Forum › Citrus discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^
Look at Nismy, goin’ all empirical on us—don’t you know that Citrus is about feelings?

joined Feb 25, 2018

If this is not the ending I cannot see this as becoming a good story. If it is the ending it is indeed a good story.

This makes no sense. Citrus is all about love, so of course Yuzu and Mei will end up together. Chapter 36 has some foreshadowing, so the drama will start to get some closing from there. You need to read Citrus all over again, because it seems you just missed some details.

joined Mar 5, 2018

I cried in the last chapter ;-;

joined Mar 19, 2018

In love with citrus since Ch.1 and 37 can’t come soon enough. Saburouta’s art is beautiful, especially the way she outwardly presents Mei’s feelings. Seeing them come to life in the anime is wonderful as well. High hopes they end up together as lovers.

joined Jul 24, 2017

Yuzu didn't deserve this.

last edited at Mar 22, 2018 1:43AM

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

indeed

joined Mar 19, 2018

She may not deserve it but she needs it to overcome how she expresses her feelings to Mei when it really counts. (Or the lack of expressing her true feelings)

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

Seriously, Yuzu has been clear about her feelings and her confession. She confessed her love clearly. Or, we don't read the same manga and you forgot the "daisuki" she told in different chapters. That is the best comment I read lol. "Yuzu lacked expressing her feelings to Mei". Don't confuse episode 11 from the anime (chapter 15) and the actual state of the manga. People mention Yuzu didn't deserve to be dumped by Mei in chapter 36.

But you really cannot blame Yuzu for anything in the last two volumes about her determination to commit to a shared future with Mei and Mei is perfectly aware of Yuzu's strong feelings for her. That's why she left in fact.

last edited at Mar 22, 2018 2:34PM

joined Feb 25, 2018

Saburouta's notes in volume 9 also mentioned about their happy future. Something like ''それでは ... ふたりの幸せの未来で''. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, i hope we can see Yuzu smiling again!

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

unfinished pages from chapter 33 have been replaced (8 in total)

last edited at Mar 22, 2018 6:22PM

joined Mar 19, 2018

You’re right, my last comment was terribly put. Lol ;;

A little troll humor to lighten the mood, but it’s obviously Mei that couldn’t fully express her feelings besides this letter. Yuzu will just have to face her to crumble her resolve =)

last edited at Mar 22, 2018 8:26PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

i hope we can see Yuzu smiling again!

We know this is going to come out all right—even without direct statements from the author, an ending along these lines would constitute a massive tonal U-turn for the story as a whole.

The interesting questions for me are exactly how it will happen, and how long it’s going to take. As I’ve said before, nearly every major and most minor characters in the book hypothetically could be part of the rescue effort.

Personally, I wouldn’t mind seeing Shirapon’s henchmen making Gramps an offer he can’t refuse, but I realize the odds are pretty long on that one.

joined Mar 19, 2018

I think gramps dies, Shou reiterates again to Mei that she can choose her own path, but if she does choose to inherit the academy that is ok and if she chooses not to go ahead with the arranged marriage, that is ok too. Yuzu tells Mei she loves her again, Mei breaks down, grabs her, tells Yuzu she loves her, they fast forward passed University, Mei and Yuzu inherit the academy, albeit it with a slightly better uniform =P

last edited at Mar 23, 2018 2:35AM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Matsuri kills Gramps. You read it here first!

joined Mar 19, 2018

matsuri_wins eh..lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Matsuri kills Gramps. You read it here first!

Well, if you need a cold-blooded killer, Matsuri’s definitely the #1 candidate in the book.

We
joined Feb 5, 2018

So now we must wait.

joined Feb 21, 2018

Saburouta's notes in volume 9 also mentioned about their happy future. Something like ''それでは ... ふたりの幸せの未来で''. I'm looking forward to the next chapter, i hope we can see Yuzu smiling again!

I hope she is smiling because she finds someone else who actually deserves her love.

joined Feb 18, 2018

I don't want it to happen because I like Matsuri, but it's obvious who the contender is. https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/56295064076539831/

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

If this is not the ending I cannot see this as becoming a good story. If it is the ending it is indeed a good story.

Your post makes me very confused as to what you mean by “a good story,” and I’m especially baffled about why if it ended this way (NOTE: however it eventually ends, it is not over at this point) it would be a good story.

Look I know the classic yuri fangirl/boy entertainment comes from the fact that despite society and it's rules, the girls still end up together. But here's the thing Mei knows this path will lead her away from Yuzu and a life together beyond a (poorly) hidden fling. Mei is choosing something that is important to her. Something that has been important to her throughout the entire series. And despite coping with her father walking out, remembering she did see him off at airport, she still has a ways to go, but her family status or pride or whatever is still important to her and even more so now from her own feelings alone. Yuzu knows this. She loves this part about Mei and wouldn't try to make her stop. They understand each other in ways that maybe no one else in their entire lives ever will again. But it is because they understand each other and are still accepting this as reality that makes this story good. If it just panders an ending to the yuri fangirl/boy population then its just another bore. Look. Girlfriends, that ending worked. It was suitable. This ain't Girlfriends. This is two opposites understanding each other to the core. And still choosing to put their individual dreams above all else. Mei's dream is her family's school. Yuzu's dream is her first love's greatest desire. They share the same dream. This would be a good ending.

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

This makes no sense. Citrus is all about love, so of course Yuzu and Mei will end up together. Chapter 36 has some foreshadowing, so the drama will start to get some closing from there. You need to read Citrus all over again, because it seems you just missed some details.

Sorry, I didn't miss a thing. This story has been too good to just become another yuri fangirl/boy ending. Typical beat the odds repetitive stuff and the like. They are both focused on what is most important to them. Mei has her family's school and knows Yuzu will support that because Yuzu has wanted nothing more this entire time other than to care for the greatest desire of her first love. I haven't missed a thing.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thank you. Now I know what you mean by a “good story.”

joined Feb 18, 2018

I completely disagree. The school doesn't make Mei happy, the story makes it clear she endures it as a duty and that's it. So it cannot be her dream, she simply accepted it as her responsibility once the matters with the father were (for now) settled.

In fact the plot WOULD be more interesting if she actually liked managing the school, the stakes would be even higher. Maybe she would then have a more proactive personality though, which she doesn't. Instead she a super meek person overcompensating by pretending she is all tough, and this whole charade can be translated to "please rescue me and solve my problems for me again Yuzu".

So she is just Mei doing what she does best, which is shifting the responsibility and hard decisions onto Yuzu.

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

I completely disagree. The school doesn't make Mei happy, the story makes it clear she endures it as a duty and that's it. So it cannot be her dream, she simply accepted it as her responsibility once the matters with the father were (for now) settled.

In fact the plot WOULD be more interesting if she actually liked managing the school, the stakes would be even higher. Maybe she would then have a more proactive personality though, which she doesn't. Instead she a super meek person overcompensating by pretending she is all tough, and this whole charade can be translated to "please rescue me and solve my problems for me again Yuzu".

So she is just Mei doing what she does best, which is shifting the responsibility and hard decisions onto Yuzu.

(Just as a side note: I'm almost more interested in Matsuri and Harumin in the story than I am the Main Characters, just wondering if you felt the same? Moving on.)

I agree with you, taking pride in something doesn't mean it makes you happy. I see us discussing two different things here. I said the family's school is important to her. Whatever the reason, of which I agree it is not for happiness, it is important to her.

I agree with your second point. Mei knows the family's school is important and she knows Yuzu will support what she is asking for because Yuzu wants to help Mei anyway she can. Yuzu said it from the start, she has never known what it is like to be in love. She is now and it's making her do crazy things. Like sacrificing one of the things that would make her happy for another. Mei knows she can run and hide because the love of her life is essentially an enabler. Yuzu wants to help, but she doesn't want to get tough enough to help. Many times we see Yuzu stand down from those moments where she should be pressing forward.

last edited at Mar 25, 2018 3:26PM

joined Feb 18, 2018

I agree Yuzu is an enabler and you can see her mom is the same with the Sho guy (who would marry someone and be ok with that person never being around? Or worse, make an arrangement to take care of someone else's teenage daughter lol wtf).

Which is why when people say, Yuzu should just wait for Mei to come after her, I don't understand what their logic is. The entire series goes on and on in circles because these girls cannot take a stand for what they truly want unless pushed by other people. In a way, Mei is actually a bit better because she at least moves the relationship forward by instigating Yuzu passive-aggressively into leading them to the next level.

So on ch. 36 Mei has basically put all the chips on the table and said what she feels for Yuzu is not some teen lovey dovey feelings but adult love. Her way of communicating the problem is terrible but Yuzu's apparent inaction for months is just as bad. What I am hoping for is that Yuzu will finally clue in that she is not living in a fairy tale (as hinted all along by Matsuri, when she criticized her for giving rings to Mei too quickly). At this point she either acts like the mature person someone in Mei's situation needs her to be, and try to work things out together, or just quit because there is no way Mei will be with her if she doesn't show she has a backbone.

(As for Matsuri and Harumin, I like them because they are true friends to Yuzu and not selfish, unlike both Mei and Yuzu who are so absorbed into each other that they don't seem to pay attention to anything else. I hope they end up together, or at least do not go for Yuzu because that would be underselling themselves...Yuzu is not as good of a friend to them as they are to her).

To reply you must either login or sign up.