Forum › Strange Babies discussion

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

iLied posted:

This is the tv dinner of yuri mangas

Yep, the high salt content checks out

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

If anything this manga seems to be a more realistic take on the harem genre in anime. In that indecisiveness ends up making all people in the relationship unhappy.

joined Nov 26, 2017

Kind of a weird but a happy ever after.

Avvvvvvvvv
joined May 20, 2016

What in the fucking tarnation was this ending? Justice for Koko-chan.

F4099919603a7e34609e174afa599fa9
joined Feb 24, 2016

What in the fucking tarnation was this ending? Justice for Koko-chan.

#JusticeForKoko

Tumblr_p3jsh6udab1uxaiteo1_250
joined Jan 31, 2018

Is Ch5 the end?????

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

Wait, is this how it ends? The author put more characters into a perfectly fine one-shot to create drama and then unceremoniously sets them aside for the end? What.

joined Feb 21, 2018

This was such an uncomfortable read. The one shot was great but the sequel was just weird and unsatisfying. Even ruins the one shot for me.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuri Queen posted:

This was such an uncomfortable read. The one shot was great but the sequel was just weird and unsatisfying. Even ruins the one shot for me.

+1

joined Apr 30, 2014

So...I gotta say - was there even any point to this extension cept to draw drama?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

knite posted:

So...I gotta say - was there even any point to this extension cept to draw drama?

Money (probably)

Tumblr_mqsgcvuolq1s1l3cpo1_500
joined Jul 12, 2012

I gotta say I somewhat disagree with a lot of the comments here. I actually enjoyed the story even though it was just to extend the drama. Sure the one-shot what better off left alone, but after reading each chapter I was always looking forward to reading the next one. And that's saying a lot when I read stories- if something doesn't really catch my attention from the start I drop the entire thing. Anyways I found the story to be a good read. My only complain is that the story was finished quite abruptly on ch.5, I wanted to know what happened next after building quite a little story there.

joined Apr 12, 2015

What.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I'm pretty sure the handing off of the cursed goat head signified a breakup.
But yeah, it feels like there's a chunk of a ending left over. Poor Alice though I think she deserved to be in a better series.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

My only complain is that the story was finished quite abruptly on ch.5

Same tbh.

I had such a hard time reading this. I have a bad habit of syncing with the character in the story while I enjoy something. That said, drama often ruins my day.
This started as a comedy series and I was like "Oh okay, seems to be fun, maybe love triangle doesn't seem to bad sometimes". God how wrong I was.
I'm glad it ended in a good way but still, I'm really curious of what is going to happen with the other 2 girls.
Gonna remind myself not to read those love triangle stuffs again. Now to lock myself in a room and try not to talk to anyone else until my mood gets better, or I'm gonna ruin their day too.

Untitled-1
joined Feb 12, 2018

ch. 5+

and then they had a lot of lewd h-h-hand holding

joined May 11, 2014

Ok, but can we talk about how Yagi has a noose at the ready in her room? The author didn't explore it well and far be it to look TOO deep into an undeveloped character's...well Character, but Yagi is actually a very depressed individual and attracted some surprisingly bad folks to love her.

Abrupt ending aside, when I read the one-shot I kept saying "Something doesn't feel right." and it's not like I was reading too much into Mado but it felt like she was just making all the 'Right Moves' to get beside Yagi and then Koko comes along and does the exact same thing she was just far more aggressive.

I don't really want to make it seem like I'm trying to redeem Yagi, but I know the feeling of someone pushing up on me and having a hard time believing any of those actions are genuine and having absolutely no idea how to deal with it so I just ignore it.

Basically as accurate as Yagi is portrayed, she has poor depth in her writing. 5 more chapters would have saved this story with 1 chapter being dedicated to everyone besides Yagi including Alice, an entire date chapter and a proper chapter AFTER Yagi confesses to Mado.

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

What the fuk is this? Come on Madoka is a best girl she didnt have to deal with this bullshit. I'd rather she being with a boy than that Yagi of all people.

09d5b77c-6f4c-43c8-b66b-1314882ba354
joined Oct 12, 2019

She just stepped into a noose, only to step back out for some curry. I think we’ve all been there

joined May 24, 2015

+1 on the abrupt ending. There was no closure with the side characters, felt super rushed.
I didn't even care for the main characters either. I knew Yayoi was going to end it with the original couple but I didn't expect that much fucking drama in 5 chapters.
I'll keep the original one-shot as canon and promptly forget about this series. Unnecessary drama is unnecessary.

joined Sep 20, 2020

the ending is a mess, i feel bad for that black haired girl!! fuck this

Pooooog103139
joined Nov 12, 2020

ah, I liked this, at first.
Then the overly goofy behaviour when at least a little bit of tact was required, the lack of closure for the yandere and Alice just irked me, the ending was pretty meh too, could've been better...

I seriously wish Alice and Koko get a spin-off...

last edited at Apr 16, 2021 7:30AM

joined Jan 29, 2021

Well that was a complete mess, should've just stopped at the one-shot

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

What the fuk is this? Come on Madoka is a best girl she didnt have to deal with this bullshit. I'd rather she being with a boy than that Yagi of all people.

I looked at my old posts and was wondering why I being rude with words, maybe a mistake of youth. I don’t remember the story so I went re-read this one. And yes 3 years later I realized it’s not a mistake of youth, it’s just the goat-girl sucks.

joined Dec 30, 2018

I looked at my old posts and was wondering why I being rude with words, maybe a mistake of youth. I don’t remember the story so I went re-read this one. And yes 3 years later I realized it’s not a mistake of youth, it’s just the goat-girl sucks.

Lmaooooo im dead

To reply you must either login or sign up.