuzumori had mentioned that she was in her 4th year of elementary and Mimika in 2nd year highschool (11th grade, Junior). In Japan middle school would start around after the 5th or 6th year of elementary, so around 6th or 7th grade (depending on which region of Japan they live,) meaning its only been 2 to 3 years since Yuzumori and Mimika had met.

So with this I hope it clears up a lot of the misunderstandings revolving around the time skip. Even though I made this statement it is still based on personal speculation, but it is the most logical statement I made which makes the most sense.

joined Jul 14, 2016

This

And for more evidence that its only been around 2 to 3 years is from looking at the size difference on the last chapter.

Now we're talking.

I'ts still up to each person how they feel about this conclussion.

I wanted more but didn't expect much. It's just how cute those two look together, even the many times they almost kissed I freaked out but never raged because they didn't. Hell I even expected a sad ending when Mimika pushed Yuzumori away! Thankfully Ejima Eri made it just fine and gave us this diabetes overdose :3

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

https://imgur.com/d2WtZr1

it was right since 2016

Joke was on us, it seems.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I suggest banning drpepper

joined Oct 14, 2016

Since happy sugar life a pedo yandere got an anime, hope yuzomori San gets it chance someday ahaha.

last edited at Aug 1, 2018 8:04AM

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

I really wish this had ended better than it did. It's squandered potential. Not awful, but she should've stuck the landing.

last edited at Aug 5, 2018 2:39AM

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

I'm sure that face Yuzumori pulls off is present somewhere...

Given that this was originally set for two volumes, having a pretty much fluffy ending is good :>

joined Feb 23, 2016

That was sickly sweet.. almost gave me diabetes.. jesus.. but soo adorable both of them

last edited at Aug 5, 2018 8:57PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I would not call this a bad or trollig ending. Mimika has to wait, and if that waiting means they never become lovers, that's how it goes. At least, unlike the kouhai in Stretch, neither Mimika nor Yuzumori are unsure of the other one's feelings. It's simply the age difference and Yuzumori-san being underage, and they both know it. They managed to become friends, and that's not bad. Stretch started with the two being friends and both of them knowing the younger one was in love with the older one, and nothing ever developed until the older one moved away, putting the younger one out of her misery without ever accepting or rejecting her love. And really playing with her feelings along the way.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I was satisfied with the ending. A kiss isn't everything even though we were craving for it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.