Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

One sec, didn't chapter 18 end with a cliffhanger? What happened after Arisa woke up in the last page? Or am I missing something here?

I don't think that was a cliffhanger--that was another "Did we have sex last night? No, we didn't" exchange. Mari isn't going to have their "first" sexual experience with a drunk Arisa.

Edit: Actually, looking at it closely, the end of Chapter 18 makes it look like they may have had sex, but the fact that the next chapter skips to a different scene strongly implies that they didn't. By this time readers can fill in Arisa's morning-after confusion/excitement reaction ourselves.

last edited at Mar 18, 2018 10:30AM

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

Ohhhh, now this is interesting!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

i LOVE HOW DRAMA WAS DEFUSED IN A SINGLE PAGE

LIKE, GET YOURSELF TOGETHER ARISA, YOUR WIFE IS GONNA GET WORRIED

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Oh lol, what a plot twist

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Well, Arisa seems to be a bit of a hair trigger. In more ways than one.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

That 'we are dating' fan is amazing.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Lmao Arisa's amnesia reason

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

That 'we are dating' fan is amazing.

I don't see why they couldn't have used it :D Just flash it at the horn-dog boys when they get too fresh!

I like post-amnesia Arisa a lot more than the pre-one. Same for too Mari-san, she was such a bottom before... now both are more balanced.

last edited at Mar 18, 2018 1:27PM

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

This series is still so cute. Though, just as a personal preference, nothing against the series or the author, but I wish Mari-san maintained her tomboyish-ness more resolutely. She just doesn't look right when the author tries to add feminine accessories to her.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

I was gonna say something about Arisa being the only person who've ever gotten off from getting a piggy ride as far as I know, but then page fourteen happened, and my brain just exploded just like hers did.

Now what was that people said about this manga not having any development?

On another note, I hope this means Mari is ready to come out of the closet, because being secretly married would just be cruel to Arisa. Let her be loud and proud, I say.

last edited at Mar 18, 2018 3:38PM

Unnamed%20(1)
joined May 12, 2015

This series is staying true to its title and I love it.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

LMAO HAHAHAHHA

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

But I'm wondering, if Arisa didn't call Mari for 3 days before Mari finding out she had amnesia for the first time, had this marriage proposal happened before that first amnesia? Passing out and then not talking for days would be unreasonable, since Mari would obviouly try to do something about her girlfriend passing out in front of her right away. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch07

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Maybe that time the happiness overdose was caused by something other than Mari proposing. Heck, maybe Arisa was thinking of proposing, and the thought enough was too much.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

But I'm wondering, if Arisa didn't call Mari for 3 days before Mari finding out she had amnesia for the first time, had this marriage proposal happened before that first amnesia?

Who knows if the mangaka even had a firm cause in mind for the amnesia at chapter 7 (or had one and changed to a different one since then)? There are plenty of ways to explain away the apparent discrepancy—if you’re a creative writer.

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Also keep in mind that Arisa will get excited over absolutely anything that Mari does. It really doesn't take much to make her melt down.

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Who knows if the mangaka even had a firm cause in mind for the amnesia at chapter 7 (or had one and changed to a different one since then)? There are plenty of ways to explain away the apparent discrepancy—if you’re a creative writer.

True, but I was curious. Anyway, this chapter was a blast, Tamamusi is great even at plot twists - it fit the whole concept of the entire manga so far. I love her so much, I love Arisa so much.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

True, but I was curious. Anyway, this chapter was a blast, Tamamusi is great even at plot twists - it fit the whole concept of the entire manga so far. I love her so much, I love Arisa so much.

True enough. We readers are put in the same situation as Mari--on one level amnesia plots create a default push for memories to return, but do we really want to lose this version of Arisa to do it? Still, as you say, Tamamusi does plot twists well, so even a sudden turn to a dominating "old" Arisa could be cute and sweet.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

"My crotch is going to reach the finale!!"

Keanu Reeves: Whoa.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Oh bless. Having amnesia from being too happy sounds like a curse in this instance haha

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Huh. Is this the first ever 'good' amnesia twist in the history of manga?

It's almost as if this whole series were about some kind of...amnesia that is...bright and cheery.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

One sec, didn't chapter 18 end with a cliffhanger? What happened after Arisa woke up in the last page? Or am I missing something here?

I don't think that was a cliffhanger--that was another "Did we have sex last night? No, we didn't" exchange. Mari isn't going to have their "first" sexual experience with a drunk Arisa.

Edit: Actually, looking at it closely, the end of Chapter 18 makes it look like they may have had sex, but the fact that the next chapter skips to a different scene strongly implies that they didn't. By this time readers can fill in Arisa's morning-after confusion/excitement reaction ourselves.

I thought that the mangaka had forgotten about it...well it makes sense, I guess.

But did Arisa really have an orgasm? Lol

I thought it was pretty clear that they only snuggled together because Arisa was cold (thus Mari asks her about it the next morning), and they were nude because of the puke incident. The "joke" was that Arisa thinks that something might have happened, while Mari didn't think anything of it.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Huh. Is this the first ever 'good' amnesia twist in the history of manga?

It's almost as if this whole series were about some kind of...amnesia that is...bright and cheery.

opens door you may leave now sir.

joined Feb 1, 2013

True enough. We readers are put in the same situation as Mari--on one level amnesia plots create a default push for memories to return, but do we really want to lose this version of Arisa to do it? Still, as you say, Tamamusi does plot twists well, so even a sudden turn to a dominating "old" Arisa could be cute and sweet.

Hey, Blastaar, is your avatar picture the "male" alien from Marvel's Phalanx? Because it looks like the guy I remember seeing in the awesome two-parter from the 90s x-men cartoon, and it looks like the sympathetic Alien who helps Beast and Forge- including literally becoming his leg when it's shot off.

"Friend Beast, Friend Forge, Self should not have come... Now, you're world is doomed."

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Right—it’s the Bill Sienkiewicz (original) version of Warlock, which I first saw in New Mutants. (Don’t know the animated series, but I’m sure it must be the same “guy,” if that’s the term for sentient mechanical organisms.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.